It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Paranormal Survivors" Are You One?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NobodySpecial268

I changed my post at the same time, go see my edit.
edit on 12/4/2023 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Corrections

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 11:52 PM
link   

The "hand" was a new one to me, so I was curious. Without prying or reading too much into things: the deceased generally keep doing what they did in life. Preists would do what priests do.

ETA: LOL, yeah I saw.

edit on 5/12/2023 by NobodySpecial268 because: Added afterthought

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I was living on Vancouver Island, Nanaimo. Spooky place. The house must be 140 year old by now.

It was almost 10 am. I was deciding whether to skip the class for a run or take a shower and go to the class. I could see the school on mountain hill from my window while thinking. Then I heard a male voice calling my name inside my right ear. I turned right and there was this 7f tall white smoke long armed human figure with no details. I immediately looked back to the mountain to reset my eyes. When I turned my face back again it was still there and I screamed like a sissy and wore my shoes and went for a run literally sprinting out the house.

After telling this to my ex (we were seperated but friends) she took me her old witch friend. She did an native american cleanse and told me that it was not a good entitiy. she said it went away after the cleans she did under full moon, at a ocean beach at night. That night I started to see auras which lasted for some weeks.
edit on 5-12-2023 by belkide2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMichiganSwampBuck

When I was about 12 I saw this small monk like thing at the Botton of my bed in the early hours of the morning , I jumped at this smokey apparition and tried to grab it and it simply vanished , That was in a 200 year old sandstone farm house near a river .

When I was 25 or so I was renovating a 300 year old cottage that used to be the coach stables for a Duke and at the time I did not know that in 40 years nobody had lived there for more than a few weeks before fleeing , when I started working on the acres of gardens that were attached to the cottage , I came across bones that I assumed were pig bones and tossed them then things really started getting weird .

Milk cartons would go flying across the kitchen , a old style farm door to the toilet that had a weird knack to open would open and close and no one even when shown how it worked could figure it out bar me mad this Ghost or what ever it was .

Heavy bootsteps would happen on the stairs when I was in bed and I would have the door open in a flash and nothing would be there , no human could move that fast .

One night I was lying in this small living room floor which was where the carage would have been in times past , I was right beside a roaring coal fire 2 for away from the television with wall lights blaring ,My young dog and cat were on the chesterfield seats sound asleep and I got this weird feeling to turn round and look at where the archway was 6 foot behind me to see these 2 smokey figures one was of a small woman with a black dress with a white collar but behind her was a really tall man with a dockers type hat or Abraham Lincoln if you are a American the dog and cat instantly both woke up and fled the room , The cat would never return to the house after that even when I managed to drag it back a couple of times it would go crazy to get away .

One evening in the kitchen I heard those heavy steps on the stairs and shouted out I wanted some rent money if it was going to be there any longer and to leave the pets alone and I never had a problem after that , If it had not been for the reaction of my pets I would have ignored it and thought this was all going on in my mind and was caused by the couple of joints I smoked a week while walking my dog along the beech.

A few doors away from me is a castle and in that castle is a canvas in pencil of this duke that exactly mached the apparition I saw with the old lady , That really freaked me out when I stared at it and the man in that picture is the reason so many Scottish highlanders are in Canada and America , He started the Highland clearencess where people were forced from the land to the new world .

The old lady was burned to death in her home by the person running this estate they blocked the windows and door and set fire to the roof , this happened a lot and is not recorded , a local church had the names of all those desperate families who were forced from their croft houses and the roofs were burned stopping them returning .

While holding up in the church waiting for a ship to the new world the families had to build miles of dyke walls to stop the sheep who were replacing them falling over the cliffs and they were paid a few pence per MILE
. There is a ton of stone in 6foot of dyke wall ? .

Poetic justice some think when the new lord fell to his death from a cliff not so long ago , but I actually liked the kid when I met him all those decades ago .

I survived MSB the cat however went nuts and feral , I never really thought about it much until lately .

What happened on the 4th of November last month really has me rocked sitting exactly where I am now doing exactly what I am doing now typing a reply on ATS I looked up and I was no longer in my living room and I was looking at all my family members who have passed over and they were as solid as anything around me .

Fxxxxg mind blown , I was told I had passed over but me being pig headed I refused and here we are

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 01:56 AM
link   
SPAM

edit on 12/5/2023 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I hate how them shows try to milk it and make it look so dramatic it takes something away from the stories

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 08:14 AM
link   

My major paranormal events were coming at me during Christmas week of 2018 into January 2019. I didnt contact the Catholic Church until June of 2021 as something else set me off. Yes, thats another huge back story.

In 2018, my Sleep Paralysis episodes were increasing along with other phenomenon such as hearing footsteps, hearing muffeled music and people having conversations just beyond our audio comprehension. Reference; "Dark Instrusions" by author and SP experiencer Lewis Proud who describes same in his book.

I began to pray to two uncles, my father in law and God. there is more but in brief I got in contact with Dr. Sheila Pryce Brooks of York University in London, UK. Dr. David Hufford set up the contact for me. I have since completed a Podcast on all along with being referenced as a factual event in a peer reviewed journal at York.
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Opossum19
I hate how them shows try to milk it and make it look so dramatic it takes something away from the stories

I agree. I found the testimonials of the survivors to be more than enough, esp. when they were getting emotional. I wondered if some of those shots of places in the stories were real. I'm assuming most of the outside shots of the homes were real.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   
A few years ago I was staying with my sister, along with her boyfriend at the time, and her two girls.

At this particular time, we were each attracting negative energies. There was a lot of personal struggles we each were going through.

I won't go into details but the energy level in the house was dark, heavy, and we could all feel it.

Occasionally when I was alone in the house, I would burn sage and mark the doors and windows as I attempt to cleanse the air of negative energy.

When I did this, my sister claimed a notable difference, and we would have a few days where the ambiance felt positive. But within a day or two the darkness and heaviness would return.

One day, I decided I would attempt to put a protective shield over the house. It seemed like an innocent thought, and I had no idea what was in store for me...

So that night, I'm in bed, and I decide to get started on my little ritual. So I start praying and declaring the household to be a place of love and light.

As I do this, I start to hear odd noises around the house, nothing unusual, but an uneasiness starts growing in me.

So I continue my work, and the noises and uneasiness increase. The wind starts picking up outside, quickly turning into what seems like a decent storm.

At this point, the uneasiness has peaked, the wind outside is raging, and I hear what sounds like a demonic beast growling just above me.

Now I'm scared. There is nothing visible in the room, but I feel a strong presence, and I can't get that demonic beastial growl out of my mind.

I want to just stop, cover myself under the blankets and wait for it all to go away, but I can't do that... I tried to put a shield over the house, and something doesn't want me to. I can't let it deter me; I'm doing this for my sister and my nieces, I can't let them down.

So I go to war!

I double down on my assertions of this place being a domain of love and light, I speak louder with more conviction. The wind rages on, the growls now turn to words mimicking my own as if to mock me.

I hear, in the same devilish and beast-like tone, "Love...Light..." followed by laughter.

I realize at this point that this "thing" is no simple entity, it is powerful.

So I call for help. Angels and friends of the Light, come to me.

At this point, it sounds like a hurricane outside, and I'm almost screaming as I double-down on my assertions of peace and love and light.

I can hear the "thing" laughing at me, as I feel it as if it were leaving through my window, away from the house.

The wind rather quickly comes to a dead stop, as the uneasiness leaves, and I almost instantly feel at peace.

Well, it seems to have worked. So I fall asleep shortly after.

The next morning, I find my sister and her boyfriend on the balcony enjoying a coffee.

So I go join them, and I decide to let them know what went on, even if part of me feels as though they wouldn't believe me anyway.

So I said "I went to war last night. I tried to put a shield over the house, but something fought back. Something powerful and scary. I couldn't fight it, all I could do was establish a positive energy field where it can no longer dwell, and is forced to leave."

And without batting an eyelash, with a bit of fear in their eyes they both tell me they believe me and they thank me.

Apparently that same night I was wrestling with that thing, they themselves felt and even saw a dark shadow in their room, they were scared and felt powerless as it grew and moved about, until all of a sudden it vanished and they felt at peace.

The darkness and uneasiness around the house went away after that. We each still faced our own personal struggles, but the house itself felt "good" to be in, as opposed to before.

One other event to note, the next night, in the street behind ours, directly lined up with my window, in the direction I heard the entity leave, there was a fight between some young adults, and someone nearly died (I think someone hit someone with a metal tool after getting angry and losing control).

This was unexpected, as it was a very family friendly neighborhood with little to no trouble generally.

I have a feeling this "entity" didn't just go back to where it came... It just went elsewhere to spread chaos.

Well that was my paranormal survivor story.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

Incredibly dramatic! Bravo!

I'm not doubting your story, but even if that was embellished, all the better as a great piece of fiction.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   
One more thought regarding the story/re-enactment TV shows. I know there are more than a few out there. I can't remember the name of the one I'm thinking of, but you know how they typically have the experiencer tell what happened in between the dramatic re enactments? There's at least one show where even the supposed real people were actors, not folks that actually had an experience. So the people and the stories were 100% fiction

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NobodySpecial268

The "hand" was a new one to me, so I was curious. Without prying or reading too much into things: the deceased generally keep doing what they did in life. Preists would do what priests do.

After searching "hand", "black hand" and "bloody hand" along with "omen" I only found that the black hand was a mafia organization and bloody hand was in reference to Old English law as in blood on the hands being guilt of killing. This had led me to the hand of death, as in the Reaper's hand, but search results were an old low-budget horror film from 1962, a Chinese martial arts film from 1976 and 1988, and a song by Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper.

I like your hand motion as a blessing from some priest-like figure. It is interesting to note that the right hand is considered a blessing and the left a curse as the devil had sat on the left hand of God before he was cast out of heaven.

ETA: Let's not forget the Black Sabbath song' "Hand of Doom".
edit on 12/5/2023 by TheMichiganSwampBuck because: Added extra comments

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Sorry just a quickie but will be back to tell my stuff later when I get a chance...father & brother
in hospital atm so I'm really tied up & mostly only reading.

In response to right hand being a blessing & the left one a curse, I wonder if that played any roll
in people being right handed or left handed? Almost every family I know encouraged being right handed
by setting up utensils (hey maybe the way to properly set a table was also encouraged by the blessing or curse)
encouraging or making kids growing up to be right handed.

I'm the oldest of 4 & the youngest is 11 yrs younger, a male & me mum, for the first time put all utensils
in a pile on the table above his plate. He was never made to be right or left handed. Mum's brother was left handed & his 1st born of 3 was left handed. I am ambidextrous & have not many of those maybe 2.

So I don't drift your very interesting thread before I can get back...my paranormal stuff started as a wee kid with the
front porch smelling like something died & it was extremely bad...I lived in a house in town I think until I was 18 mo
old when we moved into that house in a rural neighborhood. I don't want to tell too much until I finish, but also ghost
& shadow people & etc.

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Dec, 10 2023 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Ektar

I hope your father and brother are okay, and I hope you can come back and tell your stories.

MSB, thanks for starting this thread, I love these kinds of things. Even though I was terrorized most of my young life by the very likes of them...

First off, I'm getting old, when I joined this site I still thought I was a relatively young man. But I've turned a corner. I don't really know how to do this old thing either... sorry, that's for another discussion. Anyway, first off, as I was saying, when I was about 6 or 8, I don't know, Beatlemania was raging and I was a fairly typical boy at the time. I was into monsters and UFO stories and those cheesy old movies and drag racing, and something started happening. I was a pretty introverted kid, but it was really common in the '60s not to really talk about things that we thought about or felt. It was a really repressed time. Then I started hearing loud footsteps on the stairs at night.

I'd be lying in bed, having just gone up, not sleeping or even sleepy yet. Suddenly, I hear loud footsteps coming up the stairs. I assume it's my dad and I call out "dad?". But no answer, so I wait and call out again. Nothing. So I don't see anyone coming even though the footsteps continue over towards me in my bed... What do I do? Pull the covers up over my head of course! The universal shield from all that could try to do us harm back in those days. Well, I didn't move, and the footsteps never continued, and next thing I knew it was morning.

So of course I never mentioned this to anyone in my family, and my brother, who slept in the top bunk over me, never let on that he had heard it. So life went on. The footsteps went on now and then, not every night.

Then something new started. I'd wake up at (according to the old alarm clock that I had, if I remember right it was digital even though I don't think it seems right that we had digital clocks back then) 3:11, I know, everyone says things happen around 3:00 in the morning but remember this was the mid '60s and I had never heard of the three o'clock thing at that time.

It was pitch dark, I couldn't see anything. I started panicking for some reason, things seemed off. I got up, tried to open my door, which was strange because we always slept with our doors closed in those days, and it would not open. I tried to turn the overhead light on but it wouldn't come on. I flipped the switch but thought the power must be off. So I'd walk around and around in sheer panic not being able to see at all and just lost in the panic and next thing I knew it was moring. I know some people will suggest that I was dreaming, and I have nothing to use to proove otherwise. All I know is that I've never been able to experience that kind of sheer panic and be that in the moment while sleeping.

That happened a few times, and still I never mentioned it to anyone. We all just carried our own burdens and lived our own lives back then. It seemed normal.

When my sister got married and moved out, I got her bedroom and there things took another twist. I was a teenager and played guitar and sang in a band. I had long hair and smoked and all that. Actually, my hair is just as long now and no grey yet either... that's another story. Anyway, I'd come home late and sit downstairs watching TV at night after band practice and it was just me in the house besides mom and dad who were in bed. Then I'd hear what sounded like 20 people in my bedroom walking around, just milling around like they were at a party. So I'd hop in my car and go up town and sit for the rest of the night until the sun came up.

That happened a lot, and the times it didn't and I'd go up to bed I started seeing things moving around 'by themselves' so to speak. And whatever moved the things responded to my thoughts too. If I would think "if someone is here that picture will fall off the wall" then it did. Needless to say, I was terrified and I'd usually drive away.
All this stuff continued on and one night things came to a climax. I'm not going to discuss what I went through in this thread but it has stayed with me since. I haven't really had any paranormal experiences since I got married the first time and moved out of that house.

Anyway, I don't usually write this much on here, guess it's a by-product of my old age... I was just trying to explain the stages the hauntings took in my experience.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

Thanks, that was a good summary that supports the stages theory and how this escalates into more aggressive activity.

You mentioned two interesting things about darkness. Being confined in a dark room until sunrise and the activity starting around 3 am.

First, even though these entities can manifest in a lighted room or even in broad daylight, they seem to prefer darkness, the most evil ones do at least. Now, people have often talked about "midnight" being the witching hour but few realize that the middle of the night, when the sun is shining directly on the opposite side of Earth, occurs around 1:30 am to 2:00 am. If these evil spirits wanted to stay as far from sunlight as possible they would have a peak time to do their work between 1 am and 3 am.

Being vulnerable due to darkness can cause fear levels to rise very high and help these evil entities grow even stronger from your distressed emotions. I had a few nighttime panic attacks when I was sick with a low-grade fever over the summer. Once the sun went down I was pacing the hallway, then went outside and couldn't go too far from the porch light while I paced the driveway. I just couldn't relax until sunrise when the sunlight cleared away the darkness.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Hey man, that's interesting about the middle of the night and being as far away from sunlight as possible. I've never quite thought about it that way before. I know that the evil entities frequently do things opposite of what's good and right. They will sometimes speak backwards, or make symbols upside down, etc. But I hadn't thought of it that way.

I agree that when fear levels rise the evil entities grow stronger. It seems that their whole purpose in doing these things, hauntings and stuff, is to make us afraid. I mean, it works, right? But that's their end game, or at least gets the game to the end for them through our fear. Some people's lives are ruined or they commit suicide because of the terrible things that they endure. Then the demonic spirits win.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I have a couple of observations regarding your speculations - the reason you don't find stories of benevolent spirits interacting with people on the Earth plane, is because benevolent (heavenly) human spirits simply do not interact with humans in this realm, in the way that demonic spirits do. In the Old Testament it is strictly forbidden to practice mediumship not because it doesn't work, but because almost all of the time, the spirit that comes forward to the medium is a demonic spirit imitating someone who has lived on the Earth, who no longer lives on or near the Earth, but actually resides in Heaven, where the medium cannot reach. Mediums can only reach the Earth plane & local spiritual realms such as the astral & second heaven, where the demonic powers & principalities reside. Bear in mind that Satan was cast down to the Earth realm, and he is stated even by Jesus to be 'the god of this world'. So all the spiritual entities that reside on or near the Earth plane/ second heaven (first heaven is the firmament) are under the power of the Devil, and as a result one should not be trying to contact them.

One caveat which I can add about whether heavenly spirits communicate with us - the answer is yes, they do, but only when permitted expressly by God, and it is always they who initiate the contact, we must never seek it of our own accord, or else we are liable to end up being deceived & oppressed by demonic impersonators. In my dreams I have experienced contact with dead loved ones, who have appeared & spoken to me at length in vivd dream encounters, showing me that they live on in a wonderful Heavenly realm of great joy & abundant loving kindness in every member of the heavenly communities. So yes, most often they come in dreams, but special dispensation can be arranged for dying elderly people to have visions of their passed away spouses & so on, to prepare their hearts for the transition between life & death, to inspire love 7 reflection on one's life.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheMichiganSwampBuck
It is probably wise to make the distinction between a haunted house, place, or object and a spirit attachment in which a spirit is basically haunting a person. Then there are what may be considered visiting spirits that pop in for a bit, spirits like a passed relative or even something evil that shows up one time then leaves to never return. Let's not forget the ever-popular "portal" that opens up and allows any kind of spirit to pour in from elsewhere. Then you have lay lines, space/time warps along with intersecting realities if you want to go into that stuff as well.

In my case the place was haunted as I didn’t have any issues after I moved.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

When I was young, I experienced homelessness for a couple of years. At one point, my local council placed me into a truly inappropriate situation – I was assigned to live in a bail hostel, the place where criminals leaving prison are assigned to live, a 'halfway house'. And so there was I, a seventeen year old kid with no truly criminal history aside from minor drug use & very minor fraud, neither of which were ever criminally prosecuted, being placed in a depressing hovel in amongst rapists, murderers & even paedophiles. My prospects at this time in my life were truly dire, and I was exposed here to hard drug use of the most flagrant kind, indeed some of the residents tried to get me hooked on heroin & crack coc aine, thank God this never took hold of me in the way it could have.

One night, as I lay in my room, I gradually fell asleep as usual. Later, I awoke to a partial consciousness of the room around me. I could not see anything particularly well, my vision was blurry or pixelated somehow. In a shocking turn of events, I became conscious of the presence of a woman with me, sitting astride me as though to have relations with me. I was able to feel her body with my hands, but I could not see her. She seemed a very real presence even so, and indeed she leaned forward to kiss me. As she did so, and as I reciprocated, a ball of gel approximately the size of a golf ball was passed into my mouth, and before I could react it had impelled down my throat & gullet, and into my stomach.

This broke the spell of my partial consciousness & I awoke violently, looking at the empty room about me, the door still securely locked from the inside (these doors were extremely strong, as they had to be able to withstand forced entry by angry housemates who were seeking to steal or commit violence against another resident). Although the room was empty, and it seemed therefore that the experience must have been some bizarre dream, in actual fact I could still feel the presence of 'something' in my stomach, which was moving about in a way that could easily be felt whether standing or laying down on my bed.

Eventually, uneasy, I tried to go back to sleep; however, whatever that thing inside my stomach happened to be, I could suddenly feel it moving forcefully against the wall of my stomach, literally cutting into it, causing severe stabbing & slicing pain which didn't dissociate from that palpable sense of intelligent movement which was connected to it as whatever it was writhed & wriggled its way through the wall of my stomach and into the abdominal cavity, over the course of the next six hours or so. At that point I could feel the thing moving around in the wider abdominal cavity – and what is more, when I looked at the surface of my belly, I could sometimes see its motion very clearly, as though a child within a pregnant woman was kicking or pushing against the lining of the womb.

The next day I went downstairs to the TV room, and a resident came in who was giggling maniacally (with hindsight, he was manifesting demonically – the mania was fuelled by diabolical fire). He pointed at me with wicked glee evident in his eyes, and stated very matter-of-factly: “It's Beelzebub.” At the time, I had no idea what he meant, I only knew that he seemed to have some knowledge of the events I had experienced the night before, as he rubbed his stomach mockingly as he spoke. Years later, I came to understand what he meant – that a demonic creature had been implanted into me, and what is more, I realised that I had been assaulted by a Succubus, a nocturnal she-demon such as attack men during the night in various ways. It was at this time that my mental health problems began to run rampant, and I had no idea how to free myself from the demonic persecution I was experiencing.

Thankfully a couple of years later I heard the Gospel, became a Christian, joined a church, learned how to pray & receive deliverance ministry, and I was freed from the diabolical effects on my mental health - though for years afterwards I still saw & felt the movement of that 'creature' in my belly, though eventually it died down to barely any activity at all, and for several years now I have not felt it at all, glory to God. I beieve it was a 'thorn in the flesh', a messenger from Satan, to keep me humble, exactly as the experience St Paul had, which he described in his New Testament letters. It was sent due to the abundance of visions that he experienced, so that he would not become prideful due to the work God was doing through him. In my experience, the thing would actively & deliberately cause severe pain, mostly at night, waking me from terrible dreams with severe stabbing pains & the associated movement in my abdominal cavity. A truly diabolical experience which I will never forget - and 100% true.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

Dude….That needs to be it’s own post!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join