It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is—time…

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Where is the beginning and end of this?

Now that; All that nonsense is over...

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

I love it

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It's an interesting topic but as under current understanding time is a dimension - in the 4D understanding of the universe (three dimensions of space, on dimension of time) time points in a constant direction from past, present to future.

There are a few theoretical 12D models that include 10 dimensions of space and two dimensions of time (time and hyper-time). In the hyper-time dimension/model time loses its arrow and is in more of a super-state/eigen-state where past, present and future all exist simultaneously - IIRC the collapse of this state/eigen-function is the quantum-zeno effect/paradox.

The time dilation effects mentioned in sci-fi/popscience (time slowing down as velocity increases) are only noticable when travelling near the speed of light and requires acceleration. If you were to travel/accelerate at 99.9% the speed of light for a year in your relative time, around 500 days would have passed on a clock/object with no acceleration.
edit on 6-12-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Wow!!! Thank you for this! I think my brain is fried! Great info!

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Time is a construct, which serves as a framework for us to gauge progress.

On a side note, time doesn't age us.

What we consume and are exposed to ages us.

Growth is divine.

Decay is a side effect of our way of living.

It's true.

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: BrotherKinsMan

I so agree! Oxygen ages us! Look what o2 does to apples. We have wear and tear on our body’s too! Teeth decay bones rot and skin starts looking different!

Thank you for this!

posted on Dec, 11 2023 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I'm late to the thread (pun intended).

Time is nothing more than a way to measure the movement of the universe.

In some ways, it is a prison for your mind. There is only movement, and we calculate it.

Time is our own construct.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

The problem I have with time it’s 24 hours rotation is one day and it keeps going on from there 365 = 1 year! Why is that one year? Who said it’s one year? Just because one trip around the sun takes 365 days.

I like what you said much better about time!

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

Who said it’s one year?

The constellations and all the stars in the sky. The same stars will be in the same time and place in the sky one year later.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Time is a measurement of gravities effect on space

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   

A year is the duration it takes a planet to complete one orbit around the sun, a day is the length of time it takes for a planet to complete a full rotation/spin on it's axis. Different planets have different lengths of day and year.

On earth its just under 24 hrs in a day and 365.25 days in a year, while neptune a day is only 16 earth hours long but one year is 165 earth years.

60 seconds making up 1 minute and 60 minutes making 1 hour is a legacy of the ancient babylonian base60 counting system (0 - 59) and even more ancient sumerian base12 (0 - 11) and base5 (0 - 4) counting systems which were based on astrological calendars as opposed to the more modern arabic base10 (0 - 9) system that is common today.

edit on 12-12-2023 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 01:30 PM
link   

On earth its just under 24 hrs in a day and 365.25 days in a year, while neptune a day is only 16 earth hours long but one year is 165 earth years.

Thank you for this. But years and time don’t change? So if I lived near the sun and did not burn up I would be older in rotations around the sun.

Let’s say my planet was out of control speeding around the sun time would not stand still unless I was traveling at the speed of light.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions

Thank you for this. But years and time don’t change? So if I lived near the sun and did not burn up I would be older in rotations around the sun.

Let’s say my planet was out of control speeding around the sun time would not stand still unless I was traveling at the speed of light.

Again, it's about movement. If you move faster than the universe, "time" stops.

posted on Dec, 12 2023 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Dapaga

Looks like the time was save by what he was eating lol. Thank you for posting this!

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Time is da main illusion
in da simulacion.

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Time is certainly a real phenomenon of the universe, as it can be considered 'pixellated' at the Planck length, the tiniest possible unit of time, similar to the Planck length, the tiniest possible unit of distance. Suggesting that reality is a simulation/ holographic projection...

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Are you an AI? Your responses are a bit generic & overly sugary.....

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyInTheOintment

yesss

But not the whole universe, just our planetary system.

I'm currently collecting my knowledge on it and results are immense!

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I love your profile, it looks beautiful.
You're a great designer!

posted on Dec, 13 2023 @ 03:31 PM
link   

I am a bot warrior with a keyboard! lol! With no time!
edit on 13-12-2023 by JJproductions because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join