It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is—time…

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Thank you beyond!

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

Haaaaaa! I LOVE Rocky Horror!!!🤟

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JJproductions

I hope you're not! The soul needs to travel and grow each lifetime towards the "Source"...

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

God...brother. These have exploded across Michigan...

The rule is "look left" "go right"...then everybody else goes "WTF!"... slamming n swerving...

I think roundabouts are fine. It actually does keep flow movin'...

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Here's another ponder for ya....when we discuss our present, it passes and is now past...same seconds..now n then

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Yes that is very mind blow lol! Thank you and my head hurts from that!

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

God...brother. These have exploded across Michigan...

The rule is "look left" "go right"...then everybody else goes "WTF!"... slamming n swerving...

I think roundabouts are fine. It actually does keep flow movin'...

They have a roundabout here by Walmart. If you come out of Walmart when there is a steady flow of traffic coming into Marquette from the Negaunee area, you can wind up waiting for five minutes till the big line of cars clears.

I know, nobody should shop at Walmart, that would solve that problem. The roundabouts up here in the UP are bad, they are hard to plow and that causes problems with sliding off the curbing and your back swinging out and hitting the car in the other lane of the two lanes going each way, because the plow has to go over that curb to clear the snow and it is invisible but still slanted. They are hard to plow from what I heard from the guys that plow the highways here that I personally know. You should see what a Semi does when it hits one of those slippery curbs, the back end slides right out. Lots of accidents in the roundabouts in this area. but the cops just mark the accidents as being on the highway....they are told they are not allowed to mark them on the roundabouts...I knew half a dozen cops and they all seemed to hate the way they have to report them because they do not like to deceive the public about something like that.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Thoughts are faster than light, it's the putting those thoughts to pen and paper that takes *time.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

You are 10000% correct!

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Down here lol lower Michigan on Orchard Lake Road we have roundabouts! The speed limit is 20 mph but most people go 40mph and it always messes up the flow causing many accidents!

You get way more snow there and we have a plow problem on the roundabouts so you must have a major problem!

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Tine is a counterpart to mass depending on how you look at it, with infinite mass there's no passing of time but with no mass everything would happen at once? Or maybe that's the other way round as in no mass = no time and infinite mass = infinite time.

Either way for any of it to be appreciated a consciousness is required and under that experience yesterday were just memories and tomorrow can be prognostication. Anything but the present is mere thought and considerations, for us. Apparently.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: RAY1990

Thank you for this!!!

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Some might say that Carpe Diem is the answer, all things considered.

Me? I tend to have to think about it

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Listen...Dearborn is little Arabia here....they don't drive...they pilot their way thru...lights, construction zones, school crossing...give it hell n go...n.."whats that red thing up there for?".

Honest to God Ricky...I ve seen some STOPPED...at a roundabout...because they couldn't figure it out.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: loveguy

It does not take time ...it uses it quickly, n spits it out as time-passed.

" Nothing passes by so fast...as an opportunity missed".

Let no opportunity pass you by. You've haven't any time to waste🎸😎✌️!

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions

Down here lol lower Michigan on Orchard Lake Road we have roundabouts! The speed limit is 20 mph but most people go 40mph and it always messes up the flow causing many accidents!

You get way more snow there and we have a plow problem on the roundabouts so you must have a major problem!

The DOT made a recommendation to restrict from putting roundabouts in high snow areas and with that they limited winter snow removal costs to just the added highway footage caused by building them. The county here spends way more money to plow the roundabouts and is not given hardly any extra money for that snow removal. That started about five years ago because the cities and counties were billing a lot to plow the roundabouts. So now, the cities and counties get very little extra plowing money so they take it from the general fund and now lots more potholes are in the roads and they plow less everywhere except the highways to make up for the loss of income.

This means it takes more time to get to the highways since plowing is reduced. There is also less sand and salt on the country roads now because they have to cut expenses. We did not save time, you have to go slower on the slippery and snowy roads now which actually increases the time of the overall trip you take.

But the local idiots running things only look at the money coming into the area from these expensive roundabouts. Five million bucks will give money to contractors who hire people. It increases the economy, but in the end it raises taxes so there is no savings. Another thing, the county wanted to lower the speed limit farther from the stoplights to forty five from fifty five on highways and it was refused by the state to allow this...yet they have those 45 signs before the roundabouts now. So if that reduction was done initially, accidents would have been lower with the regular traffic lights. So any less accidents are influenced by this speed reduction for the roundabouts. Evidence is being distorted by those running things.

In areas where there is not much snow, roundabouts probably save some time and could be safer....but this is not one of those areas.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Me: What’s up man? What are you doing?
Friend X: Nothing. Just killing time.
Me: You cannot kill time. Time, kills you.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Listen...Dearborn is little Arabia here....they don't drive...they pilot their way thru...lights, construction zones, school crossing...give it hell n go...n.."whats that red thing up there for?".

Honest to God Ricky...I ve seen some STOPPED...at a roundabout...because they couldn't figure it out.

I was already on the roundabout here and a semi came up to the roundabout way too fast, there was no way in hell it could have stopped if I continued going. The wife told me that I should not stop and I told her that semi was going to fast to stop. I told her it would have hit us in the passenger door if I kept going after she noticed it couldn't stop and I did. Now she pays attention to the mistakes of others that can lead to someone getting hurt. It does not matter who's fault it is when you are sitting in the hospital with broken bones or lying on a slab at the morgue. Who cares if your survivors get to sue the other guy which makes lawyers gain more than you do without being hurt themselves. Remember, I got rearended on the highway by someone who could not stop on the ice, I was on SS disability for sixteen years and could not even work because of my accident caused epilepsy. We got sixty grand, the lawyer got almost forty....I could have made that sixty grand extra in two years of working at my business. Everyone needs to be alert and pay attention while driving, we need to lower distractions, seems like the new technology is adding to distractions. Our car seems to beep at us all the time which pulls my attention from driving for enough time for a deer to run out in front of me and cause an accident....eyesight disabled is the worst one, so is the one that the car in front of you has moved, checking out what the sound is saying delays me from actually moving to cross the intersection for about ten seconds.

We are creating a risky mess with all this technology and changing things so much

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I enjoy how Jiddu Krishnamurti often equated time with thought.

Timelessness is found in the unconditioned experiential observation of the present moment. Analytical thought imposes the illusion of time. Past, present, and future is an undivided happening which only appears to be differentiated by a mind of thought.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: MonadicLight

I love this!!!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join