It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin in his youth: alone against a crowd of drunken Germans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I've never been to Germany proper so you're right I don't know about large congregations.

All the beer halls I've been to in small German towns have been with those that don't drink to excess and the atmosphere is very friendly lighthearted and jovial with lots of positive conversations and occasional moments of joyous laughter.

Maybe I'm speaking based on my experiences and not yours. Ever think about that angle?

Way to be Capitan Buzzkill.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Did they live well in East Germany? Czechoslovakia? Etc.

Ask those Germans who are now voting for the Alternative for Germany and Sarah.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES

I've never been to Germany proper so you're right I don't know about large congregations.

All the beer halls I've been to in small German towns have been with those that don't drink to excess and the atmosphere is very friendly lighthearted and jovial with lots of positive conversations and occasional moments of joyous laughter.

Maybe I'm speaking based on my experiences and not yours. Ever think about that angle?

Way to be Capitan Buzzkill.

Nowadays, becoming a boring Captain is better than becoming an obvious Captain))))

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Did they live well in East Germany? Czechoslovakia? Etc.

Much better than people in the USSR.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Must have been pretty grim for them, then?

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

This is a very happy period of my life

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
a reply to: Creaky

Now the reality is that it is Western countries that are holding Eastern Europe as their hostages and satellites. The difference is that they are now required to sacrifice themselves with complete destruction in the future. During the USSR they flourished and did not die))))

By the way, the “wall” is a purely Western invention. It is Western countries that are currently building walls, real and sanctioned.

Then why glasnost?

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Now the reality is that it is Western countries that are holding Eastern Europe as their hostages and satellites. The difference is that they are now required to sacrifice themselves with complete destruction in the future. During the USSR they flourished and did not die))))

By the way, the “wall” is a purely Western invention. It is Western countries that are currently building walls, real and sanctioned.

"Glasnost" is part of the West's technology for the collapse of unwanted countries with the help of the "Orange Revolution".
Then why glasnost?

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Were you happy in the old USSR?

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Were you happy in the old USSR?

I already wrote to you - YES. Was that system fair? - complex issue. Now I don’t want to go back to the USSR..
I completely agree with Putin’s words:

“Whoever is not nostalgic for the USSR has no heart. Whoever wants to return to the USSR has no mind.”

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   

"Glasnost" is part of the West's technology for the collapse of unwanted countries with the help of the "Orange Revolution".
Then why glasnost?

Glasnost was an old Russian term from hundreds of years ago, it existed at least pre-Alexander II, under imperial Russia, where it was used in the context of judicial reform.

On 5 December, 1965 there was a "glasnost" civil rights rally held in Pushkin Square in Moscow.

Gorbachev introduced glasnost as a political slogan in 1986 and through perestroika and demokratizatsiya, had implemented it into Communist Party Soviet policy by 1991.

The Orange Revolution in Ukraine happened in 2004. It was clearly post-glasnost and post-Soviet.

Your revisionist view of history does not fit the actual timeline of events.

None the less, glasnost was seen as very "Western" by Soviet hard-liners, but civil rights were also being expanded in parts of the 'West' at about the same time, and glasnost was a very particularly Russian-led ideology. I suppose it is something that happens when technology, population, and society reach certain levels.

edit on 2-12-2023 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

You are retelling the manuals of Western intelligence services. I know them very well. Not interested.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I spent a bit of time in Poland before the Wall came down and the Soviet Union broke up. It wasn't all that bad. Certainly not as bad as we were programmed to believe.

Yes, the ordinary working-class people didn't have the luxuries that the West had, and some freedoms were curtailed but I found it an ok place to settle and most of the people I was introduced to seemed happy enough and made do with what they had. Lovely people who would cook you there last and make you feel welcome.

I'll tell you what. No gangs were loitering around the streets day or night. Never seen a crime committed, though I'm sure like everywhere else crimes were committed. The streets were clean and the weather was magical.

The streets were mostly deserted at night. Just some of the young Military lads dressed in civvies who were allowed out of the Barracks for a few hours to play arcade games down in the underpasses.

I used to eat in a couple of nice restaurants (One Chinese) and drink some of the best Vodka and champagne you could get your hands on for like 80p a bottle of 80% proof. Hotels were fine, Mostly tourists and Workers passing through for a few weeks...The prostitutes were obvious.

The nightlife was there but kinda hidden away, You had to know where to look and grease a few palms with some gangster types Just to be on the safe side. I never encountered a problem once they got to know me. I had also the secret Police tail me for about a week until they got bored. lol

If you wanted Coca-cola you would struggle, you had to get up early to join a queue for meat, and once it was gone it was gone until the next delivery was in town.

If you knew the right people you could probably get a Giraffe as a pet never mind Coke as a thirst quencher.

At the weekend a Beer stall would open for a few hours. It was very popular and the Beer would soon run out. Once again a massive queue for the Beers. But if I was anything in my youth I was patient, Patient when it came to Beer queueing time. Supermarkets were kinda empty though by our standards but a lot of people would buy fresh from stalls, small shops, or farms around the city.

Also. Never seen a fat child on the verge of Diabetes the way we have here.

I think my girlfriend at the time's Doctor father was making $25 a month...or maybe that was a week?. It Didn't stop them from doing the things we did. Like a Holiday once a year. Ski in the winter etc. They just didn't piss their money away on crap the way people do these days.

People need to travel more and listen to the Western media less. You might just come to the realisation that the third-world corrupt #hole of a country that they try to portray is your own country.
edit on nd2023Saturday2023pSat, 02 Dec 2023 12:59:29 -060020233120232023-12-02T12:59:29-06:00 by ohahhupthera because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ohahhupthera
I agree with you. I know this too. But we were young and happy.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

You are retelling the manuals of Western intelligence services. I know them very well. Not interested.

No, I was alive, politically aware, and have a fair memory.

I remember when Andropov took over from Brezhnev, who had suffered a stroke, and was in my 40's, and politically active at the time. I was also working for a company maintaining defense force aircraft and ordinance at the time and was particularly attuned to the potential Soviet threat exacerbated by the changeover of power to an extremist and hardliner.

Andropov, if you recall, arrested workers for taking time off, and organized a purge of party members he deemed as not following the rules. Soviet Russia under Andropov was NOT a nice place for the common people of USSR. Andropov also had Suslov assassinated as a 'message' to the 'Brezhnev old-guard' not to try and assert power. It was fortunate that the KGB knew how to deal with such, and subsequently, Andropov (who was already unwell) didn't live long. Neither did Chernenko, who stepped into Andropov's role, but was senile. Things that make you go hmm?

edit on 2-12-2023 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

No, I was alive, politically aware, and have a fair memory.

I remember when Andropov took over from Brezhnev, who had suffered a stroke, and was in my 40's, and politically active at the time. I was also working for a company maintaining defense force aircraft and ordinance at the time and was particularly attuned to the potential Soviet threat exacerbated by the changeover of power.

Andropov, if you recall, arrested workers for taking time off, and organized a purge of party members he deemed as not following the rules. Soviet Russia was NOT a nice place for the common people of Russia. It was highly tyrannical.

After Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill, the leaders of the countries were shredded, and now in the West they have generally turned into clowns and old people with dementia.

Compared to them, Putin is a real world leader.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   

A real World leader who can't actually travel to the real World for fear of being arrested for his war crimes?

Thanks for Salisbury, by the way.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Our Churchill was instrumental in defeating the Nazis.

And then your Stalin murdered more of his own people than Hitler ever managed, so your lectures are a little, ill advised?

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   

A real World leader who can't actually travel to the real World for fear of being arrested for his war crimes?

Thanks for Salisbury, by the way.

You do not understand. You still think that the West is the center of the Universe. In fact, the entire civilized world has long given a damn about the West. Putin visits any countries that are interesting for global development. Those countries that have fenced themselves off from the civilized world are not interesting to Putin.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Our Churchill was instrumental in defeating the Nazis.

And then your Stalin murdered more of his own people than Hitler ever managed, so your lectures are a little, ill advised?

A wish, just read the threads on Kissinger's death on our forum. But this is only the Secretary of State. How many people have the US presidents and the British royal house killed? It's scary to think about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join