It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ted Cruz Brutally Mocked by Texas Newspaper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Link

I thought about putting this elsewhere, but it ended up in the jokes forum, representative of the person the OP is about.

Rafael Edward Cruz proposed a new bill (3 page PDF), prohibiting the use of preferred names. Legal names only; or else!

One of the largest Texas' newspapers, the San Antonio Express-News, pointed out his blatant hypocrisy.

"Sen. Rafael Edward Cruz, who uses the preferred name Ted, has introduced a bill to limit the use of preferred names and pronouns," the newspaper posted.

There's no better comedy than real life.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogani

He's a prick.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 04:13 PM
link   

You think it’s a joke but the joke is on the clowns in the Biden administration that want to make it a crime to call someone anything else but by they’re whacked out, woke BS labels.

Ted Cruz is only calling out the Liberal derangement and you know that or maybe you are a victim of that same derangement and just don’t understand what he is talking about?

There are only 2 biological sexes on this planet.
On Liberal fantasy planet, there are 100s but we don’t have to go along with it.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Cruz lost all of Texan support and relevancy when he went to Cancun while all his constituents were freezing their ass off during a power outage, remember? Texans have long memories...
My mother, a Texan, Baptist, conservative, Republican called cruz a piece of dog poop. That's profanity in her world.

www.theguardian.com...

edit on 1-12-2023 by lilzazz because: you mad bro?

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

Cruz lost all of Texan support and relevancy when he went to Cancun while all his constituents were freezing their ass off during a power outage, remember? Texans have long memories...
My mother, a Texan, Baptist, conservative, Republican called cruz a piece of dog poop. That's profanity in her world.

www.theguardian.com...

He didn't loose anybody in my in-law family.

Plus, anytime establishment media tries to dis anybody for any reason, that's an endorsement in my view. If the establishment media dislikes anybody for any reason, that means they are probably doing good.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz

www.theguardian.com...

No way I am defending Cruz for anything like that.

But this Liberal pronoun/name BS is out of control and now Biden wants to make it a crime if you don’t go along with their insanity.

I’ll defend Cruz all day on that topic.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

He sponsored a Bill prohibiting the govt from compelling people to use preferred pronouns.

Meaning you can call him whatever you want.

You do realize that this kind of BS spin doesn't work anymore?

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

I'm a Texan, and I don't care if he went on vacation.

It was a little cold weather, people should stop being weak bitches.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Ted is more masculine than being called Ralphie.

No one stopped your mom from picking up the phone and booking her tickets to cancun.

To many people are looking for things be offended by and things to complain about these days. Maybe she should get a hobby.

By the way, wha does being a Baptist have to do with this?

Asking for a non Baptist

Thanks.

edit on 09/12/2017 by montybd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

You think it’s a joke but the joke is on the clowns in the Biden administration that want to make it a crime to call someone anything else but by they’re whacked out, woke BS labels.

Joke's on you, buddy.

In America, people have the right to call themselves whatever they want to, or wear any clothes they want to. And to this day, no one has been forced to wear colored armbands for identification.

Teddy knows. He doesn't like his own name, so he wants to be called a name he made up for himself. And he has a right to.

Which is why this is so funny, he's trying to tell other people not to do what he does every day.

Hypocrisy can be so funny.

edit on 1-12-2023 by Mahogani because: typo

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

originally posted by: RazorV66

Joke's on you, buddy.

In America, people have the right to call themselves whatever they want to, or wear any clothes they want to. And to this day, no one has been forced to wear colored armbands for identification.

Teddy knows. He doesn't like his own name, so he wants to be called a name he made up for himself. And he has a right to.

Which is why this is so funny, he's trying to tell other people not to do what he does every day.

Sure THEY can call themselves whatever THEY want but that doesn’t mean I am required to follow along with their silly games.

So the joke really isn’t on me, it’s on you guys for going along with the mental illness.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I wonder why he didn't like Rafael? Maybe it sounds to Hispanic. Ted was a good choice. However no matter what "TED" thinks, I'll call anyone, anything I thinks appropriate.

This might blow up in Ted's face and now plenty of people that know his real name is Rafael will start calling him that; especially after his new bill.

www.cruz.senate.gov...
edit on 1-12-2023 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 07:17 PM
link   

That's not true at all. Texans still like him. Just ask Beto.

Yes, he went on vacation to avoid the cold, but he couldn't predict the disaster that would befall Texas and the green energy. The windmills froze; it wasn't his fault. If anything the anger is focused on the ERCOT group that runs the grid, and he came back quickly. Not really a big deal to most Texans.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Cruz is a prick. I don’t like him plus he sounds like a yankee. On this issue he is right though.
Your attacks on conservatives are pretty weak.
Do you go by it or they, or do you think that sounds dumb like most of us?

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani
Joke's on you, buddy.

Actually, as usual, it's on you - see below...

In America, people have the right to call themselves whatever they want to, or wear any clothes they want to.

Why yes... yes, they do, but that is completely and totally irrelevant to your own OP...

This is about people being forced by law to call someone else (not themselves (if you don't understand the difference, no one can help you, you're too far gone) by their preferred made-up pronouns, not their name.

And to this day, no one has been forced to wear colored armbands for identification.

Again, so far off-topic from your own OP it is just beyond ridiculous.

Which is why this is so funny,

Now to my point as to why this particular joke is all on you...

Ted is actually a diminutive form of Theodore or... wait for it... Edward.

Not nearly as funny as your ridiculous exhibitions of TDS (yes, pun intended)...

Rotflmao!!!
edit on 2-12-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-12-2023 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

join