It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rip off cyber truck pricing announced -RIPOFF

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Tesla have announced pricing for the cyber truck, substantially more than what musky announced a couple of years ago.

Really seems to be a bit of a ripoff and a wank.

I cannot understand why anyone would pay these prices, especially in Australia where the tyranny of distance and especially long distance travel, this thing is really useless as a campinglong distance travel.

Also there are so many issues on replacement parts for model 3 an y where people are waiting 6 to 22 months for a door handle repkacement, one person is waiting over a year to replace an airbag sensor on the seat.

Honestly go for an established, hybrid of fuel powered vehicle.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:01 AM
link   
For me and millions like me, the "debate" is over. When will stupid people realise that EVs will never ever take off. For a start there is not any chance that there are enough rare minerals to make the billions of batteries needed. Then, more importantly the power capacity AND the power delivery system is unviable now and the pie in the sky ideas that the environmentalists (probably emphasis on the mentalist part) and the politicians try to float for the future does not add up.

These futuristic models are exactly the same as the concept cars that the industry are always trying to float. Maybe look good but no body in their right minds would buy one. And the reason they are expensive is demand. IE. Only a very small minority of people can afford one so therefore vastly more profit from single items. Plus they don't want us normal peons on the road.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Agreed with everything you have said.

Let alone the environmental damage digging up resources for electric cars.

A petrol powered car is a better option, the electricity grid will not be able to handle the load demand.

The kids dying in lithium mines, Tesla cars killing people on autopilot.

At least an internal combustion engine can be rebuilt, and be usable for a few hundred thousand kilometres.

Cost to rebuild a motor 5 to 7 thousand, a Tesla battery 25 thousand.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Sounds like Tesla is having some issues trying to reinvent suspension by getting rid of the engine drive shaft and having direct electric motor control of each wheel. Some of the terrain around here will give it a good rattling for the engineers to check out.

There is a lot that goes into building a good car, it does not happen overnight. If something better than lithium batteries comes along, having a nice, tight and strong machine to take it helps.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

The air suspension on Tesla’s is an issue, model s air compressors have been failing after a year or 2.

I imagine to keep costs low there would be many shared components on all there cars.

So the same issues will occur in the truck.

I would prefer to but an Ineos grenadier. At least it uses traditional suspension and drivetrain. Unlike the land rover pretender.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Perhaps a ute version would be better for Australia. At least you can put a generator in the back and not get gassed by it as the battery goes flat. Gonna need a real long extension cord in some parts otherwise.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Lol, there’s a video on YouTube where a person modified a Tesla 3 and put in a genie in the boot.

Divided to not suffer carbon dioxide poisoning. A good effort.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

Cool, so there is a fix for it.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I would not drive an EV if someone gave it to me for free.
So, party on rich people. Spend that stupid money!

I'll wave as I drive by you.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   
They are expensive because they are a status symbol for a limited market. Much like the Delorean.

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Lets hope they go the same way as the Delorean.
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

posted on Dec, 1 2023 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

They'll be a novelty and rare sighting.

I still get a kick when I see a DeLorean.

I kinda like their design but I have no idea how they handle or how reliable the engine is so it's just a design thing.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
I would not drive an EV if someone gave it to me for free.
So, party on rich people. Spend that stupid money!

I'll wave as I drive by you.

Ah, but in that lies the rub. Only rich people driving them. So when there is ONLY rich people driving their EVs on the road and they've outlawed fossil fuelled car, you wont even be on the road, so you'll just have to be satisfied with waving at them as they drive by you walking.

posted on Dec, 2 2023 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I cannot believe that thing made production ugly does not begin to describe it , Maybe he asked a young Steve wonder to draw him a vehicle

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Anything is possible, though with proprietary software it’s hard to defeat, though I can see people hacking the cars to get long range, and performance upgrades for free but at Tesla prices.

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Agreed give me a ford bronco mid 80’s

posted on Dec, 4 2023 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I cannot believe that thing made production ugly does not begin to describe it

The model T was not an aesthetic machine. Took a while for Ford to come up with the Mustang. Getting a strong and reliable machine is more of a priority than looking good. In some ways it like Elon knows the current versions of Tesla still need a lot of engineering refinement and matches this with the body design.

If Tesla is still around in 20 years, I expect the cars will be looking a lot better and going harder.

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 02:35 AM
link   

To me it looks like a rejected design from a low budget Sci fi movie it is gross

One of them from a movie Judge dredd is parked near me and he will not sell it , it is decades old and based on a MK2 landrover , I would love that but would not get caught dead in one of musks new toys and good luck getting spares as many are reporting massive delays getting little things like a door handle , as much as a year delay

posted on Dec, 5 2023 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Well.....
Here's the other rub. The one they don't want to talk about.
Have they even started working on home heat?
What are two of the more popular home heats?
Fuel oil and propane. (at least around here)
Diesel and propane

Both run vehicles. (we have a delivery truck that runs on propane)
So it is going to be a long, long while before they go away.
I'm guessing they will outlive EV's.
edit on 5-12-2023 by chiefsmom because: spelling

posted on Dec, 6 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

People who got the LPG gas conversion for vehicles in the UK are finding it is more expensive to run them on gas than it is petrol or diesel.

You can use the heating oil to run a diesel engine but you need to add lubricants to it or it will wreck pumps etc and cost you a fortune to replace .

I can see the government clamping down on anyone who thinks they can get away with keeping a vehicle by putting the tax up to stupid levels , but those idiots in government never seem to think things through , fishing boats and garden machinery are just 2 areas I can think of

new topics

top topics

join