It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Higgins: New poll shows Palestinians are the impediment to peace — not Israel's war

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:03 PM
link   

A Nov. 14 survey by a West Bank polling firm asked Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank what kind of state they wanted to establish: one state for two peoples garnered the support of 5.4 per cent of respondents; a two-state solution was supported by 17.2 per cent; but the clear-winner, with 74.7 per cent in favour, was a “Palestinian state from the river to the sea.”

A reminder for those who haven’t been on a pro-Palestinian march recently: this phrase means a Palestinian state from the Jordan River to the Mediterranean — with no Israel in between.

When protesters chant, “From the river to the sea, Palestine will be free,” it is not, as some suggest, an aspirational cry echoing the hopes of Palestinians for freedom from Israeli occupation, it is — according to this poll — the clear expression of the genocidal intent of most Palestinians (three out of four people), who want to obliterate Israel from the map.

www.msn.com...

If there's any confusion, I stand with Israel and the existence of the Jewish people and sovereign state of Israel.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Nothing like a good ol fashioned genocidal chant to get the blood pumping, eh?

One day I hope our Nation's "Sea to shining Sea" line starts to mean that we're bloodlusting and preparing to obliterate people. I think that would be sexy.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:13 PM
link   
No surprise.

Hamas and the Palestinians call for genocide of the Jews and the destruction of Israel. But the useful idiots for Hamas just keep on spewing the anti-Israel propaganda as has been spoon fed to them by Hamas and the left. There can be no peace with the Palestinians calling for genocide of the Jews and destruction of Israel, and Hamas acting upon that call. Israel has a right to defend itself from that.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Did they ask people in Israel the same questions?

Of course emotions are riding high.

That's one of the risks of war.

Wanting something isn't the same as willing to kill for it or the lack of ability to accept a compromise.

Heck, most fundamental Christians believe God wants Israel to have the land.
This doesn't mean they are planning on killing for it.

If there's any confusion, I stand with not killing people.

edit on 27-11-2023 by Daughter2v2 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2v2

You are defending people who want to kill all the Jews.

I think that it is disgusting.

But you have a script and a trope you have to follow.

I am actually feeling sorry for you lot.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Israel and the existence of the Jewish people and sovereign state of Israel.

Sure, but how about equality, freedom and democracy for everyone in Israel?

Of course, Palestinians are not the only ones advocating a “river-to-sea” discourse. It has more or less been the official policy of the Israeli state since 1967, when it occupied the West Bank, Gaza and the Golan Heights. Since then, every Israeli government has pushed for the expansion of illegal Israeli settlements in the occupied territories, rendering the two-state solution an impossibility well before the Oslo peace process began.

Within the Israeli political space, from the far-right to the liberal left, the idea of sharing the land with the Palestinians as equals was never on the table.

The problem Israel has faced – like other settler-colonial powers – has been that Indigenous populations rarely if ever go gentle into that good night. Revisionist Zionism founder Ze’ev Jabotinsky would not have disagreed with Tlaib’s argument in the immediate aftermath of the Hamas attack, that the “suffocating, dehumanising conditions” of permanent occupation inevitably “lead to resistance”.

Exactly a century ago, in his 1923 manifesto, The Iron Wall, he advocated overwhelming Jewish power to turn Palestine from the river to the sea into a Jewish ethnostate precisely because of the inevitability of Palestinian resistance.

‘From the river to the sea’ and the decolonisation of our collective future

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Prior to the bombings, people were a little more peaceful:

Poll: Most Israelis, Palestinians support 2-state solution

Hebrew University study shows many on both sides eager to achieve peace, but wary of opposing party’s true aim
By ADIV STERMAN
31 December 2013, 7:23 pm 5

A majority of both Israelis and Palestinians support a peace agreement based on the two-state solution formula, a Hebrew University poll found, though many respondents reported that they were skeptical as to the sustainability of such an agreement in the long term.

The study, conducted jointly by the Harry S. Truman Research Institute for the Advancement of Peace at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the Palestinian Center for Policy and Survey Research in Ramallah, found that 63 percent of Israelis and 53% of Palestinians support the establishment of a Palestinian state alongside Israel, the university said in a statement Tuesday.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

You've picked a side.

Kay.

*shrugs*

I'm just shining a light on what side you stand on.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

The civilians of Gaza need to take responsibility for Hamas’ actions. Not assist them.

This is no different to any war, no matter what the apologists say.

The terrible truth is that all wars have civilian casualties and from what I am seeing the Palestinians aren’t the most innocent when it comes to civilians in wars.

This guy was one of the hostages taken on the 7th and recently released in exchange for a bunch of Palestinian terrorists and criminals.

IDF. He managed to escape from there. He tried to reach the border, but because he didn't have the means to understand where he was and where to escape - he got into trouble in the field. He was there alone for 4 days, hiding and at the end the Gazans caught him and returned him to the hands of the terrorists.

t.me...

The Palestinians blow every chance that they get to show that they aren’t on the side of Hamas.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I've picked a post to add perspective.
Do you have problems with the question?

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile

I've picked a post to add perspective.
Do you have problems with the question?

Would have been an interesting question prior to Oct 7th, but is moot now.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2v2

Wouldn’t that be prior to October 7th?

Damn! You guys!

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:25 PM
link   
If the Palestine radical groups weren't such a threat to Israel, I think Israel would just let that area alone. But a lot of Palestine's hate Israel because of religious differences, so that will never happen for generations. Israel has no choice but to do what they are doing, those radical groups along with some muslim country supporters will try to destroy Israel if they are given the chance.

This tension between the people in that area has been going on for many centuries, Their ability to get along is not going to be easy, the hate from the Palestine's against Israel, and the distrust of the palestine's by Israel is very strong.

I have very little hope of peace between the Jewish people and the Muslims. I wish they could get along better, but I know their hate or distrust is very strong.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:32 PM
link   

The whole project is moot as well then, essentially doomed to fail without Freedom of Speech and stuff. Right? RIGHT?

Oh wait! This is the other DBC, the post 7th version. Nevermind.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:36 PM
link   

That backs up an earlier ATS thread about a polling that exposes the Palestinian bloodlust to destroy Israel and kill all the Jews -

Shocking New Polling Out of Gaza and the West Bank Blows Up the Mainstream Narrative

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

The whole project is moot as well then, essentially doomed to fail without Freedom of Speech and stuff. Right? RIGHT?

Oh wait! This is the other DBC, the post 7th version. Nevermind.

Word salad.

I like croutons and bleu cheese crumbles on mine.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   

At what cost, DB?

I understand supporting Israel and the Jewish people, I do too. But I do not support that agenda at the cost of thousands of innocent civilian lives.

Do you? Is it worth genocide for Jewish people in Israel to feel "safe"?

Do you support co-existence, or just the existence of one side?

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:43 PM
link   
More polling AGAIN shows what everybody knows to be true.
There can never be peace there with these ‘Palestinians’. The rot and hate are too deep.
The ‘innocent Palestinians’ can’t help themselves.
They will support their terrorists to the end of themselves and their children.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogani

At what cost, DB?

I understand supporting Israel and the Jewish people, I do too. But I do not support that agenda at the cost of thousands of innocent civilian lives.

Do you? Is it worth genocide for Jewish people in Israel to feel "safe"?

Do you support co-existence, or just the existence of one side?

Who are they going to "genocide"?

Terrorists?

Why wouldn't EVERYONE be for that?

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

‘From the river to the sea’ and the decolonisation of our collective future

ah yes ... Al Jazeera ... Qatar owned, operated, financed by, controlled by. Hamas propaganda outlet. Well done. Ask LGBTQ living in Israel and living in Palestine ... who has more equality, freedom and democracy. If you can find one still alive in Palestine that is. They are gleefully murdered by mobs throwing them off rooftops legally. Then get back to us.

edit on 11/27/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join