It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Francis’ goal is to destroy the Catholic Church

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

"Pope Francis" isn't just trying to destroy the Catholic church (and the West, and the free market system, and borders that countries have)

We don't need the Catholic church.

Jesus said "The Kingdom of God is within you and all around you".

That's my church.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I lost faith in all religions when the Catholic hierarchy defended pedophile clergy and left the victims hanging out to dry; And it wasn't just Catholics.

I don't trust any of the "holier than thou" denominations and that includes Christians, Jews and Mormons.

imo...they aren't religions; they are control mechanisms like governments and cults. Salvation is just the "bait"

Mercedes driving Pastors....asking the bus riding faithful to tithe. We get it.....
edit on 6-4-2024 by lilzazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Franky's election was curious to say the least. The whole scam was set up beforehand; what is not clear is why. I can't believe ALL of the cardinals are on board with the Pope at this moment, but those who are opposed are clearly compelled to be silent and ineffective.

The lower layers of clergy are milling about in the absence of traditional guidance. Some are trying to keep tradition alive and others see the situation as an opportunity for achieving personal goals that have nothing to do with the Faith.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: lilzazz
I lost faith in all religions when the Catholic hierarchy defended pedophile priest and left the victims hanging out to dry; And it wasn't just Catholics.

I don't trust any of the "holier than thou" denominations and that includes Christians, Jews and Mormons.

imo...they aren't religions; they are control mechanisms like governments and cults. Salvation is just the "bait"

Mercedes driving Pastors....asking the bus riding faithful to tithe. We get it.....

Salvation is solely between you and the Lord Jesus Christ. Nobody else, no church, no pope, and no religion can grant "salvation".
In the end, bad churches and popes will not be an excuse. It isn't a valid excuse even now.
(But people sure do think they can use it as one.)

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

I lost faith in all religions when the Catholic hierarchy defended pedophile priest and left the victims hanging out to dry; And it wasn't just Catholics.

Salvation is solely between you and the Lord Jesus Christ. Nobody else, no church, no pope, and no religion can grant "salvation".
In the end, bad churches and popes will not be an excuse. It isn't a valid excuse even now.

If you will notice, I said I lost faith in Religion, not my Higher Power. I don't need no stinkin excuse or condemnation from a non denominational Christian.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

If you will notice, I said I lost faith in Religion, not my Higher Power. I don't need no stinkin excuse.

Yes I know. My reply wasn't targeting you directly, or at all, was just my take on it in general. I should have specified that earlier.

People always point out how corrupt religions have become, or were in the past, but always neglect to say what is still important to say.
edit on 6-4-2024 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Tithing is a Biblical policy, not a pastor's.
I've been attending churches for 40 years and I've never had a pastor driving a Mercedes.

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Misterdata
a reply to: DBCowboy

Faith in what? it's all bull**it anyways!

I think the Christian faith is one of the biggest tools used against mankind ever created. It's been proven time and time again that it's all made up bs,

no it hasn't.

And yet the Bible's continue to get beaten by a lot of closed minded ignorant individuals.

also not true. fwiw I've encountered a fair amount of close-minded ignorami outside the church.

Christians love to spew how Islam is such a volatile and controlling religion and yet it's not even half as bad as Christianity was in the Middle ages. Christianity is the most false of all religions because it changes it's colors to fit the times and never really stays true to anything so therefore it's a manipulation, it doesn't take a genius to figure that out.

the medieval church was plagued by ignorance, mostly due to lack of Bibles. just because the medieval Catholic church was in error doesn't mean all Christians are in error. remember, even in the middle ages, not all Christians were Catholic.

Christians think that they have all the answers and know everything but have never ever read or learned anything outside of their own doctrine. Or at least never considered a legitimacy of or take serious any other religious institutions.

absurd statement. I've never met a Christian that claimed to 'have all the answers'. and why should we bother ourselves to study false doctrines?

Not me, I'm not going to be indoctrinated by no religious dogma anymore of my life. All Christianity is is a big giant cult whether you want to admit it or not.
I was raised Catholic / Christian and when I came to the age of reason, about 8 years old for me, I realized "this is all bull**it" and never looked back..one of the best decisions of my life!

if you walked away at age 8 you can't possibly understand Christianity. I encourage you to find a church and re-discover the faith.
edit on 10.20.23 by Coelacanth55 because: clarify

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowedSalvation is solely between you and the Lord Jesus Christ. Nobody else, no church, no pope, and no religion can grant "salvation".

Back when it was all still new, people were probably being victimized because of their spiritual ill-health.

The Lord said to the Samaritan woman: "We worship what we know, you worship what you do not know, for salvation is of the Jews."

However, devotion to the Jewish Laws and culture, or bible reading for that matter, might be something that takes time and commitment. Who would spend the time and faith if they didn't see a reason?

A dedicated priest could make salvation present for a person in spiritual dire straits without the person needing to commit to developing a devotion.

Mary Magdalene's name is said to derive from the city of Magdala which was a fishing center. However, she may not have been a wealthy fish merchant. As far as I could find, only a similarity of the sound of their names connects Mary Magdalene with Magdala. She may have come from far away.

Modern Lithuanian speech is the closest living relative of Proto-Indo-European, which is the basis for all European languages except Basque, Finnish, and Welsh. So at one time, there could have been words similar to Lithuanian in any number of European or West Asian languages which had not yet evolved to their present state or perhaps which went extinct. "Magija Dalina" means "He or she distributes magic." It might have been truncated to "Mag-Dalina."

Anyway, what if she did get wealthy and possessed by seven demons by being a fish merchant? What if she was allowed to hold a position of wealth and power despite not caring about the Jewish law? (recall the Lord said "Salvation is of the Jews.")

It could still be that someone else who was being victimized through their lack of spiritual health could conceivably not be able to slowly start learning and observing all the laws and scriptures before the mob stopped them.
edit on 6-4-2024 by Solvedit because: clarity

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Coelacanth55

Tithing is a Biblical policy, not a pastor's.
I've been attending churches for 40 years and I've never had a pastor driving a Mercedes.

Here ya go......apparently "salvation" costs a lot more than it used to, with this inflation.
What do you think this Preacher drives?

posted on Apr, 6 2024 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: lilzazz

Lulz

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join