It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Poésie of Yoga

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   
There is just something majestic about it you know?
When you transition from your half-plank stretch into your wild thing and your arm just gives up and you crash down into the floor, backwards of course because that's what makes it fun.
The grunting and moaning echoing through the room when you try in your downward facing dog to push your heels into the ground and it feels like for sure any second your ligaments are going to snap.
The beauty of a one leged chair fighting for balance desperately looking for something to hold on to, but no matter what you do don't try to grab the floor with your toes... even though you really really want to.
When your teacher casually performs a head stand and you just sit there: how and wtf!?

It's just poésie in motion. And who doesn't want to feel like a rubber doll that for sure will never be able to walk or lift an arm again? That's what sports is for. Right?

The messed up part is: it really lifts the mood, it helps you focus and makes you actually also mentally stronger.
Because you learn that you can improve fairly quickly and that you can endure pain. That's what my Yoga person says.
Subjective impression: it is true.
It totally works.

Try it

Side effects: you crave green tea and really want to eat healthier, maybe even vegan.

Namaste

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

Yoga is much more than physical postures, I practice Raja Yoga, even so the physical exercises should be practiced gently, not forcing anything. It’s not about enduring pain, it’s a shame so many practitioners are going about it the wrong way.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Forgetting to breathe in poses is the biggest hurdle but then controlling the breathing having become aware of the breathing the next.

Sitting there until it's like your tailbone is scraping around on the earth's core then becoming the core is kinda like everything else then spinning and like a flat tire is right up against your butt like on the hub spinning like crazy and the tailbone is a blazing fire is a weird experience.

Something dumb but fun is sitting full lotus and then flying all around with the third eye in all pervasive space... Sitting on people's heads, sitting on the moon... sitting basically anywhere and everywhere; on lava flows on the bottom of the ocean. Grey until you get used to it then full color no different than normal seeing when it opens.

Other people not adept get addicted to that aura or energy but hey you can't help that; that they don't practice or mistake it for something it's not...

Don't forget your B's as a complex if you go vegan... When I was a vegetarian where I lived had no support for it in those days; It's like peoples heads would turn upside down on their shoulders like wth is a vegetarian... then when said it's people that don't eat meat... What planet are they from? that's just crazy! Due to the lack of B's I nearly dropped dead after a few weeks of trying that... Hey look I'm a roach eating cardboard boxes.

So I went back to being vegetarian used to it for over a decade then not being rude invited to a Thanksgiving ate meat; I got so sick having trained my body to reject meat I saw it as being weaker not stronger and abandoned it; The girlfriend I had at the time was laughing since she was a vegetarian too and said "that's what you get since I already told them you were a vegitarian and didn't have to eat it that it would not be rude and kept on laughing... then I said but didn't you say your mom sneaks bullion in the stuffing trying to force you to eat it... Then she kicked me lol remembering she ate the stuffing.

Sometimes I get the urge to go back to it but then those sort of invites come to mind so I don't.

Qigong is static of what you say pulling the elemental energy up through your feet into the lower dan tien. Tai Chi is sort of the same thing but like Feng Shui in moving and pushing that energy around. It might not seem all that strange but it's kinda like paint the fence Daniel Seon when you realize all that posing, energy and breath work is the foundation of martial arts.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: AllisVibration

lol
what clueless crap is that?
No pain no gain
Truth™

What's wrong is the feel good crowd who are afraid of pushing beyond their comfort zones.
That's also
Truth™
more in general than just sports.

I mean Uranus has obviously such a firm grip on your head you didn't even get the humor, right?

edit on 24-11-2023 by FurPerson because: püh

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Physical yoga is about reducing pain not inducing it, you don’t push yourself beyond what is discomfort, you might actually injure yourself. You have to have the discipline and patience to get there gradually “No pain no gain” doesn’t apply.

I didn’t get your humour no, it didn’t read like you were joking. We’re you formally known as Peeple on here by any chance?

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   

I didn’t get your humour no

Well then I am afraid we have nothing to discuss.

You won't go anywhere no matter how patient and gradual you try if you always avoid discomfort.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

You should not avoid discomfort, but avoid strong discomfort. When actual pain is involved, one is doing something wrongly and can cause more harm than good. I have found my sweet spot personally, which helps me improve, but avoid injuries. I used to have problems with constant injuries. If I push myself above the sweet spot, within couple of weeks an injury will come and keep me out for a week to a month.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

The middle path is always best in these scenarios, one might reasonably conclude. Practicing mindfulness is key, since all journeys are different

That said, be careful and make sure you're consulting with a professional, too!
edit on ❥11/23 by Abhorsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Cabin

zero injuries. the last time I hurt myself was like winter 21 or so, while walking. (no kidding)

edit on 24-11-2023 by FurPerson because: don't really remember could be 20 too, time flies

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I began "hot" yoga in April 2023 to allieviate my sciatic nerve pain in both butt cheeks as I want to qualify for the 50 and 100 meter dash in the Senior Games. I had issues for last three years. To date in 2023 no sciatic nerve pain since April when I started Yoga at the recommendation of Sports and Fitness Trainer Jamie Scott.

I dont know the phrases, etc as I just do it 1 1/2 weeks to stay limber. I hate the spread eagle stretch along a wall in the butt cheek and feet / hands in the straps and told the instructor that she excels in midevil torture to the extreme. It does work however. I told her NO pictures for extortion.

I often wonder if shes into masks and that ball thingy so I bust her chops about it!
edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

this guy gets it

lol

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

As an old wise goat once said "what happens in the pig pen stays in the pig pen".

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 10:46 AM
link   

lol

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

That blew over my head but heres my favororite pose as Yoga is grueling hard work. They dont let me do this that often as they are bustin me arse. The 60 minutes flies by quick, I am exausted yet the rip I get blows free weights and machines away.

Shavasana – Corpse Pose

This is considered amongst many traditions to be the most important posture; yet how many of us do it right? In Shavasana, the body is completely still and the mind is relaxed, the latter being a challenge for those of us who are eager to move to something more physically difficult.

I cant pose pictures here. All I can say is that I at times get a joggers high from the Yoga as the trainers are geared towards sports and athletics. NO candles, running water music or insense. Or horoom. Just tunes like this:

Enter Sandman Moscow 1991

Yes, you are correct as it totally works.

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: add

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

The corpse aye?
I don't know I love the flow when you go between child to plank down in a cobra and up and back through the plank to child.

also the tiger pose and how it burns when you kick up in it.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: FurPerson

I didn’t get your humour no

Well then I am afraid we have nothing to discuss.

You won't go anywhere no matter how patient and gradual you try if you always avoid discomfort.

I didn’t say anything about avoiding discomfort, I said you’re not supposed to go beyond it as you can do more harm than good. You do you though, I hope you don’t strain something or put your back out.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

I didn’t say anything about avoiding discomfort

you did. you absolutely did

you don’t push yourself beyond what is discomfort, you might actually injure yourself.

stop your condescending crap and bs someone else

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The corpse pose is considered to be the most important posture for good reason, ideally you should do it before and after your practice. A few minutes in you will pick up on any tension and stress and alleviate it by relaxing those areas. Stress is a top cause of I’ll health.
A more advanced version is to breathe in and while doing so, imagine breathing in energy in the form of prana/chi, and on the outward breath said it to the tips of your toes, imagine it permeating every bone, sinew, and muscle, filling with energy. You then do the same with with rest of your feet and ankles, gradually moving up through your entire body and finishing with your head.

You will feel deeply invigorated and energised after doing this properly and it does wonders for your health.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

All I know is that I am as tight as the Tin Man.

Yoga really loosens me up. So I do that along with three [60] minute sessions of basketball a week running full speed. I ahve entire county gym to myself for $180 / year.

Good deal. My BMI ~ 13

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Yes, instructors are huge on breathing. I also use the right angle pose for sleep with legs up straight against a bed or wall for several minutes. Butt and back are flat on the floor.

It WORKS

top topics

<<   2 >>

join