It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When reality sets in

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
i'm reduced to relying on my friend 'Taurus' to watch my back as i navigate the coming unknown path that lays ahead

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This is the kind of fear that Big Prep likes to sell you.

Trying to inflate the price of tin free steel to silver levels by pushing the importance of stocking up on canned goods.

That Charmin bear is wiping himself with hundred dollar bills as they get us to fight over toilet paper.

In all seriousness there's virtually no point in prepping for when SHTF, unless you're hyper rich.

You're going to need underground bunkers with blast door level prepping to survive.

Think you're safe in your relatively remote plot of land? Expect hundreds if not thousands of roamers to pass through your spot. The masses aren't going to stay in place during such an event.

No matter how many guns you got in your walled up fortress, one molotov cocktail can force you out of your safety and out into the open.

The real answer to survival is community.

You're going to have to build a solid community in order to accomplish basic needs. This will most likely be realized in the form of gangs.

The best bang for your buck at having a shot at survival would be prepping your community to work together.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
Or being overconfident...

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

Yeppers, that's 100% the truth. Unless you are a crack shot that does not require sleep you will need others who fill in the gaps.

To survive you would have to become cutthroat and that is within your community. There will be no jail, so if you do anything to harm the outlook of everyone else, theft, hoarding, etc you would have to be dealt with immediately. Anyone who does not carry their weight would be out. Can you just let them leave? What if they lead someone dangerous back to your camp?
Someone falling asleep during night watch could get everyone killed. How would you deal with that person?
The tough decisions have just started.
Who gets to eat more because they are utilizing more calorie intake providing for the group? How will others deal with that? Peoples personal entitlement would become an issue.

Who is keeping an eye on everyone in the group to make sure they can handle the stress of everyday life? What if your biggest threat is your best friend, who can no longer mentally handle this new life, and is threating you?

Every daily decisions could be your communities' last with just one unforeseen circumstance.

edit on 24-11-2023 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: FurPerson
But I am sneaky I can turn basically invisible and noiseless.

Much more useful skill than fighting, be like water and just slip through the fingers...

If you think that, you are already a victim because you're overconfident and already making the same mistake I did when I got face punched. If you just miss one second you're done and you then will see how thick water really can be. Or how fast other's can run, too.

So don't count on your sneakyness, knowing how to fight basically also teaches you foot control, fluid muscle movements, sneaky comes all by itself.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

First two seasons of The Walking Dead came in handy for such insights and group dynamics, the only reason I found it interesting.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Me too but you should pull up segments of when the Walking Dead introduced Negan. He was so cutthroat that when he said "Jump" his followers were already in the air.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

Negan was savage, I saw the end of that one season with the bat scene on Meggy's boyfriend, at a friends house.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Well I dont see why anyone believes it would all just degenerate like that. Even in a world where a handful of nukes were exchanged, other than price increases and tens of millions of less people a majority of people will be able to live on the same as they do now with a few supply chain modifications over the years.

two world wars were fought, and the grocery stores were still open and the theaters were playing movies and the bars and clubs were still popping and the hospitals were still treating the sick and injured.

Are you still envisioning a scenario where every nuclear power just unleashes every single nuke they have in their arsenal?? It is a fantasy scenarios not grounded in reality. The cabal media just likes to throw it out there for a bit of corporate terror and to fear people into falling in line.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

In all age groups, 37 million people have diabetes and 8.4 million of those rely on insulin.

The resulting starvation diet imposed on these people will cure them of their diabetes.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:36 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 11:54 AM
link   

(post by FurPerson removed for a manners violation)
(post by ThatDamnDuckAgain removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Not grounded in reality ?

The aftermath of Hurricane Katrina was characterized by extensive reporting of looting, violence, murder and rape. ·

New York blackout

This built up of social and economic frustration was evident on the darkened night of July 13, 1977. Looters rushed to the murky streets smashing shop windows and stealing furniture, clothes and electronics wherever they could. Close to 4000 arrests were made, however many more escaped without any repercussions

Humans may walk upright and wear clothes, but given the opportunity they are as vicious as any wild animal and will turn on you just as quickly.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I suspect after the initial chaos, a feudal system will set in whereby powerful local bosses control (and fight each other over) local resources like land and people. Won't be pretty or fun.

Cheers

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join