It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Navy plane overshot Hawaii runway into bay

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Link

JUST IN - Large U.S. military plane, potentially a Boeing P-8 Poseidon, overshot a runway and splashed into a bay in Hawaii.

Did it identify as a boat?

Someone’s career is sunk.

The puns are endless.

Don’t think anyone badly hurt per other news sources.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Done on purpose to pollute the island more.

2nd line

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 09:29 PM
link   
The approach and runway at K-Bay are not the greatest. Add in 10 mph winds with gusts to 21, low visibility, and rain and you have all the ingredients for an accident like this.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

HONOLULU (AP) — A U.S. Navy plane overshot a runway and went into a bay in Hawaii, and when emergency workers got to the scene, military officials told them that all nine people aboard made it safely to shore with no injuries, spokesperson Shayne Enright of the Honolulu Emergency Medical Services Department said Monday.
apnews.com...
That's ALWAYS good news, and I'm glad that no one was hurt. Plane crashes are not that forgiving as we know.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Lucky the plane never caught fire or those Hawaii Police would have stopped anyone from leaving the aircraft.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The plane crash is not necessarily the worst part.

My dad had a story of seeing a C47 a hundred yards off the beach at the end of the runway in the South Pacific. Not sure what island. None of the nurses or flight crew made it even though it was about 4 feet deep at most and soft landed. They could have made it if they waited for the boats but someone opened the door and let the sharks in.

edit on 20-11-2023 by BeyondKnowledge3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The aircraft was BuNo 169561, MSN 66094, LN 8026, operated by VP-4 out of Whidbey Island in Washington. They were based in Hawaii at both Barbers Point, and Kaneohe Bay after Barbers closed down in the 90s. It was delivered in May of 2020. It will be written off after it's recovered from the bay.

They were landing on runway 22, which is towards the island and mountains, and is 7,771 feet long.
edit on -21600pmp1120232058 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2023 @ 08:47 PM
link   

edit on -21600pmp0920232158 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I am sure the crew was selected as top of their class and not for skin tone, sexual organs or confusion over sex organs, the Navy would never give out jobs based on diversity & equity over performance.

X

DIVERSITY: Shortly after a Navy P-8A overshot the runway and landed in Kaneohe Bay (everyone survived) I pointed out that the crew was diverse. For that I got a scathing community note saying it wasn’t true. The Navy is very proud of the fact that it’s P-8 fleet features the most diverse crews in military aviation. 1st Lt. Hailey Harms, a Marine spokesperson confirmed the crew was both diverse and alive. Because the MSM isn’t reporting the identity of the crew the community notes community decided my comment was wrong. Annoying and false. Before you apply a community note make sure you know what you’re talking about - your inability to confirm a statement isn’t proof it isn’t accurate. Note: This crew photo is just the one the Navy distributed to show how diverse its P-8 crews are. They did not share one of the P-8 crew that went for a swim.

Nothing but the best

edit on 11 22 2023 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Yeah, it certainly wasn’t the fog, short wet runway, or gusty tail wind on landing. It had to be the DEI crew. Accidents like this never happened before DEI started happening.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

I would hate to be the pilot on this one. For the pilot and crew, I hope there was some sort of mechanical failure(ie brakes) that caused this mishap.

I always feel terrible when someone devoted to military service risks losing their wings(or status as an active pilot) over an accident that may have been beyond their control.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

K-Bay isn't the best approach to begin with. They were pretty much at minimums that day, it was raining, they had a tail wind on landing, and the runway isn't grooved.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Video from underwater of the aircraft. Specialized equipment was due to start arriving today. They're looking at either a crane that can lift it out of the water, or a roller system that would allow them to pull it back to the end of the runway, and roll it back on to land.

new topics

top topics

join