It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening The Gates - Magic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I am sorry but I belive
"breaking down the Mind by trauma"
only leads to madness.

You do know how Crowley's life ended?
madness! like a Hellraiser film.

To Open! the door.
your learn a new way to see!
you use what you know to help you do this.

You use a circle to shield you from Bad things.
You See it like a force field. a ball.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Scratchpost

well if anyone would ever have achieved what I am going for you might have a point. But as matter of fact that hasn't happened yet, there only have been people paving the way but no one actually made it through.

Is it a strong possibility that I am overestimating my own strength? Sure.
But as no one else even knows what I am talking about who else but me could even try?
And it is worth it a million times...

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

yeah no, different type of magic than what I am talking about. On my mind was no weird LARPing with silly paraphernalia and chanting when I wrote that.

OK, I see that now. Still, the connection you make between suffering and what shall we call it then (enlightenment?) is interesting

If we're not talking about magic, what are we talking about? Crowley muddies the waters for me

What I mean with magic is harder to describe and not so much about any intention in achieving any 'result' in the material world. It is ... more kind of what Psychonautics do using drugs with a different 'method'.

:-)

It's all hard to describe. We're talking about intangible, not at all provable stuff. Ideas and wishing

Off topic or not, I'm not sure - I have a question. I do not get the whole Crowley thing. Why would anyone take him more seriously than Jesus? I'm not religious - we can use any deity you want. And it's a serious question
edit on 11/18/2023 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

What makes you think I take C. more serious than JC?

It is pretty much going down the same road. Alas C. would have been more likely one of the Romans torturing JC and not the 'Oracle'.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:46 PM
link   

What makes you think I take C. more serious than JC?

From your opening post:

I don't know how familiar you are with Crowley's and Parsons' work? Basically what the fellows did on the first level was to try and overcome boundries.

It literally has nothing to do with Jesus beyond establishing which is more credible

Since you opened with this, I just assumed you saw him as a serious person. My mistake?

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

well yes.
I am not exactly a fan of his work, same direction kind of but very different intentions and ... if anything he is probably more of a very interesting case study what not to do. But he has that in common with JC from my point of view.

working through the 'scratch pile' one by one

lol

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Oh, FurPerson - whatever are you cooking up?

:-)

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

it is not about Crowley opening himself through the pleasure he got out of it for himself. It is about 'opening' the people he abused.

It comes across as introducing some kind of mental/spiritual infection for those that survive the bad stuff, similar to getting an infected wound when cutting open some skin, but on a much deeper level.

From some reports of these kind of rituals that do go all the way, it can attract some kind of entity from the realms between life and death. With the kind of lengths one must go too to make contact, it has bad news all over it. If you want to open an portal capable of destroying many things it looks like a start. It does help explain how people like Biden get into power and events like 9/11 go the way it did.

If you are interested in 'opening gates' C. & P. are exactly where 'it' is happening.

Skinwalker Ranch is a strange one. Lot of weird stories and ongoing anomalies. If JPL does have the tech to take ET home, maybe what is going on at Skinwalker is a part of the puzzle, maybe it ain't as the place is still suffering the fallout from failed experiments?

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

The sacrifice I see Jesus gave was his life for the community

A rehased story .. many times over.. The God of the Torah.

All about control.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   

I like your insights.

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   
We are born with a finite amount of attention, and your magical potential is determined by how much of that total attention you can bring to bear.

Usually, it takes a lot of practice be able to bring the lion's share of your attention to bear on your magical focal points. But... traumatic situations are kind of a cheat, a hack, an easy shortcut. A traumatic situation forces forces you into heroic states of focus usually only achievable by monks and mystics.

It's not the trauma that's important, it's how that trauma focuses your attention. The trauma isn't really necessary, it's just lazy.

A good example of trauma induced magic are the so called "Sliders". The Street Light Interference people. The lights go out because the people are so intently focused on screaming or ranting inside their own heads. (try it, you really gotta get yourself worked up though, and it's really not healthy)

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 05:32 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 06:05 AM
link   

But as matter of fact that hasn't happened yet, there only have been people paving the way but no one actually made it through.

How do you conclude that?

This to me sounds like a deduction steaming from your own failures.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Terpene

How do you conclude that?

The state of the world

This to me sounds like a deduction steaming from your own failures.

like you have the faintest clue what I do and how many successes and failures I had
lol

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 09:11 AM
link   

lol indeed, I knew you'd react as if I attacked you. Obviously you seem to think no one made it, and you're going to be the first somehow. I'm so looking forward to the moment the penny drops...

what if the state of the world is a reflection of the state of mind from those that made it?

You want to break through the DiMethilTriptamin veil, without the substance?

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I'm not currently in a position or place to fully comment on all of this safely, but I am leaving this comment as a bookmark so I can come back and fully comment later on.
All I will say at this moment is that I find your thoughts on the subject of trauma in this context to be fascinating.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join