It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opening The Gates - Magic

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't know how familiar you are with Crowley's and Parsons' work?
Basically what the fellows did on the first level was to try and overcome boundries.

Because I think it is somewhat established fact that through breaking down the mind by trauma... it is what makes people 'magic'.
That is not something that needs fixing it is an important tool if your goal is to 'open the gates' so to speak.
Meaning working on a unification of the 'Kingdom of God' or the 'dimension of consciousness' or the 'Noosphere' with our mortal existence.

Almost all more fringe occult and/or spiritual practices emphasize how important it is to stay 'centred' while you go to what you can take and beyond... way way beyond what you can take.

Trauma is the magic ingredient. Suffering is necessary to break through the boundries of existence.
We just need to find the person who is aware of how stuff works, has the masochistic predisposition to take it without falling into a 'victim stance' and the intelligence to not conflate what is experienced with the brainwashing religion has inflicted on us. (Hi.)
And the beauty of it is that Yin and Yang are not clear cut but those principles that remind us that you need both 'types of magic' interacting to make the 'burst' a 'song of harmony'.
You know like the dichotomy that good is good and evil is evil, is false because it all serves a purpose and is part of the same struggle for harmony.
Even the devil wants ultimately to return to God.

Just a thought that occured to me and I think needs to be discussed.

edit on 17-11-2023 by FurPerson because: music

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

The Philosopher's Stone wasn't about alchemy.

It was about transcending.

I do agree that finding your boundaries is an important part of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I don't know how familiar you are with Crowley's and Parsons' work?

A little, gets crazy and hazy some of it. Pushing boundaries is what explorers do, sometimes boundaries push back, sometimes we find new lands of opportunity.

Trauma is the magic ingredient.

Trauma is disturbing and damaging. Not a good place to be. Have to dig deep on the internet to find the snuff stuff. it takes away a lot of potential for those subject to it. Some do try to exploit it to their own advantage. It is a tough job working in the emergency room, can understand why some doctors go a little nuts or have drug issues in trying to find some peace somewhere.

A sacrifice can be a better term than trauma. But what exactly are we sacrificing? A backyard chook for the Sunday roast. Our time and effort to help out our neighbors. Our moral foundation in do as they will. The sacrifice I see Jesus gave was his life for the community, helping and guiding people as best he could. As opposed to someone like Michael Aquino and the type of sacrifice he made, all that matters is him, detached from all the implications of his actions.

One thing I do like about rituals is that they help in defining a goal in life, something we want to achieve. One magic book I can recommended for real world effects:

The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
edit on 18-11-2023 by kwaka because: spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: kwaka

The sacrifice I see Jesus gave was his life

starved, whipped, nailed to a cross. Tortured & humiliated.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 01:19 AM
link   

starved, whipped, nailed to a cross. Tortured & humiliated.

Yep. Things where tough back then. Sounds like he got out easy on the crucifixion getting stabbed. It usually took about 3 days to die from exhaustion and eventually suffocate.

The humiliation is still pretty thick these days, has it cost being a truther as some still play by jungle rules. If we are to find a place with more integrity, we do need to have it ourself.
edit on 18-11-2023 by kwaka because: spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Some information on magick that is commonly available to all to read ...

Chaos Magic [wiki]

Gnosis (Chaos Magic) [wiki]

Left-hand path and right-hand path

Left Hand Path [wiki]

Personal Disclosure: I am a Left Hand Path Chaos Mage and I have avoided the use of and the teachings of Blood Magick and as such I haven't provided any links to such disgusting and depraved magick information. You can go find that stuff for yourself ok.

I once cast a spell to recover a $5000 gold heirloom bracelet for my sister (in common law) and here is how that went down ...

I turn up to her place one afternoon and we were talking in her kitchen, when her 3-4yr old daughter came running in crying.

She stopped and asked her daughter "Whats wrong please?" and my niece said "The Faeries beat me up and took the bracelet!" and I saw my sister about to lose the plot seriously.

Here is why, the $5000 gold heirloom bracelet was handed down from mothers/aunts to daughters/nieces in her family for generations and it had been gifted to her by her aunt, who had no daughters, upon her aunts death. Her mother received it and gave it to my sister and my sister had promised it to her own daughter ... and she foolishly allowed her daughter to go play with it unsupervised outside after being bugged about it by my niece.

So my sister is about to lose the plot over this and I stepped in and said "I can fix this and find it, do you trust me?" and my sister hesitated and then said "Yes ok!" and I simply said "Wait here!" and I stepped into the lounge room alone and I spoke aloud to the Faeries saying "Ok Faeries, waht do I have to do to get this gold bracelet back eh?" and instantly I got a gut reaction like I had been punched in the stomach and I got my answer ... I had to convince my CATHOLIC sister to say out aloud that she "Believes in the Faeries!" and I was like oh crud, wow, yes I can do that etc.

Now it took over an hour of cajoling my sister to simply say those simple few words ok.

During that hour we went and scoured the front lawn where my niece had been playing to see if we could find it but nope, it was gone!

So I am standing on the driveway, smoking a ciggy, and begging my sister to just say the words ... and my sister was sitting on the doorstep about 30ft away crying her eyes out and then she finally agreed and said the words out aloud "OK I believe in the Faeries!" and instantly between us at about 15ft off of the ground the gold bracelet appeared and fell to the ground!

My sister was shocked by this and so was I but I didn't show that and I simply said to her "See I told you!" and I was greatly amused by what had just occurred!

Internally I was like "WOW! That really worked eh? AMAZING!"

And then I thanked the Faeries!

I hope this testimony helps others find their way when using Magick ok!

Generally speaking I do NOT recommend the use of Magick as facts work better and all the time as belief is not required and secondly Magick is forbidden by God in the bible!

However when the facts damn you then the facts become useless and dangerous and its at such times that the use and implementation of Magick is useful.

Just be aware of certain magickal rules ok ...

The energy and intent you put out comes back to you 3 to 10 fold ... hence curses are probably not the best way to deal with things.

Also if you muck up the spell ... magickal blowback is a painful experience!

Finally there is different approaches to performing Magick ... pure mind over matter versus the use of proxies [ie wands, circles, crystals, sacrifices etc]

When I envision a summoner and a shifter in the same room, I imagine it would go something like this.

Both characters have determined that they need to summon a supernatural minion in order to achieve their goal.

So of course, the summoner kneels down, clears a spot on the ground and begins to unload various mystical paraphenalia from her bag.

The shifter watches this for a few moments, puzzled, then finally speaks. Shifter: "What in the world are you doing?"

Summoner: "I'm constructing the circle we're going to need."
Shifter: "That's absurd. Why are you wasting time with this? There was a nexus only about 30 minutes away, we need to head there and call the creature."
Summoner: "Between the two of us there's enough energy to do it here. We'd lose a whole hour if we went to the nexus for the energy."
Shifter: "Energy? Of course that's useful to take while we're there, but I'm talking about using the Nexus itself to call out for and bring the beast forth."
Summoner: "The nexus... itself...? That makes no sense. Only a properly drawn and energized circle can bring forth one of these creatures safely."
Shifter: "That's nonsense. I've never needed such mumbo-jumbo before. You just open a tiny rift to grab the beings attention, lure it through and subdue it with your will."
The summoner looks up at the Shifter with horror in her eyes. Summoner: "Are you mad? You would have me believe you call forth such creatures with no protection, no rituals, you just... invite them to your realm and hope you can cow them into submission?"
Shifter: "Of course. Why, that isn't how you and your ilk do such a thing?"
Summoner: "Of course not! Using specific components I construct and enchant a circle that will call forth one of these creature and trap them within. From the safety of this construct I then bargain with the being. If an accord cannot be reached and it will not submit, I send it back."
Shifter: "Magic circles? Will not submit? Send it back? You sound like a child. Your will is all that matters. If you allow failure to be an option then of course you'll fail."
The summoner begins packing her things up, and clears away what she had begun to draw upon the floor. Summoner: "I am done here. I will not work with someone so careless and ignorant."
Shifter: "Fine by me. I'd rather be working with someone who doesn't need useless crutches, anyway."

Both ways work ok.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 02:18 AM
link   

There isn't much to add.

I found duality/dichotomy to be a huge leap once the mental barrier was dismantled.

However when it comes to the gates, the boundaries, the passages between, I'm feeling like the keepers aren't to be messed with by force. There is no need for external influence to induce any form of break down. Just sit down with them, listen, and they'll pretty much walk you trough... One misconception at a time, and the result is more wholesome than any human occult teachings could ever convey.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Trauma is the magic ingredient. Suffering is necessary to break through the boundries of existence.

I'm going to say something that won't be very popular in a thread about magic. But in a way, the attraction to magic and magical thinking is useful I think (up to a point) in managing trauma

In the same way becoming a witch helps a woman (and occasionally a man) overcome their feelings of powerlessness

I obviously see it differently from you. But in reality I do see the stories we tell and the things we come to believe as a kind of magic because of the way it works on our minds and strengthens our sense of self

It's healing sometimes

I've known a few witches. They eventually abandoned their witchcraft when they no longer needed it

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

yeah no, different type of magic than what I am talking about. On my mind was no weird LARPing with silly paraphernalia and chanting when I wrote that.

It is not about empowering anything or anybody as much as research.
I get the confusion because I put C. & P. right there in the first sentence.

What I mean with magic is harder to describe and not so much about any intention in achieving any 'result' in the material world. It is ... more kind of what Psychonautics do using drugs with a different 'method'.

edit on 18-11-2023 by FurPerson because: added meme

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   

It's an interesting topic. One I'd rather not have on my phone 🙂

So I'll write a better reply later

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Parsons is an interesting character. I'm unsure whether Crowley was involving sacrifice or a sick pleasure though. I think that's a distinct characteristic, but I'm pretty sure Crowley was all about shock and depravity on a level that speaks to a different side of the matter. At least Parsons was recklessly scientific. Neither of which speak to any realm of "magic" to me.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sine.nomine

Crowley came from a very religious Christian background and was himself very traumatised during his 'growing phase'. Fellow was an agent.

'sick pleasure' was exactly the point of his existence and experience.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

S/F It all around this energy. I can’t add to your thread, you did a great job!

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

In my experience, sick pleasure hardly constitutes any form of "magic". It's more of a form of depravity in a primal nature. I don't claim to know everything on the topic, but it seems to be as misinformed as the man himself.
edit on 18-11-2023 by sine.nomine because: Excuse my typos. My phone has been acting a fool lately.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:33 AM
link   

sorry you make me quote myself from slightly earlier in this thread:

It is ... more kind of what Psychonautics do using drugs with a different 'method'.

it is not about Crowley opening himself through the pleasure he got out of it for himself. It is about 'opening' the people he abused.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Crowley was known to be a manipulator and an opportunist. I would hardly regard him as a prominent figure in the works of the occult, personally.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: FurPerson

sorry you make me quote myself from slightly earlier in this thread:

It is ... more kind of what Psychonautics do using drugs with a different 'method'.

it is not about Crowley opening himself through the pleasure he got out of it for himself. It is about 'opening' the people he abused.

Interesting, but I'd refer to my last post which was seemingly out of order due to timing

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

a prominent figure in the works of the occult

since pretty much all of it is fake and a scam to exploit people I'd say he fits in perfectly overall.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I'll just say this: I've seen it work. I don't necessarily believe in it. And I don't know what happened. And I ain't the only person I know who's said the same thing.

Whatever it is. Crowley had the wrong idea by a long shot.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 11:08 AM
link   

depends on what you're going for I guess. If your goal is to induce visual 'hallucinations' in those attending there are for sure others more successful. alas I'd call that the 'wrong idea'.

If you are interested in 'opening gates' C. & P. are exactly where 'it' is happening.

edit on 18-11-2023 by FurPerson because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join