It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope who likes abortions is dead set against Freemasonry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Well that’s my question to your thread
You made many statements that seem ignorant
You have been a mason since 2007?
Sounds like you were born a catholic, does that mean you know more about Catholicism?

I know Protestants who have been born into their church and don’t understand “salvation by grace”
Don’t care how long you have been a mason, doesn’t mean you know anything more than it as a social group
And yes, you have a right to be defensive, masonry has a terrible reputation

To me, sounds like you are bleating a tantrum against the papacy, good onya, but, acting like your religion is pure and innocent, not unlike our JW,org friends

And finally, you asked the conflict between freemasonry and Christianity
Try YouTube.

See, your question, that’s my whole point of being in this thread, you asked the conflict because you havnt a clue, you don’t know, you even admit you don’t know
Before you pen a thread like this, a basic understanding would be wise
edit on 16-11-2023 by Creaky because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Hmm so since I divorced my 1st wife I had to remarry outside of the church. That being said I cant have communion. Oh, am I sooo bad.

So to death do we part I am supposed to remain married to a drug addict who told me she had allergies and that she committed adultry during and after marrage? What about the 1000's of stolen cash for her habit? I never knew until her girfriend blew her into me. It was confirmed.

Then after 10 years of marraige she tells me that her goal was to see me become a made man. So where did all of that come from? 15 years of repression as that wasnt whom I married. Nor did I ever glorify the mafia. Nor did she. Or did she?

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Begs the question
Is that the Christian Gods command or a man controlled business run as a church
Even God divorced Israel

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

My Grandfather was a Mason. My Grandmother was a proud atheist but her mother and sister were DEVOUT Catholics. He explained to us, when we were just kids, that Masons and Catholics will never get along, because Masons will never accept the idea of the Pope's infallibility.

Sounds like you have the same issue.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: strongfp

Since when is the pope pro abortion?

where he admonishes bishops for denying communion due to abortion beliefs, but doesn't hold the same beliefs with regard to Freemasonry. I did have his position wrong based on previous reports.

He has adopted a progressive political stance, which is not what you would expect a spiritual leader to have. Politics should not be part of the Church. They are supposed to be a guide to God.

Franky is an agent, period. Him posing as Pope is theater writ large.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 11:05 AM
link   

As someone that’s neither a mason nor a catholic tell me if my immediate impressions are wrong or right

Mason:
Checkered floors
Weird hats
Builders/calculators
Numerology
Some kinky stuff
Curtains
Vastly white male dominated
Weird rituals
Charity
Secret codes that surpass laws etc

Catholics:
Incense
Incredible churches
Weird hats
Vastly white male dominated
Weird rituals
Charity
Kinky stuff
Secrets, things kept from the public
Not following the Bible (again this is from an outsider looking in)
Weird blood drinking rituals

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Secret codes that bypass laws? Tell me more.

And we don't have weird hats and do kinky sh#t. Where do ya get that crap from?

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Isn't like the first rule of Freemasonry a compulsory belief in a higher power of your choosing?

Guess the pope never heard of The Spirit of St. John.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Creaky

"man controlled business run as a church"

i do my part but I pray direct to God. All others are in on the cash flow.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 01:18 PM
link   
My close friend/roommate had always wanted to be a dad. He was real excited when he met a gal, moved in with her, then got married. Evidently, she was using some meth or something when he was at work. That invites evil into your lives. One day he found some paperwork from an abortion clinic. She had gotten pregnant with his baby but decided on her own that she didn't want it. She killed his kid. He was devastated. He turned into a drunk for a long time.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kawrider9ish
a reply to: JAGStorm

Secret codes that bypass laws? Tell me more.

And we don't have weird hats and do kinky sh#t. Where do ya get that crap from?

scottish Rite hats, shrine hats. yea, I can't deny the hat thing. At least for the apendant bodies.
the kinky stuff seems to be for some other group, I sure don't see it. And I'd be open minded to a degree. But the rituals are basic and quite ....non kinky.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

you just have to believe in a higher power. It's one of the first things you are asked.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

As someone that’s neither a mason nor a catholic tell me if my immediate impressions are wrong or right

Mason:
Checkered floors yes
Weird hats yes
Builders/calculators not really building is alegorical
Numerology no
Some kinky stuff I wish. no.
Curtains no, we don't have windows.
Vastly white male dominated no. Male yes, white, no.
Weird rituals depends on what you consider wierd, I think they are amazing
Charity yes
Secret codes that surpass laws etc No. We have a few secrets, but we are all under the same laws of man and God.

Catholics:
Incense yes
Incredible churches yes
Weird hats yes
Vastly white male dominated I can't say for sure, but in the area I grew up in, yes.
Weird rituals again, depends on your opinion of wierd
Charity yes
Kinky stuff only with bad priests
Secrets, things kept from the public I don't know, if there are, they didn't tell me.
Not following the Bible (again this is from an outsider looking in) The teachings are from the Bible, but it's hard to "follow" the Bible once you grasp everything in it. I don't.
Weird blood drinking rituals That one is subjective. it's wine and supposed to symbolize the blood of Christ, just as the eucharist is supposed to symbolize the body of Christ. it may not be for everyone, but it's not nefarious, just part of the ritual.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

I'm sorry to hear that. I hope he recovered at some point.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

My Grandfather was a Mason. My Grandmother was a proud atheist but her mother and sister were DEVOUT Catholics. He explained to us, when we were just kids, that Masons and Catholics will never get along, because Masons will never accept the idea of the Pope's infallibility.

Sounds like you have the same issue.

Other than not really agreeing to the need for a mediator between me and God, I really don't have anger towards the church. I do think the current Pope is poliitcal and as anyone knows, that's deviceive and a bad thing to openly display if your goal is unity. But He is free to do what he wants, just as I am free to not like it.

Freemasonry has no stance for or against any church. It's a group of men (fraternity) that colletively want to be better and sometimes work towards that endevor. The Church seems to have an issue with Freemasonry, and knowing what I do know about it, I think the reasons are based on lies and misconception. But not being a church person, I really don't let it bother me, I just think it's based on ignorance.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Creaky

Well that’s my question to your thread
You made many statements that seem ignorant
You have been a mason since 2007?
Sounds like you were born a catholic, does that mean you know more about Catholicism?

I know Protestants who have been born into their church and don’t understand “salvation by grace”
Don’t care how long you have been a mason, doesn’t mean you know anything more than it as a social group
And yes, you have a right to be defensive, masonry has a terrible reputation

To me, sounds like you are bleating a tantrum against the papacy, good onya, but, acting like your religion is pure and innocent, not unlike our JW,org friends

And finally, you asked the conflict between freemasonry and Christianity
Try YouTube.

See, your question, that’s my whole point of being in this thread, you asked the conflict because you havnt a clue, you don’t know, you even admit you don’t know
Before you pen a thread like this, a basic understanding would be wise

You sound like you are angry. You should calm down a bit to help your blood pressure.

I don't claim to know everything, or much of anything. I am a Freemason, I have been master of my lodge, which takes time, dedicatioin, and a certain degree of knowldge. I was a kid when I was confirmed, but had to go to classes for a good while before that happened. It was something my parent wanted for me. I really wasn't into it.

But to trust You tube as opposed to years of direct knowldge is kind of ....well....stupid. I don't know what goes on in other lodges I have never been to, but in talking to other masons around the world, it seems things are remarkably similar.

I don't know what you do for a living, but I'd wager you know a little bit about it, and likely more than someone who has never done it. Masonry is kind of like that. You can guess, listend to tother non masons tell you all about it, but there really is no substitute for being there.

Chill out, and don't be so adversarial. hate me because I'm a dick, not because of a group I belong to.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I do think the current Pope is poliitcal and as anyone knows, that's deviceive and a bad thing to openly display if your goal is unity.

So you don't agree that the Pope is infallible.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Do you know that the Infallibility of the Pope is limited?
catholicism.org...

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I've actually spent many a Christmas listening to arguments just like the apologetics that you've linked, as my grandmother's side of the family were devout Catholics and holidays were for family arguments! LOL

Either you believe that God's will ALWAYS shines through the Pope, even though he may be an imperfect human, or you don't believe that Jesus Christ meant for there to be an earthly Vicor of Christ, representing Christ through his church, generation after generation.

So, even if this Pope is political, as NetworkDude asserts, God wanted it that way, according to faithful Catholics. It's a matter of faith.

I grew up in a church that preached that the Pope of the Anti-Christ, so there's that.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

What I remember is that the Pope is only infallible --speaking for God as it were---when speaking on matter of Dogma.
If he's talking about Freemasons or world health or the POTUS, he's JUST another human being.

I grew up in a Catholic Church that believed that Communism would lead to the downfall of the world.
The Church has changed that belief.
And the world is devolving into a more communistic system.

As for Freemasonry, the Church has always been against it AFAIK.
Didn't they create the K0fC to counter the Masons? lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join