It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Cleverly fails to deny calling Rwanda deportation policy ‘bats--t’ in private

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Could James Cleverly be the one Tory with a foot still in reality?

Graun

Can't say I disagree with him here.
When it was first announced that was my exact thought.

Definitely too little to late to save the tories but it is encouraging to see a human being there finally.
edit on thpThu, 16 Nov 2023 06:26:56 -060020232023-11-16T06:26:56-06:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: spellin

edit on Thu Nov 16 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: Edit in title

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

I think most folk thought it was bonkers.

You couldn't have made it up!

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Rwanda’s economy grew by 9.2% in the first quarter of 2023, following 8.2% growth in 2022. But recent floods, resulting in the loss of life and destruction of infrastructure, are expected to moderate this momentum to 5.8% in 2023 against a pre-disaster forecast of 6.2%.

The 21st edition of the World Bank’s Rwanda Economic Update (REU) highlights positive developments in the country’s economic landscape. Momentum in growth was supported by private consumption and the services sector, accompanied by improvements in the labor market.

Inflation has eased, although it remained above the target range set by the National Bank of Rwanda during the first half of 2023. The REU says Rwanda's current account deficit improved in 2022, driven primarily by higher export revenues and remittances, which outweighed rising import prices. The fiscal deficit also narrowed in the first half of FY2022/23, due to a drop in public spending.
www.worldbank.org...

People describe life in Rwanda as peaceful, safe, and beautiful. Expats love the friendly people, the stunning scenery, and the low cost of living. The average cost of living for an expat is around $1,000 per month. The population of Rwanda is 12.6 million people, and the largest cities are Kigali (the capital), Butare, Gitarama, and Ruhengeri. The cons of living in Rwanda include the lack of infrastructure and the limited job opportunities. Additionally, the cost of living is rising, and the country is still recovering from the 1994 genocide.
www.expatexchange.com...

I think it's a good idea and a deterrent for those making the journey , risk your life coming to Britain and end up in Rwanda a chance to make a new start in a country with a decent economy and low living costs ... unlike here.

Seems there's a bit of unconscious racism creeping in with regard to Rwanda and its suitability.

edit on 16-11-2023 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

You dont see anything wrong with spending all that money, using jets pushing out all that Co2 and all th e wrangling through the courts then?
Can't imagine a less extravagant way of putting these people off?

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

You dont see anything wrong with spending all that money, using jets pushing out all that Co2 and all th e wrangling through the courts then?

Personally I'd use the RAF and the CO2 from those flights wouldn't even scratch the surface of CO2 pushed out by passenger and freight flights per day.

Can't imagine a less extravagant way of putting these people off?

Mining the channel would be cheaper I grant you that.

posted on Nov, 16 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I hear that Gaza is nice this time of year?

new topics

top topics

join