It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Internet Influence Operation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 06:59 AM
link   
www.cnn.com...

The Chinese government has built up the world’s largest known online disinformation operation and is using it to harass US residents, politicians, and businesses—at times threatening its targets with violence, a CNN review of court documents and public disclosures by social media companies has found.

The onslaught of attacks – often of a vile and deeply personal nature – is part of a well-organized, increasingly brazen Chinese government intimidation campaign targeting people in the United States, documents show.

The US State Department says the tactics are part of a broader multi-billion-dollar effort to shape the world’s information environment and silence critics of Beijing that has expanded under President Xi Jinping. On Wednesday, President Biden is due to meet Xi at a summit in San Francisco.

doesn't really surprise me.

wave of the future? every government and cause will have its own troll farms?
even businesses? imagine Coke trollers ripping Pepsi.

this would help explain why certain online posters will continue to promote a point of view despite all evidence against.

Chinese government is NOT friendly.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Coelacanth55

It's propaganda for the most part.

They'd call this site Chinese.

The establishment just wants to blame all dissent on Russia or China.
Don't fall for it.
edit on 14/11/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 07:24 AM
link   
they are here and failry easy to spot. And they claim vehemently they aren't paid posters. Which is exactly what a paid poster would say.
edit on 14-11-2023 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I was hoping we were to get a Chinese Troll on this site, like the Russian one. It would be a tough job for them, but at least some dialogue happening. They are next in line to carry the global monetary standard when the USD fails, even though Russia has done a lot of the heavy lifting so far and usually in the top 2 with America at the Olympics with China a close 3rd.

Rumors' of a democratic resolution continue in China. How can we help that happen?

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

What I find amusing is that CNN is Americas version of this influence, and now CNN wants us to be aware of other countries doing it. How long did they push the Russia collusion narrative even when evidence showed otherwise?

Blame others for what you too do.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 08:34 AM
link   
And this effects me how?
Is this like the time a Russian oligarch payed 10K dollar to overturned the 2016 election?
Cause this kinda sounds similar.

If you are influenced by someone on the internet that's your problem. It's not like our own government doesn't run a thousand influence campaigns on us all already. We're the most propagandized people on the planet. They got most people convinced we need them to protect us from all the boogeymen out there.

Meanwhile there hasn't been a substantial terrorist attack in American in quite some time from any foreign groups, especially Arab. Could it possibly be they don't pose as big a risk to us as they claim?

I mean we rarely witness any blowback in America anymore yet our foreign policies that have only become more tyrannical and violent over the years. Could it possibly be China, Russia, Iran, Hamas, ISIS, and every other bogeyman out there is just a fairytale to convince Americans to act against their own best interests?

Whenever you hear of a foreign government doing something nefarious just assume the American government is also doing the same thing on a large scale to them and most times you'd be correct. The sooner you all realize the real threat to your existence is not in China it's in DC the sooner we can attempt to have some meaningful change in this country.

In the last 6 years I've watched my countrymen and women become terrified of a reality show host, the flu, a balloon, China, Russia, Syria, Iran and a prison gang held in the largest open air prison camp on the planet. Meanwhile our leaders continue to kill millions around the globe. Yet I'm supposed to worry about China?

Does this make me a payed Chinese shill?
Lol

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Agreed they are here and they are try-hards it's laughable. They use all the push the agenda phrases like "the false equivalence fallacy" that try to sound smart or educated but actually show how little they actually know or care about the actual situation.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: SomeStupidName

Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't make them a foreign spy.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard

This is exactly what a foreign spy would say. . . . . .

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

And a foreign spy would claim other people are the spies.
So you must be the spy.
LMAO.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

And a foreign spy would claim other people are the spies.
So you must be the spy.
LMAO.

lol

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

They don't disagree with me they promote chaos and discord, desperately push agendas that support known criminal organizations and the average people that put those organizations into power. I don't get the feeling from any of their posts that they actually care about any innocent life being lost they just hide behind it while they attack.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The media, as an mouthpiece of the regime, is pushing the rhetoric that action is mandatory and that if you don't proclaim support for one side then you're a bad person,
but then if you support one side, then you're the enemy of half the population.

The real enemy is our own government and the elites, and the media.
They did this.

As for spies on the internet, they do exist, particularly on Facebook and X.
On ATS, well, who knows... Such a suspicion applied to this website could only lead to a witch hunt and people being shouted down even more than they already are, so i don't think it's behooves us to speculated in this context.

On Facebook it's fairly easy: recently created account, no posts, a lot of comments, all comments divisive.

But here, especially recently, we tend to talk about topics that are by nature divisive, and I see that kind of division in the real world too. Not everyone on the street can be a spy.

So, there could be some, maybe, IDK. I kinda doubt ATS would be high on the list though.
I'd think they'd focus on the major social media sites where they could manipulate the most people.
Here? Meh. I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

I get what your saying but I'm seeing something about they way and manner that certain posts come off and there's more to it then simple opinion. It seems more like organized talking points and manufactured responses, like you would get at a corporate business meeting or training session. To me I kind of see a cold A.I. type response/interaction that just isn't sitting right.
edit on 14-11-2023 by SomeStupidName because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Again, not necessarily saying you're wrong, but TBF, most people only have talking points and rhetoric lately.
Maybe the people you're referring to are, IDFK.
Impossible to know, unfortunately.
Just be critical of everything we read and hear.
All we can do really.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 10:48 AM
link   

I would take all Meta claimed to uncover with a grain of salt. It's a heavily censored platform and it's convenient to blame all the dissenting opinions on either China or Russia. If there are accounts which are strictly against the Chinese dissidents or praising China, then they could be the paid trolls. However, the criticism of the US government's actions probably comes from the legitimate users who are disgruntled citizens although I don't totally exclude the possibility of the foreign subversion in some cases.

I remember the claims that people expressing their more or less valid concerns about Covid vaccines on social media platforms were Putin's paid trolls. It's a nice way to justify censorship while appearing tolerant at the same time.

edit on 14-11-2023 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

This is exactly what a foreign spy would say. . . . . .

Kill them all. The lord of spies will know his own

Cheers

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   
MSM getting nervous about those lawsuits against the government with msm cooperating in censorship.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
they are here and failry easy to spot. And they claim vehemently they aren't paid posters. Which is exactly what a paid poster would say.

So, do you deny that you are a paid poster?

LOL.

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Are you a paid poster?

Am I?

top topics

join