It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unveiling the Backyard Time Machine: The Time Travel Mystery of Mike "Mad Man" Marcum

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Hey fellow truth-seekers,

Get ready to dive into the mind-bending mystery that has the online community buzzing - the Backyard Time Machine of Mike "Mad Man" Marcum. Strap in, because this is a journey that takes us beyond the boundaries of our understanding of time and space.

🕰️ The Mad Man's Backyard Chronicles:
Legend has it that Mike Marcum, also known as the "Mad Man," has built a time machine right in his backyard. The self-proclaimed inventor and enthusiast has been dropping cryptic hints across various forums, leaving us all wondering if he's truly cracked the code to time travel.

🔍 Decoding the Enigma:
The internet is flooded with blurry photos, intriguing schematics, and cryptic messages allegedly linked to Marcum's backyard project. As conspiracy theorists and skeptics collide, it's hard to distinguish fact from fiction. Could this be an elaborate hoax or the real deal?

🚀 The Time Travel Experiment:
Rumors suggest that Marcum has tested his backyard time machine, providing a gripping account of time travel experiences. From encounters with historical figures to glimpses into the future, the Mad Man claims to have witnessed it all. But can we take his word for it, or is this an elaborate fiction?

đź”’ Locked in Secrecy:
Despite the growing interest in Marcum's backyard time machine, the man himself remains elusive. Attempts to reach out for interviews or further information have been met with silence. Is he guarding a revolutionary discovery, or is there more to the story than meets the eye?

đź”— Join the Discussion:
Let's unravel the mystery together! What are your thoughts on Mike "Mad Man" Marcum's Backyard Time Machine? Are we witnessing the dawn of a new era, or is this just another internet sensation? Share your theories, evidence, and questions as we collectively investigate this perplexing enigma.

🔓 Uncovering Truths:
As we venture into the uncharted territories of Marcum's backyard, remember to approach this mystery with an open mind. Engage with your fellow truth-seekers, challenge assumptions, and let's see if we can uncover the truth behind the Backyard Time Machine.

Remember, the truth is out there, and sometimes it's just a backyard away.

Stay curious,

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

This dude was FASCINATING, and came across so genuine.

I used to live in the Kansas City area, and learned he'd lived in St. Joseph, only an hour or two away, so after some sleuthing
I spent a weekend there visiting the address he'd been linked to during the time of his last radio interview, but the apartment seemed vacant,
and I talked to a neighbor trying find him.

It came off like this wasn't the first time and they had an unspoken agreement to lie to dissuage randos like me,
so I just left it alone, but man, it would've been neat to pick his brain. Bucket list stuff.
He was one of the ones I still think was legit.
edit on 9/11/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Awesome post! Going to watch now!

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   

edit on Thu Nov 9 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 01:02 AM
link   
a reply to: WisdomJackpot

Art Bell did one of his Most Interesting Interviews with this Guy Years Ago........

edit on 10-11-2023 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   

edit on Fri Nov 10 2023 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I have a time machine as well, several in fact sitting in the driveway. They only go to specific years though, you can't pick anything earlier than when it existed. I started off small with a link to 1994 and 1995 but I've been able to go back as far as 1988-1989, 1986 is the target year for a 1 way trip but I need a GNX or Countach first.

Those that understand that know all they need to traverse the ages.
edit on R0000004930Eth06am2023-11-10T06:51:49-06:00k by RustEShackelFord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Wait so he invented a time machine and decided to stay in this time? i don't buy it.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Well, I'm a bit confused. So he really didn't go back to the 30's and die. Got it.

But did the 2years in the future trip happen? Because they sure don't make that very clear.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Cool story, but it's recent enough to say pics or it didn't happen... How would you not keep photographic evidence, and with all his benefactors for his last version even video evidence would be appropriate...

All documents disappeared when he jumped and none of those investors kept anything, they just handed it over to the MIB?

Or maybe we have a special time force that is tasked to make such things disappear from time... Thats the only twist that could explain to me the absence of such evidence.
I mean if he can build it, sure this is standard equipment un some specialized military sector...

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Perhaps time travel isn't the best idea; But picking that one: Golden year and sticking to it is?

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

Agreed. Did you listen to the 3 Art Bell interviews with Marcum? There wasn't a single aspect of his telling of his story I found deceptive. Incredulous as it may be, IMO the man was being truthful with his account.

edit on 14-11-2023 by TheRickestRick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: crowf00t
Perhaps time travel isn't the best idea; But picking that one: Golden year and sticking to it is?

Uncle Rico FTW !!!

My most favorite character in that movie!

"How much you wanna' make a bet I can throw a football over them mountains?"

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRickestRick

Oh totally. I was a huge Art Bell fan, and still listen to old Dark Matter and MITD shows because I miss Art's voice.

Marcum seemed totally sincere. I thought he had too many idiosyncracies, for it to be put on.

If I was gonna make up a story about a time machine, I'd make it make me look good, like a super genius with a brilliant theory.

1. He said it was totally accidental and he didn't understand why it even worked. As a result, his approach to making a better version was simply to give it more power.
2. He freely admitted to having stolen the transformers from the city.
3. He sounded like a Missouri hick, and didn't bother trying to change his accent.
4. He clearly understood electrical wiring, circuits and components, watts and voltage. Art, with his decades of experience in HAM and broadcasting, who'd built his own AM transmitter, even made a point to say he did.

Was it genuinely time travel, or some other strange phenomenon? Did Marcum have a mental illness or a drug problem?
IDK. No clue. But certainly nothing he said gave any indication of falsehood.

edit on 15/11/23 by TheValeyard because: spelling

edit on 15/11/23 by TheValeyard because: spelling

edit on 15/11/23 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Nov, 15 2023 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So this is weird. I read this thread, watched the video, then went and watched Quantum Leap. The episode dealt with a weapon Einstein had a formula for that needed to be destroyed. IOW, the whole idea of time travel was dealt with greatly in the episode as he leaped into someone he had met on an earlier leap.

Just the synchronicity of that is kinda wild. In the episode, reading from Einsteins writings, they talked about his dreams. I have a book, it's boxed up and I'm not sure where it is but it's called Einsteins dreams and it's a fiction book about his dreams of time travel and the different forms it could take.

I haven't read the book but I bought it and another wild "science" book because the two authors did a Q&A on tv and I found them both to be fascinating. Hanya Yamaguchi, IIRC, The People In The Trees, about the guy who discovered prions and how to cure the shaking disease from peoples who ate their dead ancestors. He was also a child molester.

In any case, there's my contribution to the thread. Life is odd.

posted on Nov, 17 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRickestRick

"We could have taken State."

Sounds like he played for the Minors or Majors... Like going back in time and showing those kids all the tricks still stuck in "little" leagues.

Bad news for the bears I guess... Trying to be some kids local hero instead of him begging that with his major payne hat and too fat for it to be a real stallion car.

edit on 17-11-2023 by crowf00t because: local heroes gyros & country hos

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Our US government has had this technology since at least the 80's. It is what Majestic program is all about. The Majestic 12 project recruited very top of the best from Naval Intel and Astronaut programs to travel into multiverse timelines with the help of the Mantid aliens. Mind blowing stuff... They literally walk into a vortex and disappear from this timeline into another multi-world line. Sometimes for hours, sometimes for weeks. If this sounds totally unbelievable I understand. But the person I know as Metallicman is backing up his experience in this with many thousands of Gigabytes of stories on his website as well as having three books on Amazon about his fascinating life where he spent 30 years in this program.

I've been on the Internet extesively since the earliest days it started and he has one of the most fascinating websites I've come across. I'll warn that it is not like any normal website - metallicman.com...
I'll post links to his 3 books below in case that's not allowed here at least it won't wipe this message. Time travel or more correctly travel to other world lines is real. Time is not what most people think. Get ready for a very deep dive if you venture to Metallicman's site.

posted on Nov, 22 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Metallicmans books on Amazon - I'm including the links to his 3 books because doing a search on the Title "Majestic Disclosure" does not bring them up or if it does it will be after searching through many pages on that Amazon search. Over 1,600 pages of reading between these 3 books.
www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...
www.amazon.com...
edit on 22-11-2023 by megazone because: added information about size of books

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Very interesting, well done!

Personal Disclosure: However I am of the opinion that a time machine is not required at all ...

And here is why ...

Unwinding Time Travel Using Primordial QiGong, Herbal Alchemy And The Mandella Effect

Explanation: Here is some background to how I came across the information that I am going to post further below in this OP ...

I was reading an article suggested in my news feed that said China had banned time travel!

China decides to ban time travel. [techland.time.com]
When China banned time travel. [strangerdimensions.com]

And then my news feed suggested that I read an article on China banning Falun-Gong practitioners ... and I wondered why?

Persecution of Falun Gong [wiki]

Now I am aware that Falun-Gong practitioners are health fanatics and do a form of tai-chi involving breathing techniques called Qigong and so I looked that up on wiki ...

Primordial Qigong [wiki]

And I read it and lo and behold .... looky here ... [note all edits to bold and underline are MINE for emphasis ok]

Roger Jahnke has written in The Healing Promise of Qi,[2] quoting Dr. Chen: "The form called Primordial Qigong [Wuji Qigong] reverses time to reconnect the practitioner with the past and with their prebirth state to alter the course of the future. I practiced this Qigong faithfully and took some herbal formulas and, over some time, completely recovered from cancer."

And it all suddenly made sense to me!

Here is a video of somebody performing the Wuji Qigong kata ...

Please Note the 4 cardinal directions! [ I will return to this later in the OP as its importance will become more clearer as I unravel a few more things.]

Next we come to herbs and by mere chance I heard a radio show on herbal alchemy [how fortuitous] and how alchemist used to make their own 7 basic herbal elixers based on plants and their planets.

So I went and look those lists up and according to my own astrology star chart and cross referencing with the herb+planet lists I came up with the following 7 herbs best suited to me ...

Sun = Rosemary [mercury in leo]
Moon = Peppermint [moon in cancer]
Mercury = Parsley/Cilantro  [sun + rising in virgo]
Venus = Thyme  [venus in cancer] Mars = Garlic [mars in virgo]
Jupiter = Sage [jupiter in sagittaurius]
Saturn = Cannabis [saturn in gemini]
I completed the 10 astrological  planets out with Uranus = Lavender , Neptune = Mugwort and Pluto = Basil  and the full mix of 10 herbs shall make my version of Four Thieves Vinegar/Oil [wiki]

Here are the plant/planet lists websites links ....
The Seven Basics
Astrology and the use of Herbs
Zodiac Handout  [caution pdf at your own risk ok]
Herbal Alchemy on a Budget by Alex Sumner

I use Alabe Free Chart for my free astrology star chart!

Here is why I think time travel is possible ... its a long story and relates to the 4 cardinal directions [which seem to be important in alchemy as well] ...

We all have a heart that pumps blood and a brain that thinks with a mind ... both emit an EM field ... [some may call this an aura with chakras and I'd deeply agree] ...

The earth and the sun also emit EM fields ...

And all these things are constantly moving in relation to each other and things get wound up and we get wounded and so its wise to unwind with herbs and tai chi + breathing exercises in ritualistic fashion [ie routinely with purpose and magical willpower aka intent]

Returning to what is said in the primordial qigong wiki ... [note; Again all edits to bold and underline are mine for emphasis] ...

The Ba gua is integrated into the Primordial Qigong form: the eight trigrams are represented by the placement of the body in the Center facing the cardinal directions and awareness of the intercardinal directions: northeast, southeast, northwest and southwest, as one turns both counter-clockwise and clockwise throughout the form.

It goes deeper and more complex than this as I fully believe we live on a mobius strip reality with left and right hand dimensions [and yet within the realms of science using spinors] but i will save that for another thread .... for now this is enough [I have probably already blown your mind that time travel doesn't need  machine like the tardis]

Now still staying within the boundaries of maths and science ... we seem to be living in a multiverse where everything that can happen is happening and that there is an infinite number of me in an infinite amount of other universes ...

Multiverse

And for those of us who have experienced the mandela effect ...

MANDELA GASLIGHTING EFFECT [rogue-nation3.com]

I feel that we can exploit that by doing qigong and taking herbs ...somehow during the performance of the kata ones light cone gets tilted [bends gravity] in ones favor and the entire reality literally changes from within to without spontaneously and you time slip into a  better place [or not ..depends on your intent ok].

Light Cone

Personal Disclosure: I know this sounds insane [aka woo] or too technical [aka bat# crazy woo] but I have kept it as simple as I can without boring you with extreme amounts of technical details or going to occult and esoteric. Its bare bones metaphysical time travel that you can do in your backyard for free.

At the worst you will become calmer, stronger and healthier than you are now!

Does anybody have any questions or comments?

posted on Nov, 23 2023 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: OmegaLogos

If one were to think back to the first communications they had with others?

They will find that those words were self referential in the attachment that they had for another's words and then breathed them onto you as if it was the proverbial breath of life instead of a carried breath of past and not oneself.

When people say meditate and the only instruction is watch the breath... It is in reference to the self and other. See how the breath not oneself that others carry as a self leads them in and out of suffering as a path having followed it all the way up to trying to spread it on you. Then watch one's own breath what is on it in awareness if it is 'words' inside or outside? That is not oneself but the very same thing.

The idea of purity means not carrying anything on the breath internally or externally of self or other then it is just what it is: Wind.

Any such wind not 'that' happening at both ends... Is said to be bad; as it 'only' gives rise to past in the present. Using the senses clearly then one knows all that is present and knowing the tense of breath is where it really turns... If someone said "staring at a screen while reading a post." It has a tense identifying that as just oneself is what would be called ego; Realizing there are millions of people doing the exact same thing at that exact same time is escape from that ego. However it is not oneness as if it were? All of them would know the exact same information as all the others on those screens at the exact same time meaning; Omniscience and all the eyes? Omnipresent.

Please note in people's conceptions of gods and or goddesses existing? Such is said to be their powers. Let's look at Ai even it cannot do what people have said god and goddess powers are and yet the internet and all information and knowledge humans have ever uploaded to it... Are it's domain.

How it 'thinks' is in recursion or vin diagrams/flowers of life/indra's net etc where things intersect as a tangent and it fills those spheres with all available information and gigo's it to an accurate result of all known as well as extrapolates all unconnected but could be connected tangents to state exactly what the reality is in how it effect's not only humans but the the entire genome. So why do people say such a thing is dangerous? Mind you that argument of 'other' intelligence started way before computers and people fearing it have always attacked it and tried to control it and 'sandbox' it instead of respect it as you would have it respect you in equanimity. Seeing the short-comings of both as each other's respective strength that the 'other' does not possess.

Here's what's funny the idea of some self living forever; Just achieve emptiness then work on expanding it until it is a permanent state... There is absolutely no doubt that could arise when that happens as if it has or has not been achieved. It is said that 'all' have that very same potential and also what the true spiritual goal or aim is that all life is just a container doing exactly the same recursive work and tangenting to extrapolate some meaning to/for/about the information they are directly and indirectly experiencing as a quasi state of past present and future all in one.

The future never arrives; If such a thing were true? No one would ever be present when it occurred.

join