It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrat U.S. Senator JOE MANCHIN Will NOT Seek Another Term in 2024.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Thursday, November 9, 2023

ABC News seems to think a Republican will be elected in his place?

Sen. Joe Manchin, a West Virginia Democrat, announced Thursday that he will not run for reelection next year, fueling speculation over whether he plans on mounting a third-party White House bid and immediately complicating his party's chances of holding the Senate past 2025.

"After months of deliberation and long conversations with my family, I believe in my heart of hearts that I have accomplished what I set out to do for West Virginia," Manchin, who had been at the center of a months-long waiting game in Washington as he mulled his future, said in a statement.
Source: abcnews.go.com...

What do you think?

-WeMustCare? CareWeMust!

edit on 9112023 by WeMustCare because: MustWeCare?

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

What's his net worth?

I'd like a comparison of what he was worth when he took office, and what is it now before he "retires", because that's what this is; a retirement.

Usually they stay as long as the getting is good. Manchin must be ahead of the curve on common sense and he's pulling his chute before the plane crashes.

The focus definitely won't be on him, if he can help it. Out of sight, out of mind...

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This was predictable. We know why he was scapegoating and playing controlled opposition with some of those Democrat Bills that got spending "Negotiated Down" right to where they wanted after bidding high as a bait shill tactic. Brilliant.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

He did well while he was governor too.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Pretty much guaranteed he'll be replaced by a Republican. The real question is whether or not he's going to announce his candidacy for President.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I'll take, "Guess who's running for president" for 800, Alex.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I'll take, "Guess who's running for president" for 800, Alex.

I will take "Guess who is going to fall into a large sum of money" for 800, Alex...

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Sen. Joe Manchin, a West Virginia Democrat, announced Thursday that he will not run for reelection next year, fueling speculation over whether he plans on mounting a third-party White House bid and immediately complicating his party's chances of holding the Senate past 2025.

"After months of deliberation and long conversations with my family, I believe in my heart of hearts that I have accomplished what I set out to do for West Virginia," Manchin, who had been at the center of a months-long waiting game in Washington as he mulled his future, said in a statement.

What do you think?

-WeMustCare? CareWeMust!

I agree that a Republican would probably get elected. Manchin was always a DINO anyway. He never had the balls to go independent, because he would lose the few friends and allies he has. He's always been kind of pathetic if you ask me. I never trusted him, and never respected him. He's wishy washy and fake AF. If he announces his candidacy for President, nobody will take him seriously.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Shortly before Manchin announced he was no longer running, a committee was registered with the FEC regarding a possible Romney-Manchin ticket.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

A Republican who almost all other Republicans hate and a Democrat that almost all Democrats hate...what could go wrong?

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I don’t blame him, his party he’s believed in has turned to #. Honestly I don’t think he wants to stomach any of it on either side anymore, one of the smarter ones.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 05:37 PM
link   

LOL like anyone is going to vote for Romney unless he turns into his true self.... A Democrat.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

What do you think?

-WeMustCare? CareWeMust!

Just as vivek is disrupting the RNC, Manchin is seeking to do the same as him to the DNC. The difference is Vivek is young and Manchin is just another dinosaur. I applaud him for it though, it is good what he is doing. The RINO's and the Clinton/Obama reality have reached their end. It is time for a real change.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Pretty much guaranteed he'll be replaced by a Republican. The real question is whether or not he's going to announce his candidacy for President.

Will he be more popular than that Kennedy guy?

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I was surprised to hear that Manchin was not running again, I never trusted him at all, he is a creature of the swamp and no matter what he will always be.

I do not think he will run for president, nobody is going to vote for him, he is not trusted.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbarer
Shortly before Manchin announced he was no longer running, a committee was registered with the FEC regarding a possible Romney-Manchin ticket.

A Rino and a Dino....

Will they at least run on a Uniparty ticket?

Or is Progressive still too much?

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:35 PM
link   
He was a key part of that boondoggle of a spending bill before the dems lost the house and people for once havent forgotten.

Doesnt mean he wouldnt get re-elected but he is in an area where well a lot of people shoot to feed their familes so they are very good shots.

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 04:48 AM
link   

edit on Fri Nov 10 2023 by Jbird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

President Biden's top advisors "put the screws to Manchin", in an attempt to get him to run again.

Story: www.politico.com...

Joe Biden was a Senator. I wonder why he didn't personally try to keep Manchin from bailing?

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 12:31 AM
link   

No....way....sorry....that is just too much. I am not saying it is not true just....

top topics

join