It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found one.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I've been looking for a new truck for months and been to every dealership within almost 100 miles and couldn't find just the right deal. Finally, I found what I wanted at the price I wanted in Frankfort Ky. That's 4 hours from my house, but it was such a good deal, I just couldn't pass it up. I'd also said I didn't want all the touch screen, gizmo and gadgets that usually goes along with them, but..... I got to thinking.

This is the first new truck I've bought in roughly 30 years [ seriously- I was 28 when I bought the last one ] and at my age, this is going to be my "Forever Truck". I drive maybe 2 thousand miles a year and Toyota engines will last well into 300K, so there's a good chance one of my kids will get this 20 years from now. Got it last night and I spent the last hour figuring out what all the buttons do and still need to read the manual. It has collision avoidance radar, lane alert and God knows what else that I'll never use, but I figured what the hell. After 30 years, I'm gonna treat myself. I spent a good chunk of my life raising kids and always drove beaters so I'd be able to take care of them and also to build a nest egg for retirement. I don't regret it one bit, but now that they are grown and out on their own, it's Dad's time to spend some money.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 08:45 AM
link   
nice looking truck. Be sure to use that 4wd at least once a year. I had one, didn't use it, and had the trans go out because of it. Enjoy your new ride.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

Congratulations from the bottom of my heart! An excellent choice for people of our generation.
I want to share my story with you. My daughter recently bought her first Mercedes C 180 in the back of 205.
Girl))))

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Thats purdy right there.

I've been eyeing a pickup for a while (I really miss my old Dakota and F150's) but due to some recent life changes, I'm going to be hopping into an older Suburban instead... Preferably one with a bench seat up front.

Maybe I'll be down that way early next year to find one that hasn't been destroyed by salt.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Nice truck- I could never justify the cost of a new one, but my 99 tacoma was hands down the most reliable vehicle I ever owned- and I bought it with over 160k on the clock.

My current truck is the 2013 version of what you just bought, with 120k on that clock- it isn't as reliable as the '99 was, but the larger cab and 4wd are really doing their part to make up for it now that I'm not in my 20's any more.

If the new generation is anything like the last one, as long as you keep up with oil changes you'll be trouble free for ten years, and the problems that come after that are pretty minor.
I had to replace some variable valve timing solonoid, but I was able to do it for under $150 with tools I generally carry in the truck. AC light is blinking now, not sure why yet. Sounds like the AC isn't working but it's snowing out so I won't know for a while.

With the light use you're describing, this may very well be your last truck. It's a good choice.
Terrible color though

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Thats a nice truck. My son has one like that.

I like four wheel drives. I had a 75 GMC Jimmy with a 400 small block, lift kit, and shift kit. I miss that truck. It was a full convertable truck when I took the top off. Only the windshield and padded roll bar sticking up. Im shopping for another one to restore, ground up.

My dad bought me a Z71, which Ive been driving for going on 26 years.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 12:48 PM
link   

TRD 4x4 and I like the color very nice well done .

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Beautiful truck! I love the color too. Toyotas are so reliable and have great resale value. Like others said, use the four wheel drive. So much fun to drive through all kinds of snow with 4WD. Have fun! You earned it.

posted on Nov, 9 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   

edit on Thu Nov 9 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2023 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I didn't have a choice in my recent car as it was given to me by my Sister. She sold her property in Utah for a goodly sum, paid off her dead husbands truck, bought a new Toyota Rav4 and gave me her '13 Rav4. I've had it for three years and only had to replace a fuel filter and battery. She never had major problems with it and it's only at 86,000 so it should last quite a while if I don't wreck it.

I do need to get the front end fixed. I gave a little love tap to a far superior vehicle and the hood is raised and all the plastic on the front is busted. I did it Christmas eve, what a nice present to myself. I just don't have the money to fix it right now.

new topics

top topics

join