It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Einstein's theory failed. The world is entering a new reality.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: watcheroo
a reply to: dragonridr

Now before you ask no we don't know why mass distorts spacetime we just know it does through experiments

When one speeds through space time slows down
When one approaches mass time slows down.

Doesn't it make sense that mass itself is warped spacetime? The increased density of spacetime in both cases causing time to slow down.

As I was trying to point out you don't separate spacetime which is exactly what your attempting to do.

Now your almost right when you said they depend on each other and the faster you move through space the less you move through time. But that isn't why mass causes gravity. Mass warps spacetime causing it to curve into geodesic. The curved spacetime is what we perceive as gravity. What we do not now is how mass warps spacetime we just know it does.

If we can figure out how mass effects spacetime that opens the door from warp drives to time travel if it's possible all at all we just don't know.

posted on Nov, 11 2023 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: watcheroo
a reply to: dragonridr

Now before you ask no we don't know why mass distorts spacetime we just know it does through experiments

When one speeds through space time slows down
When one approaches mass time slows down.

Doesn't it make sense that mass itself is warped spacetime? The increased density of spacetime in both cases causing time to slow down.

As I was trying to point out you don't separate spacetime which is exactly what your attempting to do.

Now your almost right when you said they depend on each other and the faster you move through space the less you move through time. But that isn't why mass causes gravity. Mass warps spacetime causing it to curve into geodesic. The curved spacetime is what we perceive as gravity. What we do not now is how mass warps spacetime we just know it does.

If we can figure out how mass effects spacetime that opens the door from warp drives to time travel if it's possible all at all we just don't know.

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Apologies, I know this is not the right topic for this.
I tried to give this message elsewhere but was instabanned.
I am new here and find ATS properly difficult to navigate.
This is what I was banned for...

It is important to keep balance while falling
The Rabbit Hole Never Ends

oahy ents Quaunts tehse sey

Say that a few times and see what happens

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 04:18 AM
link   
i do

a reply to: SolBourn

posted on Nov, 12 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Quantizing general relativity. Enjoy. Don't ask me about it because as one commenter said in this video's comment section: "I feel like a dog watching humans talk."

edit on q000000271130America/Chicago0303America/Chicago11 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2023 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Back to the topic of this thread, Chae's paper saying alternate theory of gravity MOND is correct, and Newtonian gravity is incorrect at small accelerations. A big supporter of MOND for many years, Dr Banik just wrote a paper refuting Chae's findings. His own paper (with collaborators) says that simply applying quality checks to Chae's data makes the support for MOND go away completely, and his paper shows MOND is excluded to a significance of 16 sigma. This is huge coming from such a big supporter of MOND, or at least he was before this.

HUGE blow for alternate theory of gravity MOND

originally posted by: RussianTroll
The work of the Korean researcher was publishedin the most authoritative The Astrophysical Journal, that is, it has passed all possible checks and does not contain the slightest inaccuracy.
In light of the new paper by Banik et al, this claim really looks ridiculous. Banik found that Chae failed to use Bayesian statistics which are best for this kind of analysis, and also failed to exclude data that had excessive uncertainties by applying quality checks. After applying the quality checks to the data, the result claimed by Chae vanishes completely, and the data support Newton's gravity. Not only that, but this is coming from a long-time supporter of MOND!

posted on Nov, 14 2023 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

Niet.

posted on Nov, 18 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Thanks.
The longer out of school, have to adjust subjective reality to compensate for the release notes of new discoveries. One has to wonder how most of the great things we invented in the last century, that were forced to run through the scientific gauntlet to be accepted.... ever worked?

posted on Nov, 26 2023 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Great read and I will look into this more.

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   

I also heard that things can travel faster than light speed and if this is true that blows my mind. that fundamentally changes our understanding of reality. here's a link to an article if anyone is interested

www.scientificamerican.com...
edit on 29-11-2023 by ForestSpirit12 because: added link to article

posted on Nov, 29 2023 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ForestSpirit12

I also heard that things can travel faster than light speed and if this is true that blows my mind. that fundamentally changes our understanding of reality. here's a link to an article if anyone is interested

www.scientificamerican.com...
Don't believe everything you hear. And your source is 12 years old! This was resolved about a decade ago.

The scientists had a loose connector on their equipment. When they fixed that, the neutrinos were found to be traveling at light speed, not faster than light.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join