It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Optus 2nd largest telco in Australia is down nationwide.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Optusis down nationwide, no internet or phone network at all. This is Australia’s second largest provider.

This affects a lot of businesses, where electronic Paymenrs are down.

It has impacted signalling on train lines and has caused severe disruption to the train networks.

What a way to temporarily disable disable society.

Who knows what this means.

www.abc.net.au...

www.news.com.au...

edit on 7-11-2023 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick
It probably means your country is hours away from a mega riot by deranged tiktokkers and instagrammers.
Withdrawal usually sets in after a day,then the mouth foaming starts.

If the internet remains unconnected-full cannibal apocalypse by day 5.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I woke up this morning to no phone or internet service, was thinking is WW3 kicking off already? There where still people using their phones when I got down the shops so it was just a network carrier thing. The service was back on a bit after lunch time.

There have been times in the past where the network would drop out for an hour or two late at night as upgrades go on, been a few years since I noticed it last time.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

It's nothing unusual. Happens from time to time in Poland too though not as often as in the past. It's not a total outage either. Just the internet lagging but phone calls are working. And it doesn't last long.

I remember the outage of my ISP 12 years ago. It lasted almost two weeks. The phones weren't working unless the network was manually changed to GSM. Still the outage was local, only my area was affected.

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 04:42 AM
link   

edit on 11/8/2023 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Identity of ‘third party’ that brought down Optus network revealed

The blame is getting pushed on some single person who screwed up on another telco with the router lists. One thing that is really weird with this new story is the growth in new customers as things go back online.

A lot of people where quick to jump to a new carrier when Optus fell, where did these new ones come from and why so quick after such an incident? Doing some load testing?

The Optus source added that the software update occurred at the Singtel Internet Exchange, not on the Optus network.

It is a concern that a single facility in Singapore brought the whole Optus network down. Got me thinking about going back to Telstra, bit more expensive but a bigger, stronger network in Australia. Once Singtel was back online:

The changes meant technicians had to be deployed to key locations across the country to access routers that had gone offline so that they could restore services, which delayed restoration.

Since this event, I have have trouble accessing the ATS and beforeitsnews.com website at times. Can access other sites ok.

new topics

top topics

join