It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another step on the road to us all becoming cyborgs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 01:01 PM
link   
So it seems lately that barely a month goes by wityhout some new thing in the field of interfacing the nervouis system with computers.

This guy had Parkinsons that made it almost iimpossible for him to walk.
The video is a stunner! Proper life changing this tech looks like.

source

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Truly the age of "The Bionic Man" eh?

I wonder how sensitive the equipment is to EMF and whether that may cause issues at unfortunate moments.

Thanks for sharing, I must get one of these gizmos for my sister's boyfriend, perhaps he'll get his ass of the sofa once in a while.

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

Truly the age of "The Bionic Man" eh?

I wonder how sensitive the equipment is to EMF and whether that may cause issues at unfortunate moments.

Thanks for sharing, I must get one of these gizmos for my sister's boyfriend, perhaps he'll get his ass of the sofa once in a while.

A tazer might work for that or just a water pistol

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
A tazer might work for that or just a water pistol

I was thinking more about accidents rather than assault, but hey, while we're out there, how about a short circuit while swimming to create a high frequency spasm stroke that gets a new world record. Or a system to paralyse the whole body minus the eyes and a trigger finger.

On a sidenote, "The Six Million Dollar Man" sounds like a bargain compared to what this kind of stuff could actually cost.
edit on 6/11/2023 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 03:18 PM
link   
They've invented artificial skin now too

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: NoviceStoic

That looks really neat
the sensors in it got to me

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Finally a tranny I support.

it's time to Chrome out Chooms.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:20 AM
link   

That's great news ,hopefully they can eventually repair sight in those of us who have lost their vision

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I've been playing it too much, nearly called somone out for a gonk move the other day

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: OzBiker

I remember thinking we would have that years back after a study showed that the brain would make its own connections to wires from a camera inserted into the visual cortex...still waiting though

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Very very cool. This is the stuff that makes me hopeful for the human race

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoOneButMeAgain

Very very cool. This is the stuff that makes me hopeful for the human race

Yeah its way easier to get excited about stuff like this for me than whether some billionaire gets his fat a### into space

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 07:13 AM
link   

So it seems lately that barely a month goes by wityhout some new thing in the field of interfacing the nervouis system with computers.

Yeah, thanks but no thanks, people with these kinds of diseases can regain their health naturally simply by going on the carnivore diet. People have gone from bed and/or wheelchair bound to walking and carrying on a normal life.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: tanstaafl

Yeah, thanks but no thanks, people with these kinds of diseases can regain their health naturally simply by going on the carnivore diet. People have gone from bed and/or wheelchair bound to walking and carrying on a normal life.

Well if it works for you go for it

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl
Well if it works for you go for it

It has worked for a whole lot of people...

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Chip and wire me up.
Would love some extra ram, 10 TB SSHD and neuro link access to internet search functions, no more mind blanks, dictionary or theasurus. Upgraded Alienanon version 0.666.

Bionic body parts may be kool too night vision, zoom eye lenses.
Boston Dynamic legs and go go gadget arms.
edit on 7-11-2023 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Tech through your blood vessels, may be a less detrimental implant than the horror stories I have read of Neurolink.
All good Elon wants a human volunteer.
How many monkies died in short periods during the animal trials?

CNBC - Synchro - Bezo and Gates possible safer alternative than Neurolink

The Synchron Switch is implanted through the blood vessels to allow people with no or very limited physical mobility to operate technology such as cursors and smart home devices using their mind. So far, the nascent technology has been used on three patients in the U.S. and four in Australia.

Synchron's BCI is inserted through the blood vessels, which Oxley calls the "natural highways" into the brain. Synchron's stent, called the Stentrode, is fitted with tiny sensors and is delivered to the large vein that sits next to the motor cortex. The Stentrode is connected to an antenna that sits under the skin in the chest and collects raw brain data that it sends out of the body to external devices. 

Intresting off to do further reading...

edit on 7-11-2023 by aliensanonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: aliensanonymous

Wow haha thats nuts!

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Judging by many of the comments on these Boards nowadays, it appears we already have fully wired up cyborgs operating at ATS.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: covent
Judging by many of the comments on these Boards nowadays, it appears we already have fully wired up cyborgs operating at ATS.

And some definitely need to check their antivirus!

<<   2 >>

join