It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Smith’s Case Against Trump Is Collapsing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 08:26 AM
link   
My oh my can that be true? Whenever I read stuff in the press that a US prosecuter is a clean sheet as like James Comey was a Republican I get my bunny ears up. Read up on Merrick Garland.

Decades ago when I was interviewed by CNN on a DOD fraud investigation they asked me as to what I thought about how the US Department of Justice was handling the case. I responded you mean the "Department of Injustice"

So if this guy has garbage evidence or none at all on Trump even though I think Trump cant get out of his own way this is about USA and justice for all. IMO as I have been through the federal "grinder" I get how it works. Assumming they cant get you they put so much pressure on you that you will commit sucicide. That happened with my partner decades ago. He was so despondant about the level of corruption at the Congressional level he took his life with a shotgun in his mouth. How it that? He gave them under oath all the black book evidence and they lost it and closed the investigation down.

Jack Smith's Case

Relating to Mr. Jack Smith, IMO if this story is true he needs to go to Gitmo, be given a military tribunal and worse.

ederal prosecutors have quietly withdrawn subpoenas seeking records from former President Donald J. Trump’s 2020 campaign and the Save America political action committee.

This indicates a possible slowdown or closure of the investigation into whether Trump’s political operation violated any laws by making baseless claims of election fraud to raise money.

The investigation was focused on potential violations of federal wire fraud laws in fundraising efforts

edit on 04 13 2023 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

perhaps he can take this to civil court and come up with some obscure ruling from a corrupt judge and squeeze some more cash from Trump.

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 08:48 AM
link   

This is all for show and to cast doubt on Trump. They don't really care if he's guilty, they care how it looks so close to the 2024 elections. Funny how they been after him for years and he's still walking around and living rent free in their heads 24/7.

If we truly had a justice system, half the Democrat party would be behind bars.....along with their RINO buddies.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

The case was built on a house of cards. It isn't supposed to stand any longer than it is needed.

Trump has done something no other president in history has done. He has shown the American people how deeply corrupt their federal and state governments truly are.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Then we have the people that support this.

Either they are just too stupid to realize that Trump is getting railroaded or they don’t care that he is getting railroaded.

Their hurt feelz run so deep, they would sell their mothers to see Trump behind bars.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

Either they are just too stupid to realize that Trump is getting railroaded or they don’t care that he is getting railroaded.

Their hurt feelz run so deep, they would sell their mothers to see Trump behind bars.

I think the railroading part is what gives them the chub. They are monumentally stupid in that they cheer this on, not realizing the pandoras box of idiocy they are opening.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I think the railroading part is what gives them the chub. They are monumentally stupid in that they cheer this on, not realizing the pandoras box of idiocy they are opening.

The curse of unintended consequences will always come back to bite one in the ass.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Relating to Mr. Jack Smith, IMO if this story is true he needs to go to Gitmo, be given a military tribunal and worse.

Why? We know for a fact that the "Election Defense Fund" was never really a thing and instead this money was going into the pockets of Trump and his friends.

If Smith looked into it and decided there's a chance the case wouldn't come back with a conviction he's going to drop it.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Moon68

originally posted by: network dude

The curse of unintended consequences will always come back to bite one in the ass.

that's the result of a lack of vision.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Every December and June, special counsels have to go to the US House and get approval for more money to keep their investigation teams funded.

If the request from Jack Smith this later this month.. or early next month for a few million dollars for the first 6 months of 2024 is approved by the house, red lights need to flash.
😳

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Which case is this, the One prosecutors and the media are falsely portraying as an insurrection?

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

Special counsels don't receive funding from Congress. There's an account managed by the Treasury that handles the funding of special counsels that Congress has no control over.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Well you know since it was a turncoat election to reverse Democrats being "Blue" since Lincoln that the Biden was a Republican. He(Biden/Pence) also as a 'worker party' gave the US what a taste of Nazi in office is and D. J. Trumps biggest problem was not being pardoned for his role/duty as president... Meaning the retaliation is likely no pardon for Who Bernie Sanders might have loved to called the: Koch brothers.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

So you are saying that the House (we the people, our taxes) don't actually control those purse strings?

Seems like that wouldn't be constitutional to me.

The democrats did something hinky after the Clinton impeachment Starr the independent counsel. I didn't follow along, but now they arent as independent. How did the funding rules change with that change. It looks to me like 'Special Counsel' is just a tiger team in the DoJ with an outside prosecutor brought it. Not as independent as it once was.

Starr looked high and low for crimes against Clinton. Now we have the same in Smith, only it's not against a sitting POTUS, its against a candidate. That surely feels like election interference to me. Not independence in the slightest.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

The Department of Justice Appropriations Act of 1988 established a permanent indefinite appropriation for special counsels that would be paid for by the Treasury.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Like so many other functions in our government, the special counsel needs to have their funding approved by Congress specifically the US House.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: crowf00t

I do know that the see I eh didnt want Trump or Hillary elected before the 2016 election. Could be payback?

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:21 AM
link   

There are so many I cant keep up. So he inflated value of his assets? Thats an offense? If he did the local, county and states would have taken in more revenue as in property taxes.

Something way out of whack here.

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Exactly

posted on Nov, 1 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

If Smith looked into it and decided there's a chance the case wouldn't come back with a conviction he's going to drop it

A nothing burger

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join