It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative and Labour MPs sacked and suspended over ceasefire and peace comments

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2023 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

And something that has been posted before

www.thenational.scot...

A HUGE majority of Brits support a ceasefire in Israel and Palestine, putting them at odds with the UK Government and Labour according to a new poll.

posted on Nov, 7 2023 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Leviathan4

Polls?

Here's another one:

yougov.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 8 2023 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Polls?

Here's another one:

yougov.co.uk...

That's an interesting poll.

Let's see what it says when asking asking which side you sympathize most (2,574 asked)

21% Israel
17% Palestinian
29% both
33% don't know

It didn't ask whether they are in favour or against the war. But I think that's clear from the other poll

A HUGE majority of Brits support a ceasefire in Israel and Palestine, putting them at odds with the UK Government and Labour according to a new poll.

If you take the first three answers you understand that people have sympathy for one or the other or both showing precisely why it's very likely most people to be against the continuation of the hostilities.

posted on Nov, 27 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   
It looks like isn't going well for the labour party at the moment.

I didn't know representatives can be cancelled because of their political views. That's new...
edit on 27-11-2023 by Maximus3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maximus3
It looks like isn't going well for the labour party at the moment.

I didn't know representatives can be cancelled because of their political views. That's new...

Yes they can be cancelled and they will be cancelled for any reason the establishment wants them to be cancelled and not just the the war in Gaza.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

The only evidence is that some agitators, many of whom are lefties and Muslims, are against the war, and a lot of them are against Israel.

You have no evidence, at all, that the majority of Brits ( many millions, by the way) might be against the war.

Most Brits, that I actually know, regard Hamas as a terrorist abomination and condemn October 7th.

Cue Celtic fans and etc......

You are forgetting about the Jewish people also against this conflict. Remember 'Not in our name" slogan?

That's notable and shows how wrong the war is. Not everyone is on the same wavelength.

posted on Nov, 28 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CaptainX

Any political party can admit, refuse or expel members as they see fit.
I would presume that it all depends on their own party procedures and rules etc.

Nothing stopping those who have had the whip taken from them or who resigned etc forming their own party with their own manifesto that aligns with their opinions.

ETA.
This has all been pointed out to you before.
edit on 28/11/23 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join