It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excorcist Priest Warns Stay Away from Occult and Ouija Boards

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 09:49 AM
link   
A good read before Halloween. Don't go playing with the occult and spirit boards that are so popular this time of year Long but good article. Click on the link to read the whole thing. Worth the time. Probably all of us already know this, but it's worth a reminder!! The priest discusses different occult things and different levels of exorcism, etc etc

Angels, demons, spirits and souls do exist,' says exorcist priest who warns against Ouija board use

Excorcist Priest Warns Stay Away from Occult and Ouija Boards

Ouija boards and other attempts to converse with the dead are spiritually dangerous practices that should not be viewed as innocent fun, an exorcist priest told Fox News Digital.

"We too often forget that there is much more to this world than meets the eye," Fr. Dan Reehil told Fox News Digital. "Angels, demons, spirits and souls do exist and they can have an impact on our life."

Rehill is a priest of the Diocese of Nashville. In 2018, he received exorcism training at Ateneo Pontificio Regina Apostolorum in Rome, and was installed as the exorcist of the Diocese of Nashville that same year.

An exorcist, said Reehil, "is a priest chosen and installed by a bishop to exercise the office of deliverance ministry. Exorcism is a specific form of prayer that the [Catholic] Church uses against the power of the devil."

The Catholic Church distinguishes between two forms of exorcisms, said Reehil. Exorcisms are either "major" or "minor."

"A major exorcism is performed only for one, who is demonstrably possessed by a demon or demons, and may only be performed by a priest the bishop has specifically permitted to do so," said Reehil.

Conversely, a minor exorcism is associated with sacraments and blessings, said Reehil.

"Demonologists distinguish three levels of demonic incursion," explained Reehil. These three levels are temptation, obsession (which is also called "oppression") and possession.

Temptation, said Reehil, is something experienced by everyone.

Obsession is "when demons torment people physically, spiritually, mentally or emotionally, or some combination of these."

Possession, which is arguably the most well-known of the three levels, is when a demon or demons "take physical possession of a person's body and make use of its faculties," said Reehil.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   
"Should not a people consult their [living] God? Why should they consult the dead on behalf of the living?" Isaiah ch8 v19

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I would take everything the exorcists say with the grain of salt. For the Catholic ones even reading "Harry Potter" is dangerous. It's the method to keep the faithful in line so that they don't entertain controversial ideas which might lead them astray or worse, make them question what their spiritual leaders preach. God forbid! Appeal to fear usually works.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 10:23 AM
link   

This stuff really does make me laugh, mainly because people actually believe this horsesh*t.

I've posted this many times before, but way back in the day, a bunch of us were using a Quija board during a sleepover and the pointer would 'move' seemingly by magic with our fingers on it.

We asked the usual teenage questions about love, death, 'when will i get laid', etc. I asked what was supposed to be my 'grandmother', questions only I knew. And wow - sure enough, the pointer got everything right. So my nana was there!

Well, when I swapped off the pointer and others kept going with questions, AND my nana was 'still in the room' - any questions the group asked about me were wrong. Then, I asked outloud, "How many fingers am I hold up?", which were hidden behind my back. Wrong every time.

Why? Because the group of people couldn't see them. The entire thing is subconciously driven by you and you alone.

It's utter bollocks.

So - nothing to fear, but fear itself, sheeple.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 10:38 AM
link   

oh this is such a great episode

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Stay away from the occult, Ouija boards.....................And priests.

edit on 30-10-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

I used to think that. Then I learned my lesson.
Now I stay away from anything that could even remotely be considered 'occult'.
I won't even as much as watch that Bettlejuice movie on TV anymore.
I learned that demons are real ... and I won't tempt them.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I recommend staying away from it. I did try it once with a group of friends, no one really interested, nothing really happened. Do not want to try it again after that though.

Do know people who have gotten deeper into it, bad mojo for some. Can bring in a lot of confusion and other problems.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I won't even as much as watch that Bettlejuice movie on TV anymore.

You are joking, yes? You know that's a silly, humourous film and not actually real, right?

I learned that demons are real ... and I won't tempt them.

The only real demons are the ones we make for ourselves in our own heads. I've never seen one, heard one or experienced one. And I've asked many, many times in my life and never once has one materialised or caused me grief.

So, I think those that see or experience demons are people facing their own personal obstacles.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Yeah, well superstitious priests aren't well versed in the ideomotor reflex.

Your unconscious is moving the planchette. It filters through to what "the most apparent" answer is. Like a google search of the collective mind. This is built on collective knowledge of all participants.

Two things can't work without that unconscious/physical connection, oujia boards and neopagan crystal pendulums. There's nothing "supernatural" there. It's unconscious. Even the demonic possession/poltergeist parts. Like you're Brahma and you manifest all these mind avatar thoughtforms to knock crap over.

Super-repressed egotistical people can create some amazing poltergeist phenomenon too. Like corner a mental trauma (like a split personality psychological demon) that doesn't want to come out and watch that cornered person break every light bulb in the room.
edit on 30-10-2023 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:03 AM
link   
When I was a kid the boards were common Xmas or birthday presents, most kids I knew (and myself) had one. We'd "talk" to famous people like President Lincoln, stuff like that, just fun stuff.

Later in life I tried transcendental meditation (which does do what it claims to), and decided maybe I'd have luck using the board by myself after meditating, maybe be more open. Nothing.

Past few decades I've been involved in paranormal investigating. My group didn't allow ouija boards, not so much because bad things might happen but because it would make us look amateurish in the eyes of our clients.

Because I've seen and heard things investigating, I have an open mind about the board. But I wonder if a lot of the stories are just the power of suggestion, expectations or just attributing unrelated things to use of the board

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoOneButMeAgain
You are joking, yes? You know that's a silly, humourous film and not actually real, right?

I used to love it. Now I won't watch anything that has to do with the supernatural.
Not even made up comedy.

I
The only real demons are the ones we make for ourselves in our own heads.

I used to think that. Now I know better.

I've never seen one, heard one or experienced one.

Count yourself lucky. I have. And I never want to again.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33
Yeah, well superstitious priests aren't well versed in the ideomotor reflex.

It's not superstitious to know that if you are inviting spirits to use your energy to move things and communicate, then you are asking for trouble. You don't know who or what will show up and take you up on the offer to use your energy.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: vlawde
When I was a kid the boards were common Xmas or birthday presents, most kids I knew (and myself) had one.

Yeah I got one as a kid - birthday or Christmas gift or something like that. They were sold in the toy sections in department stores. But they aren't toys. They are devices that are used when inviting spirits. They are occult and dangerous. Most people will use them and have nothing happen. But.... only 'most'. Invitations get answered.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I feel the same way about CE5 summoning of UFOs as I do about Ouija boards.

Summoning them is what we need to stay away from. Calling out to them. Asking them inside.

edit on 10/30/2023 by MoreCoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:21 AM
link   

I will go on record and say the majority of the world has the "inviting in spirits" viewpoint reversed.

I think you create them. Like a Tulpa. Over time, through absolute affirmed belief these thoughforms are manifesting. You force open the channel. Create workers of tasks, and if you unwittingly task them to be demonic through fear, that's what you'll get.

That's why I think they are always progressive and escalating. You don't get possessed by your own belief overnight. You could have made it benevolent if you wanted. Golem if you're Jewish, and If you care about Islam, Jinn.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   
spam removed
edit on Oct 30th 2023 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Degradation33

I will go on record and say the majority of the world has the "inviting in spirits" viewpoint reversed.

I think you create them. Like a Tulpa. Over time, through absolute affirmed belief these thoughforms are manifesting. You force open the channel. Create workers of tasks, and if you task them to be demonic that's what you'll get.

That's why I think they are always progressive and escalating. You don't get possessed by your own belief overnight. You could have made it benevolent if you wanted. If you care about Islam Jinn go here.

The dark side of intention-manifestation?

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Like the Michael Crichton novel Sphere, given the power of absolute manifestation only to use it to kill everyone with monster jellyfish.

Just keep it an "unknown entry event" until we stop doing that.

posted on Oct, 30 2023 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Degradation33

I believe you are onto something here.

We are summoning UFOs now, manifesting, via CE5 events and Skinwalker Ranch, etc. Strong belief by large number of people are drawing them into this dimension/time/space.

If manifestation and intention are real forces, as I believe may be, as having experienced simple things coming to me, yet miraculous. Why wouldn't we be bringing UFOs in.

I walked away from CE5 experience, I just didn't feel like it was a good idea. Same as my gut told me about Ouija. There is no magic intrinsic in the board. The summoning is what is to be avoided.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join