It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Advice looking over the Edge...Warning.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I'm guessing, what we get back here, is on borrowed time. I've not been successful yet w Mr. Djarms.

If and when we all get back to a normal site...be guarded. REAL guarded. Copy and cut and paste your personal postings in all areas off-site. And be ready.

I'm surmising we get back up to speed, only to go suddenly dark again, without warning. Be prepared IF you get your stuff back.

Those responsible are waiting for us to get some semblance of order...then...YANK.

And heed my warning: never again trust any site. Any. And save, save, save your important stuff to a flash or anything.🤨🤙

Ms
edit on 29-10-2023 by Mysterioustranger2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2023 by Mysterioustranger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mysterioustranger2

Those responsible are waiting for us to get some semblance of order...then...YANK.

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

This is the only part of your post with which I disagree. It's not design or intention. It's a combination of indifference and incompetence in varying degrees. I base this on two decades of experience here, the bulk of that on staff.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Mysterioustranger2

Djarums took some well deserved time to himself this weekend. He’s been busy as hell some things got back up, and I’m sure he has a lot waiting for him when he gets back going.
edit on -18000amp1120232958 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   

title made me think of this,

I been to the edge
And there I stood and looked down
You know I lost a lot of friends there baby
I got no time to mess around

seems applicable considering. oh yeah!

edit on 29-10-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Van Halen?

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

many a night down at the river partying with their tunes blaring.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

When staring over the edge, what's over that edge stares back... That's gotta work here too.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

Saw them support Sabbath on their Eruption tour.

Ozzy was like, wtf?!!!
edit on 29-10-2023 by Oldcarpy2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 11:39 AM
link   

If ATS site is yanked then there is somewhere else to go, that Discord site seems ATSish so maybe we will all end up there.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yeahright

Just out of pure curiosity how much does a Site like ATS cost ??

Like if I Just wanted to buy it out right ?

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Well.... I can't make any new threads yet as had to start all over again... so you should feel priviledged!

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Djarums took some well deserved time to himself this weekend. He’s been busy as hell some things got back up, and I’m sure he has a lot waiting for him when he gets back going.

Right, I'm not even going to bother admin with trying to resurrect my original username for a while.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow
a reply to: yeahright

Just out of pure curiosity how much does a Site like ATS cost ??

Like if I Just wanted to buy it out right ?

There was a thread here last week that went from around $300,000 up to $500,000 if we can take that as fact (?)

I also read that there is a lot to 'fix' as one person described it as buying a vintage car that needs a lot of work...the right price is the price someone wants to pay for it IMO.
edit on q000000111031America/Chicago2828America/Chicago10 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: asabuvsobelow

The content that's posted on ATS is very damaging to certain high level criminals. They have the sites taken down that expose them. Ie gtv.org

By doing the same thing over at discord, we would be making it a certain target for disruption...or worse.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone
I popped in a couple of times, totally agree it's a pretty good message place, but it reminded me of cluttered 1990's chatrooms, just more complicated lol

...so I pray to the digital god's (and whoever pays the bills here) that ATS, as it is, lives long, and prospers!😁

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

This is a good advice if one thinks one's posts are worth saving. I went through several die-slow-death forums and it somehow never entered my head to preserve my "pearls." I once stumbled on one of my conversations I had on a forum many years ago. It was deleted but I found it on internet archive. I was laughing so much I nearly cried. And I said to myself: "Seriously Anna, how could you write such a crap?"

But the internet never forgets. It will remind you of all the silly stuff you wrote, if only on Wayback Machine.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Right, I'm not even going to bother admin with trying to resurrect my original username for a while.

Good morning peeps. I was thinking about this last night. And decided I don't need to reset my old one, but just in case someone tries to (for which I really don't see a reason) let it be on record here, I am not going to try and get it back. (It's "randomuser").

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

No clue.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   

That all depends on who the owners are. If it's most any old website owner, I'd say around one hundred and fifty thousand. But that would be around one point seven million if the seller was Trump.

posted on Oct, 29 2023 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: twistedpuppy

It could be that a lot of people are still very proud of their long collections of ''yeah-buts''

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join