It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ivanka Trump will now have to testify in NY Fraud trial

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ivanka Trump was dismissed from the case months ago. It was argued that she was not a part of the business since 2017 and she had moved out of New York. The state this week argued that she should be made to testify.

Link

Ivanka Trump’s lawyer told the judge Friday that state lawyers had no legal basis to make her testify. “At the end of the day, your honor, they just don’t have jurisdiction over her,” said the attorney, Bennet Moskowitz. A state appeals court in June tossed the claims against her as too old. Ivanka Trump announced in January 2017, ahead of her father’s inauguration, that she was stepping away from her Trump Organization job. She soon became an unpaid senior adviser in the Trump White House. After her father’s term ended, she moved to Florida.

This is not a good one here. I understand that they may call his sons but this is just to piss him off and hopefully violate his gag order. I would if I was him. Going after someones daughter that has nothing to do with this?

I could see this in the 80's Soviet Union. NK. China. Nazi Germany...but this is going too far.

What could she possibly provide that would turn the tides AFTER it was announced she did not have to testify. They knew all along they would do this just to try to push 45 over the edge.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

FAFO

It's like they are sure he won't win.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Sounds like they want Ivanka as a "witness in fact", most likely to testify as to her knowledge of the organization's structure and/or operations while she was actively involved with the Trump organization.

Given how long ago that involvement transpired, the prosecution is probably using her to "establish a pattern" of operations and/or verify facts placed in evidence by testimony given by other witnesses.

Just my guess...

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:24 PM
link   

She was always going to be a witness. In fact, she was originally going to be a defendant but the statute of limitations ran out on her.

And why shouldn't she be a witness? She was an executive at Trump Org during the time period being investigated and was lead on some of the projects that have raised questions about Trump Org's financial practices.
edit on 27-10-2023 by Threadbarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

FAFO

It's like they are sure he won't win.

LOL

Win what? This is about how much his fine should be.

The judge presiding over the trial, the New York supreme court justice Arthur Engoron, already found Trump guilty of financial fraud in a pre-trial judgment. The trial will be dedicated to determining whether, and how much, Trump will have to pay for the verdict.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar2023

Sounds like they want Ivanka as a "witness in fact", most likely to testify as to her knowledge of the organization's structure and/or operations while she was actively involved with the Trump organization.

Given how long ago that involvement transpired, the prosecution is probably using her to "establish a pattern" of operations and/or verify facts placed in evidence by testimony given by other witnesses.

Just my guess...

You know its been years and I really do not remember much, any other questions?

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Winning is NY back to pay all his legal fees... Wouldn't that be a hoot?

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbarer

No. She was dismissed as a witness months ago. Read the link. Now they want her back? It is games. Nothing but games. Do you really think Donald Trump is NOT going to go after them and violate his gag? This is a great Friday drop and will make the rounds on the Sunday talk shows.

I would. Come at my me ok. Come at my sons. Ok. My daughter who was previously relived and now since there is nothing credible you want to bring her in. No.

Like someone else said. FAFO.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

He got Stormy to do it....

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

She was listed in the prosecution's list of witnesses that was filed before the trial began.

And you may want to read your own article. She was dismissed as a defendant.
edit on 27-10-2023 by Threadbarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

Winning is NY back to pay all his legal fees... Wouldn't that be a hoot?

First thing he's going to do is appeal whatever this judge rules. Then we'll see if there are any "hoots" or not.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Correct. My point being dismissed as a defendant who they would have used to flip in the the other cases you are following so closely...so why not this one? Put the pressure on her and say something about her dad?

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   

You specifically said she was dismissed as a witness. She was not. She was dismissed as a defendant due to the statute of limitations running out.

The AG always intended for her to testify either way.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:39 PM
link   

If everyone including Trump is so innocent, why all the guilty pleas and why the worry over Ivanka testifying? Seems to me, only the guilty would have a problem telling their side of the story. If she has nothing illegal to discuss, she will make a lousy witness, won't she?

But if we are honest here, we know Trump isn't the most honest man on the planet. Is he?
edit on 27-10-2023 by Disgusted123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   

BFG. I explained what I meant. I am not going to apologize

So, based on your logic, they never needed to indict all those people in GA either because they were all gonna testify. Right?

She can simply not testify when on the stand if she was not a defendant who took a plea like in GA and you hammer this home. Everyone's flipping who plead!!!

This is for show. You know it. I know it. About 60% of the nation I would say know it.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

You know its been years and I really do not remember much, any other questions?

i don't know anything about high finance other than when my credit card has reached it's limit.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 03:52 PM
link   
All she have to do is plea the 5th, she is as savy as her father, she will not be easily intimidated.

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
i don't know anything about high finance other than when my credit card has reached it's limit.

Which has never been done, so I don't really even know that....

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Yup. That is what I was trying to explain. They dismissed her as a defendant so why use her as a witness?If she knows enough to be a witness she is complicit to, right?

She is stronger than her dad and brothers combined...

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

It's a civil case, not a criminal case. If she pleads the fifth the judge is allowed to infer wrongdoing and use that as part of his judgment. I'd be willing to bet that Trump pleading fifth during his deposition played a large role in the judge's summary judgment.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join