It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shroud of Turin, Jesus' name is on it - new technology shows

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTwizzle

When this current situation finally blows over you will be on to the next 'end of times' whenever calamity strikes.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:47 AM
link   

The World and Civilisation have ended a million times already
& always keep going

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FurPerson

Not this time, because we really need this to confirm our bias, my rapture beer is getting warm....
edit on 25-10-2023 by d1methyltryptamine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Knowing it is genuine or not has little beating on adding another relic to the collection.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 05:13 AM
link   

That dating was from materials around the edges from where it was repaired. Your claim has been debunked long ago. Get with the times.

The end time's... No thanks! I see a beginning

Can you point me to the study that debunked it please?

No links, just a name will do.
edit on 25-10-2023 by Notsoinvisiblecorner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BukkaWukka

How convenient, the shroud of Torin is not jesus and never was, it was already debunked many times, but people do not want to believe that they still need to stick to the fake story because it feeds their soul.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Almost every man at the time had a beard and was about that body size, the shroud is a fake or a really old cloth taken from some random cave by Catholics and falsely claimed it was some artifact. Not the first time the catholic church made something up.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Notsoinvisiblecorner

The shroud first emerged historically in 1354, when it is recorded in the hands of a famed knight, Geoffroi de Charnay, seigneur de Lirey. In 1389, when it went on exhibition.

Why would the pope of the time declare, "it is not an actual historic relic"

No need to apologise for being blunt, I have the same affliction

I’m Catholic and I will say that a lot of popes in the Middle Ages were quite corrupt. So I guess it depends on which one said it and what his motives were.

I’m no fan of Pope Francis, or some of the ww2 folks who apparently supported the Nazis.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: InspectorE7

Almost every man at the time had a beard and was about that body size, the shroud is a fake or a really old cloth taken from some random cave by Catholics and falsely claimed it was some artifact. Not the first time the catholic church made something up.

Your reasoning is very poor.

Got any real facts or rational theories?

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: margo6044

How convenient, the shroud of Torin is not jesus and never was, it was already debunked many times, but people do not want to believe that they still need to stick to the fake story because it feeds their soul.

It seems like you need it to not be true, a lot more than anybody needs it to be true.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: blindmellojello

You want me to provide proof the catholic church is a corrupt organization that has lied, continues to lie, and will lie in the future about artifacts and the bible? The fact entire books were left out of the bible because they contradicted the current bullsh*t story they were pushing is evident enough. Why do the ultra religious always get so butthurt when their belief system is laughed at.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Correct. Turns out the cloth has been patched along the way. Depending on where you took your sample thread for testing.

That was one point the team from Sandia made clear.

The Shroud has been dated to the ME from micropollen samples on the cloth. This was 80s technology.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

No one denies it originated in the ME, or that its over 1000 years old, it just isnt THE shroud.

posted on Oct, 25 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: InspectorE7

Ok.... some other dude was beamed up in a brilliant burst of light that left a negative image on the cloth.

Still a miracle.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 02:19 PM
link   

You want me to provide proof the catholic church is a corrupt organization that has lied, continues to lie, and will lie in the future about artifacts and the bible? The fact entire books were left out of the bible because they contradicted the current bullsh*t story they were pushing is evident enough. Why do the ultra religious always get so butthurt when their belief system is laughed at.

I know they’ve lied cheated and stolen over time.

I’m also anything but ultra religious.

I was just wondering how you made the leap from
“lied on the past” to “I know they’re lying now”.

You’re missing a step in there.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   

a reply to: MoreCoyoteAngels

No one denies it originated in the ME, or that it’s over 1000 years old, it just isnt THE shroud.

So there is A Shroud ? This just isn’t it ?

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels
a reply to: InspectorE7

Ok.... some other dude was beamed up in a brilliant burst of light that left a negative image on the cloth.

Still a miracle.

I like your use of “beamed up”. Some of Gods Angels were up there in a UFO, beamed up the body leaving marks on the linen, did their medical work (that we can’t fathom for another few thousand years) to rejuvenate Jesus, and beamed him back down for the rest of the story.

I like it. Just about what any Christian UFO enthusiast should believe.

posted on Oct, 26 2023 @ 06:04 PM
link   

So what do you believe made the image on the cloth?

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: MoreCoyoteAngels

So what do you believe made the image on the cloth?

My favorite theory is that Leonardo Da Vinci was trolling, but either way the carbon dating doesn't lie.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: NovemberHemisphere
..., but either way the carbon dating doesn't lie.

Well ... maybe. There are questions about the Shroud carbon dating because of the repair work that was done, because of the fire it was in and contaminants from the smoke, contaminants from insect debris and dust through the centuries, contaminants from humans such as grease and perspiration. It has been reported that the patch tested came from the rewoven patched part and not the original shroud part too.

So there are questions.

NC Register

Of course, it is not the carbon-14 method that is at fault, but the linen which is extremely polluted. Traces of fungus and calcium carbonate were found. Raymond Rogers, a very fine chemist who died in 2005, discovered that the sample area corresponded to a darned area: modern threads were inserted in the 16th century, in order to repair this area that had been worn away. Thus, the Carbon-14 experiment is null and void today.

ABC Science

"As unlikely as it seems, the sample used to test the age of the shroud in 1988 was taken from a rewoven area of the shroud. Indeed, the patch was very carefully made. The yarn has the same twist as the main part of the cloth, and it was stained to match the colour," says Raymond Rogers, a retired chemist from Los Alamos National Laboratories and former member of the STURP (Shroud of Turin Research Project) team of US scientists that examined the Shroud in 1978.

"As part of the STURP research project, I took 32 adhesive-tape samples from all areas of the shroud in 1978, including some patches and the Holland cloth. I also obtained the authentic samples used in the radiocarbon dating," Rogers says. It emerged that the radiocarbon sample has completely different chemical properties than the main part of the shroud, Rogers says.

"A determination of the kinetics of vanillin loss suggests that the shroud is between 1300 and 3000 years old," Rogers writes. According to Tom D'Muhala, the president of the American Shroud of Turin Association for Research, the new chemical tests produced "conclusive evidence". "They indicate that the linen shroud is actually very old, much older than the published 1988 radiocarbon date," D'Muhala says.

And, depending on the source you use, the shroud has been found to have human blood type AB on it. So that's kind of interesting. Why would someone make a forgery like this and use human blood, type AB, to paint it with? Although, sometimes old blood types as AB even though it wasn't AB to begin with.

Some other info. Kind interesting. Especially the middle eastern pollens found.

Human and Plant DNA on Shroud - Their sources
One Source Here - Blood on the Shroud .
Science Direct - Says it's blood, but says it's 'unknown species'
DNA Testing The Shroud

SO ... the Shroud is fake?
Maybe.
But also ... maybe not.
It's not settled science.
Probably won't ever be.

edit on 2/3/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join