It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought Experiment - Journey to the Center of the Earth

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BeyondKnowledge3

Just for this thought experiment. I for one do not believe in these theories that are based off whe we have been taught.

I believe that this thought experiment disproves the standard model that we use to consider this.

For me, it defies logic.

Either our math is wrong, or the model of the earth as a sphere with center of gravity is flawed.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I thought it would be understood that beings on both sides are standing on the same ground spinning.

Have you ever ridden on the fair ride: Gravitron?

When you are inside the Gravitron, you are attracted to the spinning walls. That’s how I imagine beings in the center of the hollow earth are attracted to the ground there.

link   
Double post
edit on 22-10-2023 by JohnMarsriver because: (no reason given)

link   
Triple post
edit on 22-10-2023 by JohnMarsriver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I'm thinking you wouldn't reach the other side due to air resistance.

But even if the tunnel was a vacuum, I'm not sure you still could. Know how the Moon causes the tides? The Moon will be pulling on you too. This might cause you to not quite reach the other side and fall back in.

Also the surrounding Earth will be pulling on you, and if it's a perfect sphere all the forces should equalize and let you reach the other side. The problem is the Earth isn't a perfect sphere.

The Earth might be 99.7% close to a perfect sphere, but what if that 0.3% deviation causes you to fall short of the other side by a whole mile?

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnMarsriver

I thought it would be understood that beings on both sides are standing on the same ground spinning.

Have you ever ridden on the fair ride: Gravitron?

When you are inside the Gravitron, you are attracted to the spinning walls. That’s how I imagine beings in the center of the hollow earth are attracted to the ground there.

The centrifugal force increases the faster you get to the outside of a wheel, because the speed increases.
Gravity also increases as you get closer to the center of the earth, so you weigh a measurable amount less on Everest vs at sea level.
So decreased outward force and increased gravity at the same time.
..so the outward force (silly silo) effect wouldn't be as strong as the gravity, so you'd still freefall towards the center.
..I believe dude
edit on 22-10-2023 by Mandroid69 because: addd2

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid69

How do you know the downward/inward force of gravity increases as you get to the center of the earth? By comparing weight at sea level versus on top of Everest? The reason you weigh a bit less on top of Everest is because you’re a bit further from Earth’s centrifugal force from below you.

On the flip side, I was thinking the downward inward force that sticks everybody standing on the earth to it, would not exert a force on those inside the earth because of the vast amount of ground between the outside and the inside which blocks that force.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: GeorgeFawkingOrwell

You would oscillate around the center of the Earth until all your momentum was lost, then you'd have to rely on food and drink from those who weren't silly enough to jump into an enormously deep hole in the ground, until you eventually drowned in the big blob of your own wastes.

edit on 22/10/2023 by chr0naut2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2023 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Dude. Dont ever go parachuting and dump your chute close to the ground, there is nothing wrong with enjoying a little freefall and deploying your main at 5000 feet.

posted on Oct, 23 2023 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Why make a thought experiment?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join