It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to figure out what's going on with the site

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Along with all the madness we've already seen (trolls, 'bots, phonies passing themselves off as the owners, etc), it seems other things are breaking down. In trying to access other threads, I have seen the following: www.abovetopsecret.com...

It seems that whatever the hackers have done, it may be irreversible. SimulatedEvidence and DarkOwner are phonies and are probably the same person. They are trying to pass off as the owners, yet are listed as members with the rest of us who have had to create new accounts. Nobody, including the mods, have any idea what's going on. The idiot owner seems to have abandoned the site and walked away.

I find the whole thing disgusting. The inmates are running the asylum, T&C's and any moderation is completely gone, there are a bunch of troll accounts that have been made, including the two I listed in my second paragraph. I imagine it's only a matter of time before someone (not me) reports this site to some government agency and it's permanently shut down.

It's a damn shame, because for 20+ years, this site has been around, kind of a refuge for those of us who maybe don't fit into the mainstream and feel comfortable talking about subjects here that would get us ostracized in the rest of the world.

I feel like I'm watching this site die a protracted painful death while we all wring our hands because there's not a damn thing we can do but continue the death watch.

If all of this is a conspiracy or someone's idea of a joke, it's beyond appalling. I guess there are those who don't care if this site becomes another 8chan or something like that. I don't see the purpose of doing a conspiracy that takes down an entire website, but I guess it has happened before. RIP ATS.

MOD NOTE
THREAD CLOSED
edit on Mon Oct 30 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 04:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 04:32 PM
link   
It's such a shame to see what the management of this site has allowed to happen.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: theBEASTlives
ATS has been in the last moments of life for years
I feel like without censorship... we might have a chance at a productive conversation once more.

See those of us in the know don't care, we are fine just sifting through garbage bull#. Lately truth has been too harsh for alot of weak minded people and bots to handle. It's created controlled content and that content doesn't need truth to be prevalent so here we are...

Be offended and learn. Otherwise just go cut yourself for attention how pussies always have.

Oh look, another 'bot troll account! Go # yourself.

(post by theBEASTlives removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 04:36 PM
link   
At this point we are assuming the owners of this site are still alive. Something is very wrong since we haven’t gotten any reliable, or confirmed message 3 days in.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLiveAgain
At this point we are assuming the owners of this site are still alive. Something is very wrong since we haven’t gotten any reliable, or confirmed message 3 days in.

I never thought of that possibility. Maybe something happened to them where they are unable to access the site or communicate. The whole thing is just bizarre.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ChiefDDeux

Israel maybe? Gaza?

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 04:56 PM
link   
ATS died when there were mass bans for no reason at all of long time members.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: WatcherInTheDark

Exactly. F*ck Dorko.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Are we sure it is not a government op to ruin ATS?

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Honestly, I feel like a Salmon thrown in the Columbia River. Gotta watch out for bears.

It's a real mindfu*k. You need to find the things that can't be construed any other way.

Like if you are told "X" and then you see "Y" absolutely contradict that, X becomes invalid. There's been tons of official stories contradicted by observation.

And then you gotta consider what the possible reasons are for conflicting information.

If I had to boil it down to a possible motivation in a single fake quote, it would be:

"You're being children. Im sick of playing nanny. Enjoy the site without moderation if this is how you want to act."

I guess I may have contributed to that.
edit on 22-10-2023 by SheWasTheDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc4

It was a Dorko run op to ruin ATS. Go to the former ATS Discord, several people can verify his intentions with the site.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc4

Pretty sure that would be like #ting on your own sandals - maybe when drunk?

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 05:30 PM
link   

So have I. For 14 years. It hiccups once in awhile. Last time, it puked. This time...Terminal Covid me-thinks...

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc4

No way. This site is small potatoes. The government doesn't give two #s about this site. They go after the big dogs.

(post by malvo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by malvo removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   
tc says don't attack members be careful

posted on Oct, 27 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JosiahPastorUnbanned

It's such a shame to see what the management of this site has allowed to happen.

You are doing something right to make it this far. There is a good head on those shoulders somewhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join