It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wind farms not so environmentally friendly.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Greenies love wind and solar farming.

Reality is turbine blades are made from toxic resins, carbon fibre, fibreglass that will never break down in the environment.

This photo really shows the reality of the stupidity of greenies.

stopthesethings.com...

www.snopes.com...

That yellow dot is a caterpillar bull dozer.
Goes to show the scale of the lies.

edit on 21-10-2023 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2023 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Don't forget about wind turbine cancer!

Weeeeooooo weeeeooooo weee.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Cavemannick

I love how Snopes acknowledges it's all 100% true, but somehow since 90% of the rest of the unit can be reused, it's all good.

Sadly stupid.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Solar panel recycling: www.epa.gov...

Wind turbine blades can be recycled: cen.acs.org...

Cutting and shredding convert huge wind turbine blades to hand-sized chunks. Veolia North America ships this material to customers that blend it with raw materials to make cement.

With few recycling options, thousands of these blades have already ended up in landfills, and more are on their way. Although environmentalists don’t expect the blades to leach toxic metals and poisonous compounds, as is the case with other waste that has been landfilled, “the enormous volume of the blades consumes valuable landfill space,” Cappadona says. Burying the blades also wastes resources. “We should only landfill things that truly need to be landfilled,” he adds. So companies and others have started to look for recycling solutions.

There's always money to be made and the future looks bright because these wind turbine blades will be made of different and more readily recyclable materials going forward into the future.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cavemannick

Reality is turbine blades are made from toxic resins, carbon fibre, fibreglass that will never break down in the environment.

stopthesethings.com...

www.snopes.com...

The manufacturing process for the gear box inside the wind mill is made by and industry that is anything but green.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlongCameaSpider

originally posted by: Cavemannick

stopthesethings.com...

www.snopes.com...

The manufacturing process for the gear box inside the wind mill is made by and industry that is anything but green.

If they are rethinking building materials for the blades maybe the gearbox will be next.

Really Caveman, this does not look to be an issue.

Currently, 85 to 90 percent of a wind turbine's parts can be recycled or sold. This includes the foundation, tower, gear box and generator. Fiberglass used to make blades is also reusable, and can be randomly rearranged, flattened into a sheet or even woven into a fabric.

cleangridalliance.org...#:~:text=Currently%2C%2085%20to%2090%20percent,even%20woven%20into%20a%20fab ric.
edit on q000000491031America/Chicago3838America/Chicago10 by quintessentone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Wind turbines require vast amounts of metallurgical coal to be produced, cannot be recycled, and require vast amounts of petroleum products both for the manufacturing/delivering and lubrication/maintenance.

They kill endangered species including critically endangered species and off shore ones are now also causing whales to die (Shellenberger has done some great exposes on this topic).

Don’t get me started on solar or lithium batteries lol

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore2

Wind turbines require vast amounts of metallurgical coal to be produced, cannot be recycled, and require vast amounts of petroleum products both for the manufacturing/delivering and lubrication/maintenance.

They kill endangered species including critically endangered species and off shore ones are now also causing whales to die (Shellenberger has done some great exposes on this topic).

Don’t get me started on solar or lithium batteries lol

I just posted proof that wind turbine parts can and are being recycled.

The Audubon Society approved wind turbines and remediation measure are being implemented to reduce the number of migratory bird deaths.

The studies I have looked at agree that there is no evidence whales are affected by wind turbines.

A wind turbine that produces electricity from inexhaustible winds creates no pollution. By comparison, coal, oil, and natural gas produce one to two pounds of carbon dioxide (an emission that contributes to the greenhouse effect and global warming) per kilowatt-hour produced. When wind energy is used for electrical needs, dependence on fossil fuels for this purpose is reduced. The current annual production of electricity by wind turbines (3.7 billion kilowatt-hours) is equivalent to four million barrels of oil or one million tons of coal.

Wind turbines are not completely free of environmental drawbacks. Many people consider them to be unaesthetic, especially when huge wind farms are built near pristine wilderness areas. Bird kills have been documented, and the whirring blades do produce quite a bit of noise. Efforts to reduce these effects include selecting sites that do not coincide with wilderness areas or bird migration routes and researching ways to reduce noise.

www.madehow.com...

The lithium batteries are another matter.

Trade-offs people.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone2

I see the trolls are already coming in hot
lol

I should have been more specifics... the turbine blades are not economically recyclable:

While most of a turbine can be recycled or find a second life on another wind farm, researchers estimate the U.S. will have more than 720,000 tons of blade material to dispose of over the next 20 years, a figure that doesn't include newer, taller higher-capacity versions.

Source: Unfurling The Waste Problem Caused By Wind Energy

Re: Whales & off-shore wind turbines: ‘Catastrophe’: Whale deaths linked to wind farms in new documentary

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Compared to horses, the auto and oil industry is the worst environmental crisis yet - caused by humans. Raise your hand to junk oil and autos and go back to horses!

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Not to mention the thousands of birds the windmills butcher daily.These environuts are either in seriously deluded or big fat hypocrites.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Is beyond me when you see people calling for greener alternative, but have not problem allowing real oxigen producing trees been cleared out to plant cement windmills that do not give anything to the environment.

Or wanting fields of productive land turn into glass fields.

Just incredible, the number of green idiots out there that thinks nature is not enough, it needs help in the name of cement trees and glass fields.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: glen200376returns
Not to mention the thousands of birds the windmills butcher daily.These environuts are either in seriously deluded or big fat hypocrites.

Like the Republicans were ever concerned about birds, the environment, or stopping pollution. How many birds are killed by oil spills, deforestation and unregulated pollution each year. Wind farms are a percentage of a percentage of conservative "approved" methods of destroying earth.
edit on 21-10-2023 by convictTrump because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Recycling doesn’t make it green

All industry required to make a wind mill would need to be green I order for it to be green.

Those industries are not.

JHC. Stick a recycling label on it makes people feel good and fall all over each other.

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   

lol

I should have been more specifics... the turbine blades are not economically recyclable:

While most of a turbine can be recycled or find a second life on another wind farm, researchers estimate the U.S. will have more than 720,000 tons of blade material to dispose of over the next 20 years, a figure that doesn't include newer, taller higher-capacity versions.

Re: Whales & off-shore wind turbines: ‘Catastrophe’: Whale deaths linked to wind farms in new documentary

The future holds the solutions in the materials used to produce the blades will be more recyclable friendly. I've also read where painting the blades black and white will have a 'flickering' visual effect to deter birds. They are also working on another sound to replace the 'hum'.

The Audubon Society ok's wild turbines.

The studies I read concur that no evidence exists in whale deaths, rather it's boat traffic/collisions that are at issue.

Trolls aren't as good as they once were - not a challenge - just annoying.

edit on q000000581031America/Chicago3131America/Chicago10 by quintessentone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone2

lol

The future holds the solutions in the materials used to produce the blades will be more recyclable friendly. I've also read where painting the blades black and white will have a 'flickering' visual effect to deter birds. They are also working on another sound to replace the 'hum'.

The Audubon Society ok's wild turbines.

The studies I read concur that no evidence exists in whale deaths, rather it's boat traffic/collisions that are at issue.

Trolls aren't as good as they once were - not a challenge - just annoying.

When all existing wind mills get refitted with flicker paper and unobtanium let me know.

Bird lives matter.

I’ll make bumper stickers.

edit on 21-10-2023 by AlongCameaSpider because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2023 @ 05:48 PM
link   
The sad thing greenies do not get under their koolaid stupor, is that is all about money, greener scam is very profitable for China specially the minerals used on glass panels, globalist democrats' backers behind these scams only wants money, screw the environment.

Is enough idiots out there that will believe anything the corporate media tells them.

Plus is plenty of money laundering getting back in the pockets of the democrats pushing for all these scams with donations to their campaign from all those that has taken tax dollars to push for the scam.

Corrupted capitalism at its fines, green snake oil looks very good.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 02:45 AM
link   

If something never breaks down in landfill, how can it be toxic?

It would be inert.

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut2

Toxic before they cure meaning resins. Sorry

posted on Oct, 22 2023 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: margo6044

Look at all the non compliant glass products for windows that don’t have local compliance certificates.

Cheap faeces from China.
edit on 22-10-2023 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2023 by Cavemannick because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join