It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens when Judge Chutkan jails a former POTUS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 01:58 PM
link   
So, if you follow at all, you know a gag order has been placed on Donald Trump. A former president who is during this case is being tried regarding the rioting on January 6th.

Link

U.S. District Judge Tanya S. Chutkan said Monday she will impose a limited gag order on former president Donald Trump in advance of his election interference trial, as requested by prosecutors.

The gag order, she said in a ruling issued from the bench after a hearing, will prohibit all parties from statements “publicly targeting” special counsel Jack Smith, his staff, her staff or “any other court personnel.” Statements about the families of those individuals are “absolutely prohibited as well.

Publicly Targeting. This is a power trip. No one has been injured. There are no accounts of people being publicly harassed. If you are part of this case the former POTUS does not need to say or tweet anything to cause backlash. They are creating that themselves with the sham of a trial.

The part to watch closely is....will they sanction then actually revoke his bond?

“Of course, the real test will come if and when Trump violates the order,” she said. “Judge Chutkan said she will impose sanctions for violations, but if Trump does not respond to monetary sanctions, she has to be prepared to cancel his bond and jail him at some point.”

The current administration has raided his home.
The current administration has raided his properties.
The current administration has is tying him up in court.
The current administration is moving to remove his business license in NY.
The current administration has gone after his friends.
The current administration has rifled through his wifes panties...I mean...how much more? Plenty?
The current administration had him booked. MugShot heard around the world...where's Hunters?

If you also think The current administration, run by Obama era DC ops, is not involved you still do not see the big picture.

Will they do it...and when? How much would they sanction him with? Would they go so far as to revoke bond for someone simply applying their 1st Amendment right to free speech? His is the leading opposition candidate and The current administration is trying to silence him anyway they can.

No US citizen should be treated like this. None of us.

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Is a murder suspect being tried for murder allowed to show up in court with a gun?

If not, why would a loud mouthed hate spewing madman accused of using that mouth to overthrow the American election be allowed to use that mouth to spew hatred while being tired for that very crime.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Is that the logic you're going with in the provided analogy?

I think you're better than that, but Trump does have a certain effect on people.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Yes, that effect he has on people that you so correctly pointed to. He does. I see lots and lots of people who have been effected enough by him that the willingly donate their money to him, him, being ,according to him, a multi-billionaire. Donating money to him that he is using for his legal expenses. Oh yeah, he does have an effect on people . Shall we go on with the topic of his effect on people?

That effect you brought up is an effect these partial gag orders are put in place for, the effect he has on his followers. Not all are as upright as you I hope you understand.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Terry then can finally feel safe.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Yes, that effect he has on people that you so correctly pointed to. He does. I see lots and lots of people who have been effected enough by him that the willingly donate their money to him, him, being ,according to him, a multi-billionaire. Donating money to him that he is using for his legal expenses. Oh yeah, he does have an effect on people . Shall we go on with the topic of his effect on people?

That effect you brought up is an effect these partial gag orders are put in place for, the effect he has on his followers. Not all are as upright as you I hope you understand.

Nice try but you know the effect that JinMi was talking about.

It’s the effect that causes weak minded, thin skinned individuals to scream at the sky over their perceived hurt feelz that they think Trump has caused.

It’s caused a massive epidemic of mental woes for those people for the last 8 years or so.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:26 PM
link   

This comes off as jealousy more than anything. What do you care how people choose to live their lives and spend their money?

What I understand is that you are in favor of censorship and against the 1st amendment of the Constitution.

The same amendment that allows you to say that you support censorship....

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Calling for criminal activity is different than regular free speech and I think you know that.
That's why the 1st amendment has stipulations.

I saw the speech live that day and it totally sounded like he was calling for rioting in DC, and break-ins, so much so that I knew people would do something big before it happened. Did he technically break the law with anything he said? TBD.

I don't see the harm in the gag order honestly, and not having it could have negative consequences.

Don't worry, we'll still find out the outcome of the trial either way, and if he IS found guilty, I guarantee he'll imply the trial was rigged.

Besides, there's still a chance the trial could be broadcast. You never know.

edit on 17-10-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

edit on 17-10-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:32 PM
link   
What will happen? If it does, if he is fool enough, if he believes himself to be above the law of our courts then some of his followers will be very upset, maybe upset enough to get violent though I don't think that will happen on any wide scale. Maybe a few here and there but for the most part there will be across the internet a loud wailing and gnashing of teeth.

I think the real question here is ''does he believe himself to be above the law of our courts? If he does then why has he even presented himself for indictment. So no, I don't think he will openly violate these partial gag orders because he is at heart a scared little kid.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

I saw the speech live that day and it totally sounded like he was calling for rioting in DC, and break-ins,

It sounded like that huh?

But he didn't say any of that...now did he.

You may sit down now.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:34 PM
link   

oy vey Terry have you tried hiding under your covers?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I was called in for jury duty, Chicago.
Not 5 minutes after introducing herself, Judge Quinn was dissing
Trump, the then current POTUs, conflating him with Duterte.
I made a note of her name, then and there.

We are not supposed to discuss anything we heard in our session,
however I bring this to the table because this is how the rats operate.
They want to be free to gnaw away at the fabric of our sovereign Republic
without any coverage or exposure of their acts. Mind you, this was a Court presentation.
Chances are none of these robed rats would be in such position were it not for their
partisanship, and consensual treason.

Finally, Judge Quinn gave me a bright search light with which to see their actions.

Usually, they use the media to cover for their perfidy and treason, crooked justice and impossible vote counts,
covert and overt fomentation of rioting to secure power, but Judge Quinn laid it bare: This...
as well as being where it ends, is where it really begins.

I stayed for the day long show. While on break, someone apparently went into my coat and took my gloves.
When I left the room for the day, as it was about 20 degrees out and I had a long ride back, I instinctively
reached for my gloves, which were in the pocket. The instant I turned back to head toward the room,
bailiffs flanked me like it was a hot football play wherein I had been handed the ball, and they assured
me, 4 arms spread wide encompassing me, shooing me forward, that I cannot retrieve, or look to retrieve
a missing item , or anything
once I was out of the room.

I was not 4 feet from the door.
But I was out of the room.

I will never respond to a jury duty summons again.

# 1710

the a reply to: matafuchs

edit on 17-10-2023 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I think the real question here is ''does he believe himself to be above the law of our courts?

Depends on context, wouldn't you agree?

The POTUS is very much above the law in many instances.

I think the real question is Terry, is who and under what context do you think civil rights are valid for......

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

Chances are none of these robed rats would be in such position were it not for their

For their what my Fedora enthusiast fren?

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

Certainly I know the ''effect' J was referencing, it has been a long standing meme offered by Trumpians. However, the effect of Trump goes much farther than that . Of course I recognize it. But can you recognize the effect he has on others, others who support him? That is what he is being tried for in this case, his ability to effect enough 'Americans in such a was as to cause them to riot in the nations capital. If you can't see this then I suppose that that outing in the capital will forever be seen by you as tourism.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
There are no accounts of people being publicly harassed. If you are part of this case the former POTUS does not need to say or tweet anything to cause backlash. They are creating that themselves with the sham of a trial.

I will quite respectfully disagree with you.

How about the 2 Georgia women who pretty much lost everything because of Trump's election lies?

How about the people who were injured, specifically law enforcement, on January 6 because of him spewing more lies?

I don't have time to post more right now but his words have done way more harm than most of us understand.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Trump does have a certain effect on people.

A sort of derangement, if you will.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CanadianLoudMouth

So Trump, along with all of the other things you blame him for, is also a sorcerer, an enchanter!

...oh you guys....

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 02:46 PM
link   

opinion discarded

<<   2  3  4 >>

join