It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM Finally Getting It Right

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Finally, the MSM is finally bringing the factual data to the light. Not just the skewed data that shows what they want to be seen.

www.foxnews.com...< br />
We, being those that don't fall for the usual MSM and political blinders when it comes to crime/homicide rates, have known for years that the data shows that the red states are "more dangerous" than the blue states is highly inaccurate.

When you factor in the outliers, the areas that have little to no homicides, you get highly skewed numbers that would point to the states as a whole having higher homicide rates.

But when you factor only by county/city, the blues take the W, by a wide margin.

propertyclub.nyc...

Top Ten Most Dangerous Cities in the Us

1. Memphis, TN - Mayor Jim Strickland (D)
2.St. Louis, MO - Mayor Tishaura Jones (D)
3. Oakland, CA - Mayor Sheng Thao (D)
4. Albuquerque, NM - Tim Keller (D)
5. Baltimore, MD - Brandon Scott (D)
6. New Orleans, LA - Latoya Cantrell (D)
7. Detroit, MI - Mike Duggan (D)
8. Lubbock, TX - Tray Payne (R)
9. Chicago, IL - Brandon Johnson (D)
10. Stockton, CA - Kevin Lincoln (R)

8 out of 10 are Democratic run

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Poverty incites crime.
All I can really say about that.

a reply to: PorkChop96

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

Poverty among other things.

Such as no cash bail, low accountability standards, defunded/low funded police, firearm ownership restrictions(in certain states).

The odds are not in their favor and it has been that way for a while with no help in sight.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

That actually makes sense, math wise.

76.1% of American cities have a Democrat mayor. That's 8 out of 10.

If more than 8/10 were bad we could say they're doing a poor job. If less than 8/10 were bad, we could say they're doing a good job. As it is, it's neither.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well it's also true that the most conservative leaning cities also tend to have significantly smaller populations, and the amount of poverty and crime will usually rise in a larger population by sheer probability, so I think that's probably a factor as well.

But to your favor I would add:
Kansas City is officially non-partisan but slightly left leaning, and has a population over 500,000, and over a million if you include all the suburbs, and had the 8th highest violent crime rate in 2020 according to FBI statistics.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Poverty is no excuse for criminal behavior, and the majority of poor people most likely live honorable lives.

The crimes of the wealthy and powerful are of more interest to me, anyway, as the scope of the fallout is greater.

In any case, I don't agree with OP that MSM gets anything right ever.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Trust me, KC is further left than just "leaning". Pharaoh Lucas is, and will continue to be, the downfall of KC as a whole.

Even if you look at the rates as a "per capita", the big cities will always have that title of "more dangerous".

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Oh, IDK about that. I think stealing from mom and pop and regular people is wrong, but If I see someone stealing from Walmart or Target, or Jeffrey Bezos, I'm not saying anything.
As Mahogany said though, the majority of cities are democrat run, so by simple probability, the majority of high crime
cities would also be democrat run, and it would be weird if they weren't, purely statistically.

a reply to: zosimov

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov

In any case, I don't agree with OP that MSM gets anything right ever.

Well, no, on the regular they are wrong on so many levels.

But, as per this topic in this thread, they are starting to show stats as they are and not what they want them to be.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mahogany

If more than 8/10 were bad we could say they're doing a poor job. If less than 8/10 were bad, we could say they're doing a good job. As it is, it's neither.

Are you saying Democrat policies are no better at combating the root causes of violence, like poverty?

The data sure makes it look that way.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I don't get it. You're actually agreeing with Mahogany and I.

Most cities are dem, therefore most big cities are dem, therefore any big city with a high crime rate will probably also be dem.

It's confirmation bias, my friend.

edit on 17-10-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Per the OP, 8 out of the 10 most dangerous cities in the country are DEM run.

Hard to be a confirmation bias when the data shows it to be factual.

It shows that the Dem leaders, for the majority, are doing a terrible job at keeping their cities safe. IE: no cash bail, low accountability standards, defunded/low funded police, firearm ownership restrictions(in certain states)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So you're saying that the main cause of the crime/violence is strictly the size of the city. The type of leadership has no bearing on these stats.

That's a good one.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   
It would also be interesting to know if the major ethnicity of each city might have a bearing on the crime rate. Racist, I know, to consider ALL factors in predicting probabilities.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Some might view it as a racist request, but it is a pertinent piece of information in regards to city demographics, that can all contribute to the crime rates

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Are you saying Democrat policies are no better at combating the root causes of violence, like poverty?

What I am pointing out is that the crime rates are not related to who is in charge, whether it's the dems or the pubs.

There is another underlying issue that neither side can handle in their respective cities.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

So you're saying that the main cause of the crime/violence is strictly the size of the city. The type of leadership has no bearing on these stats.

That's a good one.

I didn't say either of those things.
The point was pretty clear. You're just trying to twist it and inject things that weren't said to suit your bias.

Other things can be factors too, but I implied that city size is probably the main factor.
I also agreed with Mahogany that most cities are dem and therefore most high crime cities will also be dem.
That's not actually hard to fathom if you can step outside of the identity politics for a little bit.
I think that was the best comment so far, and you guys aren't addressing it.

Most people live past the age of 70, and many of those will get the flu at some point.
That doesn't mean living to 70 causes the flu.

Similarly, if most americans were republicans, and the average age of americans was 980, that wouldn't mean that being republican will make you live longer. Not unless you had a fairly large sample group of democrats who lived the same lifestyles with the same diets who were dying young. Do you understand what I'm trying to convey?
edit on 17-10-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Data is too simplistic. I kinda agree with Mahogany, except for the part where he draws the conclusion that theyre doing fine, you really dont know; if only the mayor ratio is taken into account the data is as expected and Republican mayors and Dems are doing just as bad.

But to really draw conclusions you would need city size, unemployment rate/ poverty rate/avarage income, murder/crime rate and the budget of the city to tackle problems. Amongst others...
edit on 17-10-2023 by ElitePlebeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:53 AM
link   

That is some seriously convoluted stuff you're peddling - try this:

In 80% of the largest U.S. cities, democrat leadership has utterly failed to control crime and violence.

Change my mind.

posted on Oct, 17 2023 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

What I am pointing out is that the crime rates are not related to who is in charge, whether it's the dems or the pubs.

There is another underlying issue that neither side can handle in their respective cities.

and that is what exactly ? You kill me with these Cliff-hanger endings .

top topics

<<   2 >>

join