It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mandela affect internet psyop

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Has it ever been considered that the mandela affect is caused by these different names and logos and stuff just being deliberately changed strictly on the internet...like its just kind of a big joke where someone/people are just changing these things and it has nothing to do with alterate realities or whatever...like thats the first thing that comes to my mind is that its strictly an internet phenomena IDK if there would be a way to confirm/prove this like maybe looking at wayback machine or something?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: matchulinch128

I could swear you made this same thread 2 days ago, but affect was spelled effect.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: matchulinch128

I recall being amazed that people believed that Nelson Mandela had died, when it was clear to me that people were remembering the death of Steve Biko.

Steve Biko's death was back in 1977, and at the time some people whom I'm sure had not ever used Internet forums at that time, tried to suggest to me that I was wrong and that it was Mandela that had died. This was well before there was any mention of "the Mandela effect".

People just misunderstand and misremember things... all the time.

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I wasn't even alive in '77, so I can assure you it isn't Steve Biko's memorial service I remember seeing on T.V.
Hearing my fundamentalist Christian mother crying that Billy Graham was dead was before I even had internet.

a reply to: chr0naut

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I remember other things as well differently. I could've sworn Billy Graham died about 3 different times...

Whatever the case, our mind is connected to more than what we perceive. Deja vu is something just as unexplainable.

I want to add that I wrote this before the previous comment, so it solidifies my Billy Graham comment.
edit on 15-10-2023 by JefeFeesh because: instant proof

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard
I wasn't even alive in '77, so I can assure you it isn't Steve Biko's memorial service I remember seeing on T.V.
Hearing my fundamentalist Christian mother crying that Billy Graham was dead was before I even had internet.

AP News report:

From the 1987 movie "Cry Freedom":

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I wasn't alive in '87 either.
I understand your hypothesis, it's just not true.
I have NO IDEA who this Steve Biko person even is.

edit on 15-10-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JefeFeesh

I remember other things as well differently. I could've sworn Billy Graham died about 3 different times...

Whatever the case, our mind is connected to more than what we perceive. Deja vu is something just as unexplainable.

I want to add that I wrote this before the previous comment, so it solidifies my Billy Graham comment.

Billy Graham only died the once, like most of us.

So, it would appear that you'd rather believe in a world where pointless things relating to brands, fictional character story points, and dates and times of celebrities deaths, are being foist upon us, rather than that our memories aren't what we believe them to be?

I, personally, forget more and more stuff as I age. It's what happens. And I know that something half-remembered gets re-rendered in memory easily, as we all try to fill in the blanks.

edit on 15-10-2023 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 09:20 PM
link   
LOL, we understand the skeptical prosaic argument.
This conveniently does not account for vivid memories, and secondary memories tied to the event.
You don't need to take such a hard line stance about it.

I simply pay attention to the "alive again" MEs, and disregard the asinine spelling and grammar ones.

edit on 15-10-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I think a lot of brand names have had changes due to someone wanting to use the symbol but licensing wont allow it so they change it a bit...also the same with those who produce fakes

posted on Oct, 15 2023 @ 09:50 PM
link   
These are the two unexplained call them whatever you want things that are different that bother me the most.

Biggest Variant:

Passenger mirrors in the United States state: "Objects in mirror are closer than they appear"

I was taught in second grade (1982) that passenger mirrors had the statement "Objects in mirror may be closer than they appear" due to the fact that passenger mirrors were slightly convex in order to remove as much of the blind spot as possible. This was taught to me by my teacher after I questioned her about the how something may or may not be closer.

According to what I am told is undeniable fact, passenger mirrors have always stated "Objects in mirror are closer that they appear" & have never had the "may be" variant. This was one of the first times I was acknowledged for asking a question & told what a good observation it was that I would ask it at that age.

Next Variant:

Kit Kat Bars: Currently have no dash between the Kit Kat

I swear I used to bite the dash between Kit-Kat in order to split it. This started at Owasippe Boy Scout Camp in the summer of 1985. We used them instead of Hershey bars for smores & getting the perfect crack that had the end of the dash on both pieces was the goal of winning who could crack them the best & I found my front tooth would score them perfectly to crack.

According to what I am told is undeniable fact, Kit Kat bars have never had a dash between the name.

There are a few other instances that I believe cannot be explained by faulty memories or regional variances in advertising. If anyone has a viable, logical answer beyond me being insane, I would love to hear it.

So ya...I don't think it's any type of government psyop, and I've been tested so I know I'm not insane.

My 2 cents

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I remember on more than one occasion not only seeing Billy Graham's name and image displayed at the New Year "A look back over the year" obituaries, but seeing his funeral broadcasted.

Many other instances that clearly would not be enough to encourage you to consider a different opinion. Do you believe in deja vu? What about "prophecies?" When I was younger, I could dream or experience deja vu about events in the future. Nothing big, but an interaction I would have.

I recognize when I may interpret or understand something incorrectly, but when my core is telling me something isn't right, I listen. I know sometimes I have trouble believing a reason until I experience it myself.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 05:24 AM
link   
IMHO it is a psyop, just not by us. This is why its skunkworksed. If we cant manipulate reality this wayor that, it shows we're not in control--and the gov wants you to think they are in control.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 05:59 AM
link   
My understanding of the Mandela effect is, that it is a psy-op, based on cherry picked events that are commonly misremembered.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Poorly educated people
In the barbaric hinterlands of America
Knowing nothing of the world beyond their hick town
Believing in media designed to sell them things
Thinking that light from a screen tells them the truth
Believe in the Mandela effect

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

This...Mr. klass...was a great comment!

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

By 1986...I was married 3 times, and had a rock band...everyday now is my mandela effect....

I'm confused! Make it stop!😝

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Dont let the Gov fool you. its real.
thoe They use it to confuse us.
I Memberberries that the GOV said UFO's & alien are not real!
Who would belive that!

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

That's what people.said about conspiracy theorists. Congratulations.

It's easier to fool someone than to convince them they've been fooled. Until there's proof, your statement points the same way back towards you. I know the experiences that I've had, and like I've stated before, you won't try to understand unless you experience it yourself. It reminds me of an armchair supervisor.

posted on Oct, 16 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Poorly educated people
In the barbaric hinterlands of America
Knowing nothing of the world beyond their hick town
Believing in media designed to sell them things
Thinking that light from a screen tells them the truth
Believe in the Mandela effect

I would say that folk's living in urban and suburban areas are often just as poorly educated and will believe whatever is on their media screens as the "barbaric hinterland" folk as you call them. Honestly I would say those things would be more rampant and prevalent in urban and suburban areas as they are more densely populated. And just because someone lives in a large city doesn't mean they are cultured or worldly either.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join