It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Palestine Conflict is an Alley-Oop for the End Times

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Jewish traditions holds that the Messiah will come only if there is a Temple for God in Jerusalem. There has not been a Temple in Jerusalem since 70AD when it was torn down by the Romans. The building of the third temple would initiate a period of time where the Messiah is elligible to arise. A key precedent to the prophecy includes the birth of a suitable red heifer without blemish that will serve as a purity ritual to cleanse the nation of Israel.

Red Heifer arrives in Israel for the preparation of the Third Temple

Christians believe this red heifer was Christ, who purified people by His sacrifice. A large portion of the Jewish nation rejected this as the Messiah, and continued waiting.

Now with the current Israel-Palestine conflict heating up there is a very good chance that this could be the precedent to allow Israel to build the third temple on Mount Moriah, the location of the previous two temples. The only thing getting in the way is that Palestine has the Dome of the Rock among other spiritually significant buildings on Mount Moriah.

I am speculating that this conflict will lead to the justification of a full takeover of Jerusalem by the nation of Israel. They will tear down all the temples of Islam and begin to build the third temple to begin the initiation process of who they suppose is the messiah.

This will be the abomination that causes desolation (Matthew 24:15), because it will be the anti-Christ rather than the Messiah that will be adorned in the temple at Mount Moriah.

People have spoken of the end times for quite some time now, but there has not been a Temple in Jerusalem since Jesus's time. The presence of the Temple is key to fulfill prophecy. The time seems ripe for this to come to fruition. Maintain your focus on this being the beginning of a New World, where death is destroyed and God's Kingdom is initiated. Stay faithful through the birthing pains.
edit on 13-10-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

The only thing getting in the way is that Palestine has the Dome of the Rock among other spiritually significant buildings on Mount Moriah.

That explains a lot. Thanks for posting!

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Sure way to insure an apostasy.

Maybe a sure way to bring forth the man of lawlessness, because this looks like the kind of thing that the anti christ would find very pleasing.

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I'll just throw a link in here without any further comment.
Palestinian Evangelicals in Confrontation with Christian Zionism

Okay, I'll throw a Gospel quote in here.

Luke 12:13 Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”

14Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?”

edit on 13-10-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

I'll just throw a link in here without any further comment.
Palestinian Evangelicals in Confrontation with Christian Zionism

Okay, I'll through a Gospel quote in here.

Luke 12:13 Someone in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, tell my brother to divide the inheritance with me.”

14Jesus replied, “Man, who appointed me a judge or an arbiter between you?”

The arrangement of the Gospel pericopes are to communicate specific theological principles determined by the surrounding context. Thus, context determines meaning. Which in the case of the two Scriptures you posted, the context is a teaching on the spiritual principle of denouncing greed, which is framed by an account of a dispute over family inheritance which was usually settled by a rabbi. Jesus disregards the request to settle a dispute because the impetus of the argument was greed. Hence the question to Jesus being immediately followed by a parable about material pursuits (v. 16-21), which is then followed by Jesus expounding upon His parable by telling His disciples to trust in the Father for their needs and seek His kingdom first (v. 22-32), which is then followed by Jesus’s actual answer to the man at verses 33 & 34.

All of which are meant to communicate the spiritual principle of denouncing greed in the way of a life focused on the pursuit of material wealth. I’m not sure how you are applying this to the OP’s post on building the third Temple, or the Temple Mount, or Palestine.
edit on 13-10-2023 by TalithaKoum because: None

posted on Oct, 13 2023 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Solid post indeed.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 01:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TalithaKoum

I’m not sure how you are applying this to the OP’s post on building the third Temple, or the Temple Mount, or Palestine.

I was planning on writing a total rant about all this: Jews, Christians, Muslims who think of Jerusalem and especially the temple mount as something special. But since this thread is about differences in Christianity then I will answer the narrowest way.

One type of Christian does not claim to own any part of the World as their own. They could safely live in a Jewish State of Israel because they aren't a threat to Jewish claim of land.

Another type of Christian has their priorities all f-ed up. They think they have some share in Earthly riches of a "holy land".
That's really messed up. They should stay away from said "holy land".

And if they really want Eretz Israel to be free of Islam, they should put their money into finding a place for those Muslim Palestinians to immigrate to where they can have citizen rights, not some nonsense of building settlements or building a temple for "anti-Christ".
edit on 14-10-2023 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Well, it's quite obvious Israel allowed it to happen.

It's quite obvious Israel wanted it to happen.

They consider themselves to be chosen, and they want to bring the end times. What's a false flag for them? They'll take half the world down with them just to prove a point.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 01:59 AM
link   

I for one welcome this development, provided the motive is sensible (i.e. Julian's attempt to discredit Christianity), but minus the need to obliterate a mosque. Between a cathedral and a mosque, the latter has a simple and beautiful interior, full of awe-inspiring wonder, while the former is just as ugly on the inside as the outside, it is more about grandeur than beauty.

According to my personal calculations, an Israeli king will one day turn against the Zionists, seeking vengeance, and renew an ancient struggle with their Sages (a war which will last exactly up to 27 years, as before). Jesus appeared on the scene after his departure and took up his struggle in a more peaceful manner.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Lest we not forget that the ant-christ is not going to be a hated perosn by the people, but a loved one.

What out for popular politicians. The next US elections combined with the recent events like the OP stated is interesting.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the replies. Another thing I'd like to add is that in Revelation there seems to be a lot of references to technology that John the writer doesn't quite have the words for. He talks about talking screens(Rev 13:15), flying armored vehicles of destruction (Revelation 9:9-10), and what sounds like implants in our hands and foreheads (Rev 13:16).

Israel's semiconductor tech sector is quite impressive for their size as a nation. I wouldn't be surprised if this really amplifies and they are some of the first to begin implementing these neural implants that begin to do quite miraculous things. Perhaps this would be the source of the anti-Christ's power: brain-chip technology integrated with AI. Could it be able to raise him from a fatal wound? Could the anti-Christ be born to a virgin woman who was given in-vitro fertilization?

Given that the people are surprised and in awe by the Anti-Christ's power according to Revelation, this tech may already be nearing possibility without our knowledge.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: curme
Lest we not forget that the ant-christ is not going to be a hated perosn by the people, but a loved one.

... and right now everyone is hated by everyone else.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

Well, it's quite obvious Israel allowed it to happen.

It's quite obvious Israel wanted it to happen.

They consider themselves to be chosen, and they want to bring the end times. What's a false flag for them? They'll take half the world down with them just to prove a point.

They literally called it their 9-11, i.e. their excuse for conquest in the middle east.

Another type of Christian has their priorities all f-ed up. They think they have some share in Earthly riches of a "holy land".

I agree, Christian zionism is antithetical to Christ's teachings:

"The kingdom of God, Jesus replied, is not something people will be able to see and point to. Then came these striking words: ‘Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Maybe a sure way to bring forth the man of lawlessness, because this looks like the kind of thing that the anti christ would find very pleasing.

"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son."
1 John 2:22

This would certainly apply to the Jewish zionists, who deny Christ as Messiah.
edit on 14-10-2023 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
They literally called it their 9-11, i.e. their excuse for conquest in the middle east.

Conquest of what? Israel has never had plans to take over the Middle East or any part of the world, or to slaughter unbelievers etc. That's the muslims who have that as their goal, not Israel.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
Conquest of what? Israel has never had plans to take over the Middle East or any part of the world, or to slaughter unbelievers etc. That's the muslims who have that as their goal, not Israel.

Specifically Jerusalem. When I said middle east I was referring to 9-11, which is analogous to these attacks now justifying Israel to take back the entirety of Jerusalem and potentially more of the rest of Palestine

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 08:05 AM
link   

"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son."
1 John 2:22

Unfolding fast

And the Winner is

PRAY

edit on 10142023 by MetalThunder because: Carpe Diem

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

So who is The Anti Christ? People suggested Obama but he was too mamby pamby and just not smart enough. Really who in politics has actual charisma? Trump would be the guy that appeals to the most but bad people don't seem overly enamored by him. They're actually more antagonistic to him than anything. We have actual bozos and buffooons running the show. Biden is senile and doddering, Cory Booker is a moron and John Fetterman is a stuttering doofus. And republicans are mostly pretty uptight and gutless. And both sides are almost all on the same team secretly. And the women... schizoid cows almost everyone.
Jesus comes back and he's going to ass kick practically everybody in government and power, The United States and Israel included.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dutchowl

So who is The Anti Christ? People suggested Obama but he was too mamby pamby and just not smart enough. Really who in politics has actual charisma? Trump would be the guy that appeals to the most but bad people don't seem overly enamored by him. They're actually more antagonistic to him than anything. We have actual bozos and buffooons running the show. Biden is senile and doddering, Cory Booker is a moron and John Fetterman is a stuttering doofus. And republicans are mostly pretty uptight and gutless. And both sides are almost all on the same team secretly. And the women... schizoid cows almost everyone.
Jesus comes back and he's going to ass kick practically everybody in government and power, The United States and Israel included.

I'm not sure the person is known yet. He is supposed to be Jewish though, according to prophecy.

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I’m not sure how you are applying this to the OP’s post on building the third Temple, or the Temple Mount, or Palestine.

I was planning on writing a total rant about all this: Jews, Christians, Muslims who think of Jerusalem and especially the temple mount as something special. But since this thread is about differences in Christianity then I will answer the narrowest way.

One type of Christian does not claim to own any part of the World as their own. They could safely live in a Jewish State of Israel because they aren't a threat to Jewish claim of land.

And if they really want Eretz Israel to be free of Islam, they should put their money into finding a place for those Muslim Palestinians to immigrate to where they can have citizen rights, not some nonsense of building settlements or building a temple for "anti-Christ".

You are angry.
I understand.

We live in a real world where, with increasing rapidity, we can’t tell what is real and what is not. What irony. A world where the things that are supposed to protect us, become weaponized against us. Where the things that are supposed to help us, have failed us. A world where the only thing we’ve really proven, is the magnitude of our own ignorance. Why do you think that is? We thirst for wisdom, but we find only flawed knowledge instead. We long to gaze upon beauty, but we only get fleeting glances in cracked mirrors. Why? Why does this seem to be our lot? Surely there is a greater purpose in mankind than perpetual frustration? Surely we have a destination that exceeds reaching the end of ourselves, only to find ourselves standing in the way, blocking any way forward?

As far as the Jewish temple, the truth is that the Jewish tradition in regard to it is divided in dispute among factions. The two main perspectives are:
1. The messiah will build it himself when he returns. This tradition hold that this will be one of the delineating signs that he is the true messiah
And
2. The temple will come down from heaven already built.

Although eschatology is not my specific area of study, I can tell you that the Christian New Testament teachings are quite clear that the true temple is, and was always meant to be, human vessels (1 Cor 3:9,16,17; 1 Cor 6:19; 2 Cor 6:16; Eph 2:19-22). Thus, any effort toward building a temporal temple is an effort in vanity, bordering on blasphemy. For God does not dwell in temples made by human hands, although He briefly condescended Himself to do so when initially revealing Himself to the ancient Israelites. But His purpose for doing so was solely as an object lesson.

As far as your frustrations in regard to the seemingly perpetual conflict in Jerusalem, they are indeed understandable. Unfortunately they will continue, because Jerusalem has been ordained a “cup of trembling” and a “burdensome stone” (Zech 12:2,3). Desolations have been determined (Dan 9:27).

As far as using Scripture to buttress arguments about Palestinian/Jewish relations, perhaps it would be more apropos to use Jesus’s response to the expert in Jewish law who sought to test Jesus by asking Him what he must do to inherit eternal life. Jesus responded by telling the man to love God and love his neighbor. To which the man asked Jesus, “Who my neighbor?” and Jesus replied with the Parable of the Good Samaritan. Jesus told the man that a neighbor is the one who shows mercy, in this particular case, it was a Samaritan— the one group of people the Jews hated more than the Romans. Jews considered them traitors, heretics, and ethnically impure, but Jesus humanized the Samaritan in His parable by making him the one who showed mercy. This would have been deeply offensive to the Jews, who would have automatically assumed that the one to take the moral high road in the parable would most certainly have been a Jew. But such is the habit of Jesus— relentlessly frustrating our attempts at sanctimony.

Another Scripture which comes to mind is Joshua 5:13,14, when Joshua is about to invade the Canaanite stronghold, Jericho. He comes face to face with a heavenly messenger referred to as “Commander of the Lord’s Army.” Joshua asks him, “Are you for us or for our adversaries?” And the angelic messenger replies, “Neither.” The messenger basically tells Joshua he has not come in the interests of the Israelites nor the Canaanites, but in the interests of God. This account reminds me of Abraham Lincoln’s statement: “Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.”

As far as your comment about the type of Christian who has their priorities askew, I agree. New Testament teachings are actually quite clear that a disciple of Christ is dead to this world (Col 2:20; Gal 6:14) and remains a vagabond and alien here until death (1 Pet 2:11), because we are not citizens of an earthly city, but a heavenly one (John 15:19; Heb 11:16, 12:22, 13:14).

As for your comment about helping to find a place for the Palestinians to live in freedom, I also agree. Although I do not know where that might be, nor would I suggest it be anywhere near those whom they so vehemently despise.
edit on 14-10-2023 by TalithaKoum because: None

posted on Oct, 14 2023 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Instead of writing the rant, I put a thing in Conspiracies in Religion.
The Furthest Mosque

As far as your comment about the type of Christian who has their priorities askew, I agree. New Testament teachings are actually quite clear that a disciple of Christ is dead to this world (Col 2:20; Gal 6:14) and remains a vagabond and alien here until death (1 Pet 2:11), because we are not citizens of an earthly city, but a heavenly one (John 15:19; Heb 11:16, 12:22, 13:14).

As for your comment about helping to find a place for the Palestinians to live in freedom, I also agree. Although I do not know where that might be, nor would I suggest it be anywhere near those whom they so vehemently despise.

Yes, I agree, the Christians should follow their own writings.

I would suggest Saudi Arabia and Qatar, since they are freaking rich enough to handle it. The freakin' Zionist Christians with all their U.S. political clout and fleecing of the sheep could put pressure on U.S. politics with lobbying and such. "Put their money where there mouth is."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join