It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US and Qatar reach ‘quiet understanding’ not to release $6bn sent to Iran for now

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Link

The United States and Qatar have reached a “quiet understanding” not to allow Iran to access any of the $6 billion in Iranian funds that were transferred to Qatari accounts last month as part of a deal to free Americans detained in Iran for the time being, following Hamas’ bloody attack on Israel on Saturday, Deputy Treasury Secretary Wally Adeyemo told House Democrats Thursday, according to a source in the room.

Adeyemo conveyed to lawmakers in that meeting that those funds would not be touched anytime soon, according to another congressional source.

The funds were moved to Qatari accounts as part of a broad deal to secure the release of five Americans whom the US deemed had been wrongfully detained in Iran. There were bipartisan calls to freeze the funds in the wake of the deadly Hamas attacks in Israel this weekend.

Well, that will definitely anger the Iranians, but who cares, they can eat a bag of you know what.

It might make them plan some sort of a 'special military op' in retaliation, so the tensions are high. Who knows what happens in the next few months, but this might be a good time to renew our long standing dogma of Peace Through Strength. I don't want war, and I think this might be a good time to increase our military spending and project our strength, simply as a deterrence. But that's another topic I'll create very soon.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Is a lie, some of the money were release as soon the hostage were taken form the Iranian location and in their way to Quatar.

The funds began to be transferred out of the South Korean accounts after four of the five Americans were moved from Evin Prison to house arrest last month. Earlier this month, Secretary of State Antony Blinken approved a waiver to allow financial institutions in Europe to move the money to Qatar without fear of invoking US sanctions.

Iran may no have all the money but they got some, since Sept, 18, US is not going tell anybody publicly about this, the democrats with biden will try to hide the facts.

www.cnn.com...

Democrats are liars we already know how much they lie to cover for their mistakes.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Is a lie, some of the money were release as soon the hostage were taken form the Iranian location and in their way to Quatar.
[...]

Different things. The funds were frozen in South Korea and then slowly transferred to Qatar.

They haven't left Qatar yet. They've been re-frozen, in a different location.

edit on 12-10-2023 by Mahogany because: (no reason given)

edit on Thu Oct 12 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I don't trust a 'quiet understanding'.
So called 'understandings' can easily be broken.
Everything needs to be legal and locked down.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I don't want war, and I think this might be a good time to increase our military spending and project our strength, simply as a deterrence.

Unfortunately that would require the House to have a Speaker and the Senate to push through military promotions. Two things being held up by the GOP.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Is a lie, iran got some of that money in September, now that the heat is on the biden administration they want to lie to the public because most of their followers will drink the Kool-Aid.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: FlyersFan

Is a lie, iran got some of that money in September, now that the heat is on the biden administration they want to lie to the public because most of their followers will drink the Kool-Aid.

When asked about this "understanding" today, the KIRBY guy started banging on the podium and yelling, "The money is to be used for humanitarian purposes inside Iran. NOTHING MORE!!!!"

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:37 PM
link   

it would take a republican in office to rebuild the military. History is your friend.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Nope. The funds were transferred from South Korea to Qatar. The Qatari account has been monitored and no funds have been withdrawn.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

I don't want war, and I think this might be a good time to increase our military spending and project our strength, simply as a deterrence.

Unfortunately that would require the House to have a Speaker and the Senate to push through military promotions. Two things being held up by the GOP.

The Gerald Ford Carrier Battlegroup and the Eisenhower Carrier Battle Group are heading to the Mideast at this moment.

Source: www.aa.com.tr...

What else would make a "show of force" more impressive?

Maybe if we fly a huge balloon equipped with a weapon delivery platform over Iran, that will intimidate HAMAS's controllers like it intimidated Biden!

edit on 10/12/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

House Foreign Affairs Chair Rep. McCaul has called the House GOP one of the biggest threats in the world right now because their inaction is hindering the US' ability to help our allies.

The House can't even condemn Hamas' actions until a Speaker is selected.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Threadbare

I am sure that the real truth will come out sooner or later, it always doo.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

The process is on going, soo, very soon,

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This is interesting, soo, because Iran in September already knew the funds were to be released, they use already funds they have for the funding of Israel attacks.

What a peach.

U.S. Treasury Under Secretary Brian Nelson said on X that the funds that were part of the September deal had not yet been spent and were reserved for humanitarian purposes only. Critics quickly pointed out that the money is fungible, and Iran’s knowledge of the coming money could have impacted how it spent other funds not under the U.S.’ watch.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

The House literally convened for two minutes today before a recess was called. Since then, the GOP have been cloistered away airing their grievances with each other. Which in turn prompted McCaul's comments.

They're nowhere close to naming a Speaker.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare

House Foreign Affairs Chair Rep. McCaul has called the House GOP one of the biggest threats in the world right now because their inaction is hindering the US' ability to help our allies.

The House can't even condemn Hamas' actions until a Speaker is selected.

Oh noes we have to wait for the House to condemn Hamas' actions what will we do?

Our military operates just fine, right now our political leaders are just speaking to different military leaders. Whatever that is needing to be done militarily is being done.

I guess we will see tomorrow if there is wide spread Jihadist movement that the Hamas leaders are calling for

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:12 PM
link   

It will happen soon, still the house democrats want to ram along with Israeli aid package more money for Ukraine, this will make things very difficult for Israel aid.

Democrats needs to keep Ukraine as their laundering money spot.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

I guess we will see tomorrow if there is wide spread Jihadist movement that the Hamas leaders are calling for

God forbid we got something in our nations borders, I am sure they will blame trump for it.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Israel needs to publish more video/photos of the human carnage inflicted by the HAMAS terrorists upon men/women/children.

MSNBC and CNN are bringing on Pro-Hamas guests proclaiming that Israel bombs are inflicting horrific deaths and injuries upon Palestinian men/women/children.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Since when US glorified terrorist sympathizers in the US, this another show who the real terrorist in the US are, the media has become one, hamas knows very well how they can manipulate them, our nation is going backwards if we are airing this terrorist on live TV.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join