It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel says no humanitarian break to Gaza siege unless hostages are freed

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Unconditional surrender and the deaths of every single Hamas member.

Then you can have food and water.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

anyone who pays attention to conflicts of history

That's obviously not you. You think Israel should support the Palestinian population while they're at war with Israel.

Extremely sheltered and privileged outlook on things. We should all be so lucky to live the easy life you have to have lived to be that divorced from reality.

Yes, there is a good side here. It's the side that doesn't go home to home decapitating kids.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There is no winning "hearts and minds" here.

2nd

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Collective punishment is a war crime.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

They were told to leave by Israel but Hamas, who doesn't care about Palestinians, told them to stay

Where were they supposed to go? The Israeli and Egyptian borders are closed to them.

link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
Collective punishment is a war crime.

So you think Israel should feed, provide water and medicine to an enemy actively trying to kill them.

link   
a reply to: putnam6

turn over all coward hamas terrorists be them their husband, wife, son, daughter, son in law, daughter in law, grandson, grand daughter, nephew niece, cousin or abdual and aabidah blow or any supporters enablers, then we'll talk.

edit on 12-10-2023 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think sentencing a million children to death by starvation is a monstrous act that needs to be called out for what it is.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

I think sentencing a million children to death by starvation is a monstrous act that needs to be called out for what it is.

lol

You actually think the food and meds would go to children and not those actively fighting.

lol

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Then Hamas needs to surrender now to save a million children.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   

No one is sentencing them to anything. After living there since 1967 and getting billions in international aid, they should be able to support themselves.

It's not Israel's fault they focused all their resources into killing Jews. Israel is not responsible for taking care of an enemy population.

Please join the rest of us in the real world.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I think Israel and Palestine should adhere to the conventions in which they agreed to
otherwise whats the point of them they arent worth the paper they are written on so much for international laws
if they are thrown to the wind

and both shouldnt bargain with civilian lives
its nothing more than state-sponsored terror and murder while they carry out their agendas

no wars are just or good that is reality, no one has the authority to take another human being's life

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:45 AM
link   

civilians are not an enemy in war
that is why they make definitions of civilians and military combatants

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Just a guess, but I'm thinking you've never served or have been to the Middle East.

War isn't a video game where everyone is easily identified. War is ugly, nasty, disgusting and brutal. There is blood and # and piss and screaming and death.

And Hamas started this war. THEY broke convention.

THEY killed innocents.

THEY have lost any and every right to even be considered human.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Not all combatants are military. Not all civilians are combatants. It's much murkier. You're trying to engage in discussion on a subject about which you obviously know very little.

As I've told multiple people on this, it's perfectly fine to be uninformed on a subject. There are subjects I don't know much about.

Since you obviously don't know anything about this, the smart way to engage would be to ask questions. Many of us here are much more informed about the laws and conduct of war than you are. You could learn a lot, if your mind is open.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 10:02 AM
link   

why would I serve in the Military if I am against war and murder and violence in general?

my relatives (grandfathers and great-uncles) fought in WW2 and specifically forbade my father from allowing me to join the military and follow in their footsteps so that I may be spared from the suffering they endured.

I understand that war/ armed conflicts and military combatants aren't easily identifiable with regard to terrorism guerilla warfare etc.

Both sides have blood on their hands, neither are innocent.

but no one loses the right to be classed as a human being, dehumanising your enemy makes it easier to commit acts of barbarism, and thats exactly what the military/terror group indoctrinates you to do

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

civilians arent anyone's enemy in a war they are civilians the definition is obvious
regardless of your political affiliations or beliefs, by the Geneva Convention civilians aren't combatants
or am I wrong ?

It's not that simple. Civilians can be lawful targets in a war. For example, bombing a civilian factory that produces tanks or missiles is permitted.

It's also a common tactic in war to bomb an enemy's power plants and communications facilities, which are civilian targets, but obviously can be used by your enemy to support their war effort.

That reminds me of a powerful scene in The American President (1995)...

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 10:06 AM
link   

living on an island where the folks on the neighbouring continent have frequently tried it even in peace times, lets not pretend this is not the norm.. the only rule of law is the rule of the big stick.

Britain then the USA used to carry the big stick they no longer do..

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

Powerful except the last line about it being the least presidential thing he does. Typical of Hollywood to get something like that wrong.

Those are the situations where the president is doing his most fundamental duty. That's when we need a president the most. That's his job, to make those difficult, ugly, but in the end correct decisions.

Like DB said, war is ugly. That's why the Palestinians should give up their war against the Jews. Everyone else in the region who has made peace with the Jews has found they can be trusted and that you prosper if you just stop trying to kill them.

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join