It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arnold Schwarzenegger calls for impassable border- demands reform to 'stupid' immigration system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 06:03 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Former Republican California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger joined the hosts of "The View" on Monday and called for comprehensive immigration reform and a secure border.

You are one of the country’s most famous immigrants and a former two-term Republican governor of California back when Republicans were sane. What do you think about the current immigration crisis? What do you think of President Biden starting to build these 20 miles of wall? What’s your perspective?" co-host Ana Navarro asked.

I always thought Arnold Schwarzenegger was never a good actor but he had a strange charisma which was associated with his physique as a bodybuilder and that's why he made a number of movies that made him so famous.

In his interview Schwarzenegger has been very rational and said what a large proportion of the Americans say and think. There must be a very strong border where it is not possible for anyone to get through, he said that's number one for him.

In addition and that's number two for him, every immigrant must have a visa so to be able to work legally in the US, something that doesn't happen as there are many illegal immigrants who get through the border and work illegally. He also said that the US needs immigrants but legal immigrants.

He added that the way the system works (or doesn't work may I say) creates issues in terms of National Security, terrorism, drug cartels, etc. Securing the border is number one priority and I will agree with him very strongly on this.

Finally he said he would have run for president if he has been allowed to run. Certainly better than Joe Biden but still I think everyone will remember him for his terminator movies and not for being a politician. I think he opposed same sex marriages while he was the Governor of California.

edit on 10-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Arny "Screw Your Freedoms" was for all this globalist BS until that sudden fear of being slaughtered in his home by the enemies he let in.

It's almost amusing to see politicians realizing just how bad their policies are.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think Arnold is right, he is down to earth when it comes to the issue of immigration and he obviously listens to what the people are voicing every day, something democrats are not because they do not give a crap about America.

Open borders only invite poverty, crime, slavery in the name of sex trafficking and drugs, statistics do not lie we are seen how crime and drugs rates are growing incredibly.

As an actor I actually like his movies.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Dunno about that from what I see in a simple Google search he had changed his views on immigration back in 2004 pretty much.

Arny being an immigrant himself he can only trash talk immigration to a certain extent. Otherwise he'd be rather hypocritical.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Dunno about that from what I see in a simple Google search he had changed his views on immigration back in 2004 pretty much.

Arny being an immigrant himself he can only trash talk immigration to a certain extent. Otherwise he'd be rather hypocritical.

What you said in the end is correct but clearly his views are logical and accepted by a large number of Americans with the possible exception of the open borders radical left wing lunatics.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
I think Arnold is right, he is down to earth when it comes to the issue of immigration and he obviously listens to what the people are voicing every day, something democrats are not because they do not give a crap about America.

Open borders only invite poverty, crime, slavery in the name of sex trafficking and drugs, statistics do not lie we are seen how crime and drugs rates are growing incredibly.

As an actor I actually like his movies.

The open border policies are clearly disastrous.
Arnold didn't say no to immigration but he argued for reasonable and controlled immigration. I think this is the position of most Americans regarding the political affiliations.

You can exclude the radical left that wants open borders for all...
edit on 10-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

To be honest even the terminator is much more reasonable when it comes to matters of immigration in comparison to those who want open borders for all and mass-uncontrollable immigration.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 12:00 PM
link   

There is nothing wrong with immigration. People who save up, apply for a green card, then rent a home and go to work.

I don't know how anyone can mix up immigration with illegally entering a country in droves, then make life miserable for everyone who did it the right way.

Not only do you not care about anyone who is an American by birth but you also don't give a damn about all the proper, legal immigrants.

All the leftists care about are those who break a society and commit crimes, because they can't and often don't want jobs.
You are literally on the wrong side of civilisation, peace, harmony and betterment of any decent individuals.

There aren't just beuriful brown people coming in.
It's everyone who is wanted by their police, anyone involved in human trafficking and lots of brutal cartel members amongst them.

That's the reason borders were erected in the first place all around the globe.
That's why castles had moats.
That's what any healthy, sane animal and human does.
Protect their peers and make sure no bad beings can get to them.

It is absolute insanity, (borderline braindead), for anyone to ever think an open border is bAUtIfUl 🤪 unless of course they want chhit to happen, enjoy crime and violence and get something personal out of it.
People who thrive in chaos. People who will use chaos to also commit crimes.

No normal healthy mind would ever just let strangers into their established spaces.

As for the illegal immigrants. If you can pay the traffickers, you can apply for visa. Or...sort your own country out. Or ask for refuge anywhere in the world.

No need to invade another country. It's hostile and should be dealt with as such.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

Itsn't that the safest way to allow immigration? with due process, we do have that already, but sadly what we have is an open invasion in the country, no only immigrants but along with them is drugs, crime, sex trafficking, child trafficking and more poverty on top of the poverty we already have, specially taking into consideration that the soo call "sanctuary cities" are full of crime and poverty already.

Is a freaking joke, I challenge any democrat that voted for biden to explain this to me.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

Itsn't that the safest way to allow immigration? with due process, we do have that already, but sadly what we have is an open invasion in the country, no only immigrants but along with them is drugs, crime, sex trafficking, child trafficking and more poverty on top of the poverty we already have, specially taking into consideration that the soo call "sanctuary cities" are full of crime and poverty already.

Is a freaking joke, I challenge any democrat that voted for biden to explain this to me.

They won't be able to explain it to you.
Even among democrats there are many who don't believe in mass and uncontrollable immigration but the party has been corrupted and hijacked by evil forces...

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

I'm not sure if this is directly directed at me... but if so I think you're a assuming here a little. So are a lot of people about Arnold.

For one, he's been a republican his whole life. His views on immigration haven't really changed much and he walks on a fine edge of allowing carrot on a stick policy and just outright complete border control, because he was at one point the foreign guy working on a visa for a long time and went through the carrot on a stick process, which is what the Biden admin has been attempting to do since the covid restrictions were lifted, which brings me to my second point.

The Biden admin kept article 42 intact up until 2023, which basically allows the government to kick anyone out for any reason. The whole border crisis was a result of that, a buildup of people at the border from covid restrictions from people being kicked out or just not let in. Biden kept what Trump implemented.

Third, personally I'm like any other person, the majority don't want complete open borders, but I also don't want to see complete walled borders for trade purposes. It'll just make everything even more expensive and expand the bureaucracy even more.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 06:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Hecate666

I'm not sure if this is directly directed at me... but if so I think you're a assuming here a little. So are a lot of people about Arnold.

For one, he's been a republican his whole life. His views on immigration haven't really changed much and he walks on a fine edge of allowing carrot on a stick policy and just outright complete border control, because he was at one point the foreign guy working on a visa for a long time and went through the carrot on a stick process, which is what the Biden admin has been attempting to do since the covid restrictions were lifted, which brings me to my second point.

The Biden admin kept article 42 intact up until 2023, which basically allows the government to kick anyone out for any reason. The whole border crisis was a result of that, a buildup of people at the border from covid restrictions from people being kicked out or just not let in. Biden kept what Trump implemented.

Third, personally I'm like any other person, the majority don't want complete open borders, but I also don't want to see complete walled borders for trade purposes. It'll just make everything even more expensive and expand the bureaucracy even more.

What do you mean by carrot on a stick policy when you referred to Arnold Schwarzenegger?

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Get Down ! Come with Me If you want to Live ! What , are you my Mother ?

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 07:21 PM
link   

The hosting government dangles an incentive infront of prospecting immigrants and the immigrants chase it in accordance to the governments rules and pathways to immigration.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 07:32 PM
link   
We know it is broken. It has been broken for years now, yet no one wants to admit failure or find a solution that will fix such. However, the other problem here is that the solution is going to hurt, and cost millions of dollars to fix.

Here is the real issue when it comes to immigration system in the US: It needs a lot more funding and a lot more personnel to make it work.

Consider this: There are just shy of 350 immigration judges to cover all of the cases, and they have a backlog of over 2000 cases pending and waiting to come before them.

Now with that kind of numbers, can it be any doubt that the system is in trouble, and gets the least amount of funding to try to do a job that is growing far more impossible to do?

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
We know it is broken. It has been broken for years now, yet no one wants to admit failure or find a solution that will fix such. However, the other problem here is that the solution is going to hurt, and cost millions of dollars to fix.

It's not really broken. The laws are there but they are not enforced. It's the people in charge that are broken and should be held responsible for their inaction.

I'm an immigrant but through legal process. I was fingerprinted, photographed and carried a green card for about 10 years before I decided it was time to become naturalized. That's why my tag line under my name says "American by choice". I'm proud of it, unlike so many naturally born citizens that seem to hate their country. I'm hardly perfect and complain too. I've traveled the world and there are very few places like the USA. Love it or leave it!

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 09:28 PM
link   
So they've let 20-30 million in the last 3 years. Now that they have enough they want a secure boarder. Right in time to start pushing for amnesty.

Nope. Now it's time for a mass deportation force.

posted on Oct, 10 2023 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig

Here is the real issue when it comes to immigration system in the US: It needs a lot more funding and a lot more personnel to make it work.

Consider this: There are just shy of 350 immigration judges to cover all of the cases, and they have a backlog of over 2000 cases pending and waiting to come before them.

Now with that kind of numbers, can it be any doubt that the system is in trouble, and gets the least amount of funding to try to do a job that is growing far more impossible to do?

I can't agree more!

posted on Oct, 12 2023 @ 05:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dogo22
So they've let 20-30 million in the last 3 years. Now that they have enough they want a secure boarder. Right in time to start pushing for amnesty.

Nope. Now it's time for a mass deportation force.

The thing about the wall is that Biden was against it if you remember. It was all an effort by white supremacist and racist Donald Trump...

Three things are certain in this life

Death
Taxes
Biden's lies

top topics

join