It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fmr President TRUMP Says He Will Accept Being Speaker of the House on an Interim Basis.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Congress make the laws and sends the paperwork to the Democratic controlled Senate where it sits and is never brought forward for a vote in the Senate. As far as the Felony stuff that is for a sitting member of Congress and Trump is not a sitting member. youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
Would Trump have enough approval from the House to get the position? I have my doubts.....

Maybe every Democrat would vote against Trump, like every Democrat voted against McCarthy this week.

If Every Republican voted FOR Trump as Speaker, he'd be approved for the position, after a couple of RULE changes.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 01:39 AM
link   
And if we can get past the inevitable, inescapable spectacle of "Trump's Ego Tour Roadshow & Me Fest! 2024™", we might get a few things done in Congress. I say that to mean the focus may tend to be on the man rather than the work that needs to be done, which would be productively wasteful for our battered country.

The swamp snapped back hard, amirite? 😳

Ps - Jim Jordan voted to keep McCarthy as Speaker. McCarthy was in favor of more spending on Ukraine. Therefore?

Yeah....Trump suuuuure can pick 'em!! Lol

Keep that in mind.🤨
edit on 10/6/2023 by EternalShadow because: eta

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 01:51 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I have no idea how realistic a proposition this might be but putting politics aside for a moment this would indeed be #ing hilarious and make for some captivating viewing.

I really hope this happens, if for nothing else just the comedy value.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Oh, yeah. The clown talks in riddles and is chasing windmills...

Some speaker...one who can't....mouth without brain to control

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The GOP are doing a great job campaigning for the Dems in 2024. I really hope they make Trump Speaker. It would probably lead to a record number of seats switching to Blue next year.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Threadbare
The GOP are doing a great job campaigning for the Dems in 2024. I really hope they make Trump Speaker. It would probably lead to a record number of seats switching to Blue next year.

Hate to break it to ya, Trump isn’t going to be Speaker, he is going to be president.

Plan your tears and hissy fits accordingly.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:28 AM
link   

How absurd.. Gop .. you have lost your collective mind.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

.. and you can iron your brown shirt in readiness

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:29 AM
link   

If Trump wins next year, he wouldn't take office until January 20, 2025. The Dems will have the House majority by that point and Jeffries will be the Speaker.

So there's plenty of time for them to make Trump Speaker and guarantee their loss of majority control of the House.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

What I don't understand is why so many Democrats voted to oust McCarthy. One would think that he at least was attempting to get a budget set up. He at least, though weak, stood between the far right of the party and the rinos.
Wouldn't the Ds want him there?

He removed the debt ceiling until 2025, giving Biden free reign to spend as much as he wanted. That makes working on a budget kind of pointless, IMHO.

At some point one has to ask themselves why the Republican party always seems to choose its biggest RINO's as speaker.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

.. and you can iron your brown shirt in readiness

Cry harder.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Narcissists love a stage.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I just hope the House follows Newsom's example.

Announce that the interim Speaker must be a straight, white male, then select someone from a different country.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:18 AM
link   

If Every Republican voted FOR Trump as Speaker, he'd be approved for the position, after a couple of RULE changes.

There are far too many RINO's for that to ever happen, unless someone with very deep pockets 'convinces' them.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
a reply to: nugget1

What I don't understand is why so many Democrats voted to oust McCarthy. One would think that he at least was attempting to get a budget set up. He at least, though weak, stood between the far right of the party and the rinos.
Wouldn't the Ds want him there?

Maybe they just wanted to toss the Republican House into more chaos. I'm pretty sure that they were well aware of the Trump nomination idea floating around for the last year. Maybe they wanted to let them hang themselves.

Maybe they have something secret in the wings. How about a major rino face, one that still holds popularity with enough rinos that their vote as well as the Democrat vote would install a strong Republican but one that has shown resolve in dumping Trump. What about Cheney

My guess is the Biden investigation seems to be progressing and the chaos of the House eating its own is not only going to slow that progress but also give MSM something to focus and report on besides the current crime family investigation.

The Dems. would not have voted unanimously to oust McCarthy without his replacement already sitting in the wings.
Politicians play the long game and get away with it because people only seem to be able to comprehend the here and now, and maybe a week into the future.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 12:55 PM
link   

He removed the debt ceiling until 2025, giving Biden free reign to spend as much as he wanted. That makes working on a budget kind of pointless, IMHO.

I must be missing something here. If McCarthy was going to allow for the debt ceiling to be removed until 2025, allowing Biden free reign to spend,Wouldn't the Democrat Representatives want this? Wouldn't they want to keep him there to get this favorable to them action ? Knowing of course that hes replacement could likely not be as favorable to them? Wouldn't they want to vote in such a was as to keep him as Speaker? instead they did not vote that way.

At some point one has to ask themselves why the Republican party always seems to choose its biggest RINO's as speaker.

I always figured that there were a lot more moderate Republicans in the House than other more staunch conservatives.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 01:11 PM
link   

thanks for part one, I had not thought about that angle. It's does go a long way to answering my question.

As for part two, ''ah, what was that about hats?''

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Hold up there Care. These indictments are fraudulent in your eyes but in reality they are very real. I"m pretty sure the Republican rules in this case deal with real indictments or is there a caveat that says but go ahead if you think the indictments are fantasy?

House Rule changes are easy.

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pthena

How many times have we heard over the past 7 years, "This is unprecedented!"?

Depending on the situation, and who the enforcers are, rules and laws often times don't mean squat.

edit on 10/6/2023 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join