It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robyn Hood - A Re-Imaging of the Classic Tale for Modern Audiences

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Haven't seen it , have no intention of seeing it but can still point at it and laugh , Robyn Hood is the latest gender and race swapped re-telling of a classic that in line with its predecessors .... is bloody awful , the series is being streamed on Global TV and has an IMDB rating of 1.1/10

I'm posting it so you too can point and laugh.

Follows Robyn Loxley and anti-authoritarian masked hip-hop band, The Hood, as they call out injustices and fight for freedom and equality in the city of New Nottingham.

The opening scene.

Not worth the watch
This is just another in a long line of terrible, social-justice obsessed, hot garbage that tv execs foolishly think people will actually like. Sad that these execs cater to such a small, but obnoxiously loud fringe minority.

The writing is awful, the acting is awful and the action is worse. It's the sort of self-righteous, tokenist schlock that most sensible people with an ounce of common sense can't stand to watch. This isn't empowering, it's embarrasing. What were they thinking?

Spare yourself the boredom and watch something else. There are far better shows out there that actually put the effort in and produce quality programming.
www.imdb.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I was hoping there was a trailer and sure enough-

LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Trailer was enough for me. Racist crap.

All the good guys black and/or women, cops are white?

Give it to our people???? So new Robin Hood gives based on skin color. Got it.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: theatreboy
Trailer was enough for me. Racist crap.

All the good guys black and/or women, cops are white?

Give it to our people???? So new Robin Hood gives based on skin color. Got it.

That's regressive equity for ya. Build that racist, bigoted agenda Back Better

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well you just knew it would be evil white men again. And shows them in a perfect light, esp love the part with the black mom mad about the communal comdom jar being low.....no I'm not kidding

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 05:50 PM
link   
These remakes are an attempt to rewrite media history, plain and simple.

As we can see from the reviews, the revisions are unacceptable and transparent for their intent.

Yeah, I'm VERY selective with what I choose to digest these days. IMO, 95% of all media is absolute garbage. Some might adjust that number higher and I wouldn't disagree with that either.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 06:28 PM
link   
But can someone speed up a song from it like that other version and get the new hamster dance?

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Just add this to the list of failed remakes.
Hopefully the studios will eventually run out of money to lose and be forced to make something decent or go bankrupt.

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Honestly…gen X is my generation and we had all the integration, mixed relationships, random cast movies, etc. you that a person can ask for and one thing we DIDNT have was race talks. Nobody brought it up cuz nobody gave the least damn what color you were.

Now we have gen Z and a whole narrative that they’re still oppressed when in reality, NINE unarmed black men were killed by police last year and that makes a GENOCIDE to todays kids. And don’t play I don’t know what you’re talking about…

I have never in my life seen anything as racist as a fiction TV show where the law-abiding people are white and the lawbreaking people are black and at the end of their big hit or score or robbery or murder they get together and write rap music about it my God how racist are these stupid people

posted on Oct, 5 2023 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Why even bother giving it exposre? I didn't know it existed, and it looks like something I would be totally uninterested in anyway.

It does bring back fond memories of watching the old Errol Flynn movie when I was a kid with my mom and twin brother. It came on Saturday mornings frequently. I forget which channel, probably AMC.

I didn't even realize this was a 1938 film.

I also remember fondly watching the old Disney classic when I was a kid. My mom bought me the VHS and the record of the film, and I would go to sleep listening to it playing on the record player. I probably could still recite most of the movie and the songs. I still think the love song is quite lovely in that movie:

posted on Oct, 6 2023 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: randomuser

Why even bother giving it exposure ?

Why not ?
I think it's worth exposing the failures of Wokeism in the "entertainment" industry and find it heartwarming that viewers aren't buying into it and another flop= more lost revenue for those pushing this kind of nonsense.

new topics

top topics

join