It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gaetz introduces resolution to remove McCarthy from speakership

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Florida Republican Rep. Matt Gaetz on Monday introduced a privileged resolution to oust House Speaker Kevin McCarthy amid frustrations with the California lawmaker's handling of budget negotiations.

Gaetz over the weekend insisted he would bring the motion forward this week, but on Monday said he would delay his efforts until McCarthy explained a "secret side deal" he allegedly made with Democrats on Ukraine funding to secure support for a stopgap funding measure to avert a government shutdown.

MTG is not onboard however:

Georgia Republican Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, meanwhile, has sympathized with Gaetz's budgetary frustrations, but insisted that removing McCarthy would accomplish nothing and that Republican infighting would only undermine their efforts.

Since the beginning of McCarthys confirmation, MTG has sided with him for reasons that I do not understand besides being hollow and/or two faced.

The battle from within the right side of the aisle is storied, but not hard to grasp. During the run-up to the 2022 midterms, GOP leaders including McConnel actively went against Trumps appointments in key areas by funding their own brand of "not Trump republicans." It worked, but not completely which is a large part of why we see the tear.

I for one am happy to see it go down this way. Reputations are being put on the line, funding hangs in the balance and its from within rather than without. It shows that the right side of things, which from some folks is everything to the right of communism, is not a monolith nor do they enjoin on policies that are bad for Americans.

Link

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
Career politicians got to go

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Good.

He's a POS.
It's a sad day when a "GOP" Speaker is working with democrats against America First Representatives.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

edit on 2-10-2023 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Gaetz wants to get rid of the Speaker who ordered an Impeachment Inquiry of President Joe Biden.

Let that sink in...

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The neocon boneyard
But of course

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I am honestly quite happy to see this as well. Policies aside, I think it is admirable that someone is standing up for their position and holding others, even in their own party, accountable for commitments made.

The discourse and debate can help drive greater bipartisan ship which I actually support.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   

MTG has some pretty goo goo body language around McCarthy. It's a bit odd to say the least.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
For those who were not paying attention to the GOP House minority in 2021, this is (mostly) why Matt Gaetz is perpetually upset with Kevin McCarthy...

WASHINGTON — The top House Republican and other lawmakers said Wednesday they would take a wait-and-see attitude to allegations that Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., had sex with an underage girl, even as at least one Democrat called for Gaetz's removal from committees.

House Republican leader Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., said it's too early to judge Gaetz, but added that he would remove the Florida congressman from committees if the allegations are proven true.

"Those are serious implications. If it comes out to be true, yes, we would remove him if that's the case," McCarthy told Fox News on Wednesday. "But right now Matt Gaetz says that it's not true, and we don't have any information. So let's get all the information."
Source: www.usatoday.com...

They say this investigation of Gaetz is still ongoing.

I bet 99% of Government investigations that start, are either ongoing, like the Roe-v-Wade Supreme Court document leak. Or shut-down, like the Cocaine delivery to the White House.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Gaetz wants to get rid of the Speaker who ordered an Impeachment Inquiry of President Joe Biden.

Let that sink in...

It was my understanding that he was the main driver for McCarthy even following through with it after dragging feet.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Let that sink in...

This is broken logic.

Gaetz has supported a Biden impeachment for at least a year.

Meanwhile McCarthy on a number of occasions has opposed a Biden impeachment while supporting a Trump case.....

How about you let that sink in.....

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 06:58 PM
link   
A lot of politicians cannot give away to the money-making scam of the democrats, they want a piece of the pie and party lines and ideologies means nothing.

As long as they get a piece of that pie, nothing more than tax dollars been looted under the democrats in the white house.

I really did not like McCarthy he is not trustworthy.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
A lot of politicians cannot give away to the money-making scam of the democrats, they want a piece of the pie and party lines and ideologies means nothing.

As long as they get a piece of that pie, nothing more than tax dollars been looted under the democrats in the white house.

I really did not like McCarthy he is not trustworthy.

You speak to a priority and incentive structure that is broken, quite possibly beyond repair.

Those who want it, shouldn't have it and those that should do it, never would.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They say this investigation of Gaetz is still ongoing.

I thought he married that girl!

Anyway...I don't think any Democrats will vote to oust him, and doesn't there have to be a 2/3rd majority?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You are right, not democrats will vote to get the rino out of the house because is good to have him right where he is at.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 07:04 PM
link   

To tell the truth, I lost my faith on politics once and for all after the last elections, I will never, ever vote democrat again and as for Republicans, over and over it shows that they are not any different than democrats.

Is all about looting the nation and screwing the taxpayer while calling America the greatest free country in the world.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Dont like Mcarthy but Gaetz doesnt seem to be making any sense lately, a bill was offered where the freedom caucus got almost everything it wanted and they said no because the cuts werent deep enough.

In this day and age thats stupid, they lost every ounce of leverage now, so he wants to set the house on fire rather than work to get improvements. Need a scalpel to start before you use a chainsaw, show people it can be done with minimal pain and then get more the next time. Go for massive cuts and you hand the DNC easy talking points, I swear he is a meat head.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Was funding for Ukraine still in that bill?

I did not see nor read it if it is public.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 07:07 PM
link   

It doesn't matter if you're an (R) or a (D).

If you want to spend more money, increase the debt and deficit, then you are a suckass dickweed.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Indeed.

But why does it make one a dickweed?

Well friends, that's because they need to not only print new money, which leads to even more inflation but they need to also tax more.

(just for our slower folks)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join