It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russell Brand being investigated by Thames Valley Police following harassment and stalking claims

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   
news.sky.com...

Thames Valley Police is the second police force to be investigating Brand. The Met has received "a number of allegations of sexual offences".

Thames Valley Police told Sky News that a woman contacted the force two weeks ago with "new information," and that it was looking into her claims of "harassment and stalking".

They said the claims date back to 2018.

While the new information is being reviewed by officers, Thames Valley Police said "it would be inappropriate to comment on an ongoing investigation".

Thames Valley Police is the force in charge of Henley-On-Thames in Oxfordshire where Brand lives. He also owns a pub in the area.

The Metropolitan Police previously confirmed it had received a "number of allegations of sexual offences," all of them non-recent and said to have occurred in both London and elsewhere in the country.

It follows a joint investigation by The Sunday Times, The Times and Channel 4's Dispatches.

So it seems there are more allegations against Brand, this time harassment and stalking that date back to 2018. A woman has come forward about two weeks ago according to Thames Police and made these allegations. Is not clear whether this is online harassment or other forms of harassment and whether this is a criminal matter.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Muldar

Pretty clear it is a criminal matter if Police are investigating?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Pretty clear it is a criminal matter if Police are investigating?

So this is a matter of criminal harassment?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

I mentioned it in the other thread that Thames valley were also invesigating now.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 11:25 AM
link   

How should I know?

All we know is they are investigating claims of "harassment and stalking". It wouldn't be a civil matter. Police don't get involved.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:02 PM
link   
We should probably wait for some facts, or at least a shred of some real evidence to come out, before we rush to judgement. Knee-jerk reactions aren't what level-headed, rational people do. Here's a couple that readily come to mind:

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Of course, that's agreed. No one is so far....

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:12 PM
link   

I'm not too sure about that.
MSNBC is portraying Brand as a right-wing, conspiracy theory-believing sexual predator, that only the alt-right monsters are defending.
Burn the witch!

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
We should probably wait for some facts, or at least a shred of some real evidence to come out, before we rush to judgement. Knee-jerk reactions aren't what level-headed, rational people do. Here's a couple that readily come to mind:

Yeah
The Obamas were involved in that……
As one can be arrested in the uk for thought crime, nothing over there is surprising.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

I'm not too sure about that.
MSNBC is portraying Brand as a right-wing, conspiracy theory-believing sexual predator, that only the alt-right monsters are defending.
Burn the witch!

Russell Brand is definitely left wing.
Everyone knows it.

He discusses a range of issues such as vaccine harms and deaths, pharmaceutical interests and conflicts of interest, the way in Ukraine, etc. Far from being conspiracy theories.

And as always, everyone is innocent until proven guilty.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

"As one can be arrested in the uk for thought crime, nothing over there is surprising"

Really?

Got a source for that?

"Thought crime"?

Definition, please?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Used to be. Gone all alt right a while ago.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I just had a thought to murder someone, I have yet to recieve any knock on the door, perhaps the police are busy?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I was hoping one of the teef tribe would deny such and ask…..

aleteia.org...
Own it brits

Pray, get arrested, repeat: UK woman charged for silent prayer again

She was approached by police officers while she was standing silently on the sidewalk near an abortion clinic. When she revealed that she might have been praying silently in her own head, police took her into custody.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpThenDown

I just had a thought to murder someone, I have yet to recieve any knock on the door, perhaps the police are busy?

No
It actually happened in the uk.
I suspect bobbies are in route…..
Good luck.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Used to be. Gone all alt right while ago.

So you say he isn't left-wing?!
That's not believable...

He is left but he isn't woke!

I want to see how many other women will come forward and with what kind of allegations. It looks like there could be many more!

edit on 2-10-2023 by Muldar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muldar

Used to be. Gone all alt right while ago.

So you say he isn't left-wing?!
That's not believable...

He is left but he isn't woke!

I want to see how many other women will come forward and be with what kind of allegations. It looks like there could be many more!

He is just whom the government is against at the moment.
Those piling on are government simps.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:30 PM
link   

"Teef tribe"?

What's that?

Did I deny it?

Perhaps I thought it?

Asked you for a source.

She was acquitted and that law will not get very far.

How's the shooting shoplifters thing going for you?

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Haven’t had the government shoot ant shoplifters yet, however your stinking ass government arrested someone for thinking.
F that
F anyone who stands for that.

posted on Oct, 2 2023 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I think you missed this part...

and it ultimately ended with her exoneration.

Which is the correct conclussion but she could have been planning an attack or taking details of people visting the clinic, she was in the 'buffer Zone' area around an abortion clinic. The police should've asked her to move on from the area. Old bill not understanding and knowing what law she was breaking. Very sad, and I hope the copper got reprimanded and re-trained for it.

Isabel Vaughan-Spruce is once again entangled in a legal dispute for breaching a “buffer zone,” which prohibits demonstrations or protests within a certain radius of abortion-providing clinics.

Correctly, Schools also have similar types of areas and can call the police if someone is seen hanging around.

edit on 2-10-2023 by Kurokage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join