It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Re-joining after a ban?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 07:37 AM
link   
What are the rules of re-joining ATS after being banned? Is there a set time before a banned member is allowed to re-join. I had a glance over the T&C's but couldn't see a specific area..

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Kurokage
I had my account killed about 3 or 4 years ago after arguing with the wrong folk lol.
I assume there is no formal rule, it all depends on the owner/s of the site, ATS is not a democracy!
Their house, their rules.
Treat it like any bull# immigration rules of nation states, conform and behave, or find somewhere else to party!

Exactly like the covid bull# lol, my mates and I spent $,$$$'s in Mexico partying during that, I assume millions of others did the same, while the USA missed out on millions of foreign exchange 💰💰💰 that us 'granny killers' spent on tequila!🤣
edit on 30-9-2023 by AdultMaleHuman73 because: Minor typos lol

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Oh, it's you again. Welcome back!
Kinda lame tho, real G's run a different account. Typical.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Staff will discuss this.
And before we weigh in here, please remember: members are NOT to mention ANY members by name!
edit on Sat Sep 30 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I was wondering the same thing so would also like some clarification.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Good question, one that I have wondered since a few have gone from here. I wondered if they just rebadged under another name.
What I find a quagmire is I do not know how to inquire what happened to them if you cannot name them, or talk about it, or else you too may get banned.
Like it is Harry Potter. He who shall not be named...

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLieWeLive

If you are looking for a friend here, you could drop them a pleasant PM.
No fishing expeditions.

Please remember some members cannot login for various reasons.
Not all are banned. Members lose their logins. Want to change their online persona. Want to break with their past account.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

But some were banned?

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

But some were banned?

"You don't have to be a weatherman to know which way the wind blows"......Zimmerman.
edit on 30-9-2023 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Perhaps.
You've been here long enough to know that members get banned.
And sometimes they return.

Whether or not a member plans to return is not the main focus of a staff ban discussion.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Sometimes, mentioning no names, they have been known to rejoin the same day they were banned under a new username?

Is this OK?

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Not going to get into specifics.

ETA
What happens with any staff action, it is private between staff and the member.
edit on Sat Sep 30 2023 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I couldn't say they were friends other than shocked to see banned. Sometimes I'm like "Wow" such and such is banned? WTF could they have done and what can I not do to follow?

Not saying it is not warranted, It is not my decision, from what I've seen you and others are just in your decisions. No problems there.

Yes sometimes I do, or say in the moment dumb things, maybe to some who are involved here now. I am so unperfect that I am curious what happens during a ban, and how one resolves it, if it can be. So far it is not looking like it can be fully restored, you have to re-sign up and start anew, but give it time or you might get banned immediately once more.

Thank you for the answer.
edit on 30-9-2023 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 11:33 AM
link   

OK. Fair enough.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Sometimes, mentioning no names, they have been known to rejoin the same day they were banned under a new username?

Is this OK?

A lot of nuisance members did do that, sometimes notoriously, as you know, and I think that is one of the reasons why joining up became a little harder.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

I know what you mean. I guess my point is, if a member gets a permanent ban and then comes back under a new name and keeps posting the same opinions on the same old subjects using the same very distinctive posting style, is this OK?

I'm speaking generally, of course.

Should a permanent ban not mean just that and be enforced if a poster tries to flout it?

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Thank you for the replies.

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Is posting style flaunting anything?
Let's say you or I were on extended leave from ATS.
Maybe even posted banned. Maybe even banned.

And a member called ApplePie started posting in what others thought was you or me. Same posting style and all.
But it wasn't you or me and members complained that you or I had come back.....

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I get that it must be very difficult, not just moderating but then also on the look out for re-joiners.
We all make mistakes and get warnings for pushing things to far, but what if someone seems to have an agenda and keeps re-joining? How would ATS stop that person in the long run?

Also maybe have a way back for people who show genuine remorse after a set time..

posted on Sep, 30 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Also maybe have a way back for people who show genuine remorse after a set time..

This is what I was hoping for. Been thinking about creating a thread for just that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join