It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert F. Kennedy Jr. Planning to Announce Independent Run

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Well, this is an interesting development, running as an independent makes it even more so. Wonder if Biden will give him Secret Service protection now? probably not, but he should.

I mentioned before, forget the politics and issues for a moment, this country's path definitely was altered with the assassination of JFK. There is a good chance RFK would have been President at some point if not 1968 probably 72 and certainly 76. It might be time to see what a Kennedy could do with a full term as President. I love he pisses off most of the Democrats he can't possibly be worse than Joe Biden or Harris, just don't see Trump negotiating the minefield laid in front of him, and if you believe they hounded him the first time? Not looking forward to a reboot of the chaos and witch hunt. Could easily see it going south real quick and thats not good for any of us regardless of political affiliation

RFKjr probably has my vote

www.mediaite.com...

2024 presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. plans to announce he will run as an independent on October 9 in Pennsylvania, Mediaite has learned.

Kennedy’s campaign machine is now planning “attack ads” against the Democratic National Committee in order to “pave the way” for his announcement in Philadelphia about running as an independent, according to a text reviewed by Mediaite.

“Bobby feels that the DNC is changing the rules to exclude his candidacy so an independent run is the only way to go,” a Kennedy campaign insider told Mediaite.

Kennedy, a notorious anti-vaccine conspiracy theorist challenging incumbent President Joe Biden for the Democratic nomination, has been flirting with a third party run in recent weeks. The New York Times reported last week that he met with the chair of the Libertarian Party, raising the prospect of a departure from the party that decades ago became synonymous with his family name.

Kennedy remains far behind Biden in the polls. Yet while the Times reported “Democrats worry that a third-party run by Mr. Kennedy could draw votes away from Mr. Biden and help elect former President Donald J. Trump,” it’s unclear whether such a run would hurt the current president more than the Republican nominee.

Indeed, polls show Republicans have a far more favorable view of Kennedy than Democrats. As the National Review’s Jim Geraghty pointed out in July, when a survey asked New Hampshire Democrats to describe Kennedy in one word, the top responses were “crazy,” “dangerous,” “insane,” “conspiracy,” and “unknown.”

Conservative media has been far more supportive of Kennedy’s campaign as well. Fox News host Greg Gutfeld proposed that the political scion run as third party in July.

edit on 29-9-2023 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: putnam6
Hmm
Hope he doesn’t hang himself or something…..

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:06 PM
link   

He's just in time to be a perfect vehicle.

See, 81 million votes in Bidens favor borders disbelief. What makes it conceivable is the Trump "hate-vote" theory, which flies in the face of how voters vote for disfavorable candidates. It's historically voter apathy, not record turn out.

Regardless, RFK siphons votes from both R and D if he runs as I.

And the only one who knows for sure how many votes......are those who count the votes.

To your point though, I'm pretty sure he's not fond of the 2A, so hard pass from me even though he does have redeeming qualities admittedly.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I have to say, I do appreciate this quote he said in response the the climate change question:

“The crisis has been, to some extent, co-opted — by Bill Gates and the World Economic Forum and the billionaire boys’ club in Davos — the same way that the Covid crisis was appropriated by them to make themselves richer, to impose totalitarian controls and to stratify our society, with very powerful and wealthy people at the top, and the vast majority of human beings with very little power and very little sovereignty over their own lives. Every crisis is an opportunity for those forces to clamp down controls.”

legal-planet.org...

I’d like to know what he plans to do with our effing economy. That’s FIRST and foremost. All candidates should have a clear cut plan to save the sinking ship.!
edit on 29-9-2023 by KKLOCO because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
My vote too. If we don't vote an Independent in, we are NEVER going to escape this ever increasing divide, and this country will have zero hope.

He seems like exactly what we need right now.

Will the masses dare to say "f^ck you" to the talking heads on the TV who say an Independent could never win, and just vote for him anyway?

I kinda doubt it, but I'm gonna vote for him anyway.

Screw the media and those corporate superpacs.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
Hmm
Hope he doesn’t hang himself or something…..

This country doesn't need a 3rd Kennedy death in any form in the political arena. He definitely needs Secret Service protection, on name recognition alone.

Been watching some of his interviews, don't agree with all of his policies but he is definitely more intelligent and less divisive than than the alternatives.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheValeyard
My vote too. If we don't vote an Independent in, we are NEVER going to escape this ever increasing divide, and this country will have zero hope.

He seems like exactly what we need right now.

Will the masses dare to say "f^ck you" to the talking heads on the TV who say an Independent could never win, and just vote for him anyway?

I kinda doubt it, but I'm gonna vote for him anyway.

Screw the media and those corporate superpacs.

It's a good point, there is no denying we need to tell the DNC and RNC to shove it. Tired of the lousy candidates

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I foresee Kennedy as trumps VP.

You heard it here first.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Polls shouldn't even be published this early in the game, and the talking heads shouldn't be speculating and pontificating 1 second into the morning.
That's the REAL election interference. That's the REAL COLLUSION. The news leads the voters from day one, as soon as candidates are announced.
Maybe like halfway through the election cycle would make sense...
But people shouldn't be deciding what they want based on what other people might eventually theoretically decide they want.
Think about it: the news ONLY talks about the 2 candidates, and ONLY TIME they talk about the third party one, is to say they probably don't have a chance. The average viewer then takes that as gospel. It's blatant mass manipulation.

And unfortunately that speculation based on miniscule data, does heavily influence voters. It's time we acknowledged this, and mitigated it.
People won't vote for someone if they think other people aren't going to, so all the media has to do,
is make it look like he's not trending, and then he won't trend. So they need to stop, and we need to stop listening.

edit on 29-9-2023 by TheValeyard because: clarification

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Makes sense. He's more of a classical liberal.
I don't agree with most of his policies, but he's not an authoritarian commie like the DNC has become.

If he gets Gabbard to run as his VP, they could easily take 20-30% of the vote.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

People are free to think what they want.

It sounds like you want their thoughts regulated.

Sounds like commie BS to me.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:31 PM
link   
The hell are you smoking? I was complaining about group think and herd mentality, and how the establishment has been exploiting that to get their people elected. It is well known that the CIA has funded Ops to use the news media to sway public opinion in the past. I want to combat that. The citizens themselves should be free to think and say whatever the hell they want, and YOU need to work on making sure you comprehend what was said before you argue with it.

a reply to: watchitburn

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:34 PM
link   
And by the by, a deep-state of elites using the media outlets as a mouthpiece is decidedly Fascist, so be careful what you're arguing for.

EDIT: How the hell did you get an star for that blatant misrepresentation of what I said? That's depressing AF.

(post by watchitburn removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I said people need to stop letting the establishment tell them how to vote, and the media shouldn't be speculating so early in the race.

Now quit this dumb gorilla crap.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheValeyard

I think you want the same thing Trump supporters do without supporting Trump.

You acknowledged a depreciated MSM.

You acknowledged PACS and money.

You acknowledged the existence and malevolence of the deep state.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 06:52 PM
link   
WOW, you're starting to get it!
It's almost like we're not so different!
It's almost like I didn't like Trump but I agree on a lot of these issues, and it's almost like I've been saying exactly that on multiple threads and facing a bunch of idiotic partisanship projecting views and traits onto me that I did not possess!
But it couldn't be THAT simple. Hell, that would be a REVELATION!

a reply to: JinMI

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join