It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania Trump Quiety Renegotiated Donald Trumps Prenup Agreement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Melania and Donald had a prenuptial agreement made. That makes senes, considering the wealth and the children by former marriages and all. Melania has had 'her team of lawyers' revamp the prenuptial agreement more to her favor and for a better standing for their son, Barron. This is reported to be the third time she has done so since being married in 2005.

Cynical me reading between the lines sees .... "I'll stay longer if you promise more money for me and our son".

Of course I could be wrong and this could be perfectly normal for uber rich people - which I am not. It reeks of a business arrangement marriage instead of a love match to me. (like Bill and Hillary) I suppose that's fine if that's what they want. But it sounds lonely to me.

Melania Trump Quiety Renegotiated Donald Trumps Prenup Agreement

Sources tell Page Six that Melania Trump has “quietly” renegotiated her prenuptial agreement with Donald Trump in advance of his potentially serving a second term in the White House.

An insider told us of the agreement between the couple who married in 2005, “Over the last year, Melania and her team have been quietly negotiating a new ‘postnup’ agreement between herself and Donald Trump.”

The source further said, “This is at least the third time Melania has renegotiated the terms of her marital agreement,” but the source added that it’s not because the former first lady is going anywhere.

“Melania is most concerned about maintaining and increasing a substantial trust for their son, Barron,” 17, the same source familiar with Melania, 53, told Page Six.

edit on 9/29/2023 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Hmmmm ... for some reason this isn't showing up on the board after I posted it. That's odd.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Melania may only be worried about upcoming court battles and such, and I think she is very wise to think of their son, Barron.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

On face value my mind figures two outcomes-

She’s a former model who married a rich guy. I wonder the motivation there.

Or they are actually a team, and if any of the cases get truly rocky she could divorce and shelter some of his monies for him. I don’t think they can go after the funds if an ex spouse got them prior to a settlement, because they’re usually unnamed in the suit.

I suppose this could just be rich people housekeeping, but I feel like that would put unneeded strain on a relationship if it was out of nowhere. I’d certainly have a lot of questions if my SO was all of a sudden interested in reworking an agreement that was already made about how we would reconcile should we split.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 02:01 PM
link   

She is right to look after Barron since he has older siblings from another marriage. The other three children probably already have a financial advantage from dad since they have been around longer.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But her response to that is appropriate: Would he have married her had she not been Melania beautiful? She is still the most fab looking First Lady ever...just saying.

Yeah, looks aren't everything...but they sure help.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Cynical me reading between the lines sees .... "I'll stay longer if you promise more money for me and our son".

I don't think you're being cynical it's been fairly obvious for a while she's a member of his staff , he needs her more than she needs him right now so it's a good time to renegotiate with his second run for the White House ongoing.

Type Trophy wife into google and there's a picture of the happy couple.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: GopiGrl
a reply to: CriticalStinker

But her response to that is appropriate: Would he have married her had she not been Melania beautiful? She is still the most fab looking First Lady ever...just saying.

Yeah, looks aren't everything...but they sure help.

No, looks are not everything - but Melania has elegance and class, something sadly lacking in our First Ladies for decades.
Melania walks into a room and you cannot take your eyes off her, she has that hard-to-define quality, something to be admired. And she does not babble senselessly.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
If I were her, I'd be looking to separate and protect mine and Barron's assets and property from Donald's and whatever marital assets there are due the lawsuits and indictments and legal fees he's looking at.

edit on 29-9-2023 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I don't think you're being cynical it's been fairly obvious for a while she's a member of his staff , he needs her more than she needs him right now so it's a good time to renegotiate with his second run for the White House ongoing.

Type Trophy wife into google and there's a picture of the happy couple.

I think that is likely the closest to the truth. Leave it to some guy "not from round here" to see it.
edit on 29-9-2023 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If Melania's attorneys are smart I would imagine they are negotiating a few things:

It would be smart to ensure a flat amount of money is owed to her, and to Barron, and not as a percentage of the companies, as the companies are being dissolved and values will plummet. Anything tied to his companies is now toxic and she may want guaranteed funds, perhaps in some escrow account.

She may want an out in case he cheats on her again. She may have "forgiven" him for his infidelity in public, but in private he'll literally pay for it, or give her an out if she asks it.

Given how he just buried his previous wife, she may want guarantees she won't be buried on a golf course in the case of an untimely death.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I'm very surprised that they haven't divorced already so that he can hide his wealth with her and have some sort of agreement to get that money back after his legal woes.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I always felt Melania was a trophy wife, but she's not stupid. She entered into the marriage as a business deal from the beginning. I think Donald being president and her being first lady was never part of the original deal. I'm sure she didn't want to do it, and I don't blame her. It completely changed her and Baron's life. It's been nothing but scrutiny and hate since he came down the escalator. I assumed after all the presidential stuff was done, they would divorce. Maybe that's what the renegotiations are about, optics. I'll stay married to you, BUT some things need to change. If you go down, I'm not going with you. I want more up front secured money before moving forward for myself and Baron.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: GopiGrl

That’s a good point.

And again, who knows. On its surface, it certainly looks like a shallow relationship… But if it was all that bad I’m sure she could find someone else, and probably make some money on a ghost written book and be alone.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Could honestly care less...

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

This is interesting. This suggests to me that after18 years of marriage, Melania knows her husband well enough to not trust him enough to secure his own sons future without holding him to it without a legal contract.

Mrs. Trump , after 18 years of marriage likely knows him better than anyone else on the planet and she does not trust him with the future of his own son.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: RonnieJersey

She could even be doing it with blessings from Donald and his lawyers.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Surely he would never allow Barron to become miserably addicted to drugs and hookers and send him out as a bagman for the family business, now would he?

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Any of you guys billionaires?

Yes no?

That kind of stuff doesn’t happen to us common folks but it happens all the time with rich people.

Nothing burger.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Trump is very much like Melania's dad. I think she actually does love him.

I think Melania should make Trump pay her 5 million per year extra when he3 goes back to the White house for another 4 years.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join