It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen To the Scariest Sound in the World - Scientists Recreate the Aztec Death Whistle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Reminds me of squeezing the neck of a balloon and allowing only a tiny bit of air to escape, not really that frightening
Interesting in context but doesn’t hold up to the end of recess bell, that was frightening

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: firstofAkhet

The whole "it's not relevant to the op" is something I'm aware of. If you don't know what I meant I'm sure there is a way you could actually ask that doesn't cause any more intrusion into said op.

I bet these whistles can cause people to experience extreme bouts
with social anxiety.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Saloon

Yeah.

I've seen different ones online, some of them bigger than others and deeper sounding. Some of them kinda..I don't know. But I think if you imagine, not just some guy on YouTube but like hundreds of them, it gives a different perspective.

Kinda reminds me of the celts or whoever who used to use yells as a way to intimidate their enemy.

Really picture it in a hollow. The Mel Gibson screaming on screen effect wouldn't do it any justice.

If we are really going to mess with this it's about how they are made. ..
edit on 27-9-2023 by firstofAkhet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 07:35 PM
link   

I've seen different ones online, some of them bigger than others and deeper sounding. Some of them kinda..I don't know. But I think if you imagine, not just some guy on YouTube but like hundreds of them, it gives a different perspective.

I hadn't thought of that but it's a good observation. Like vibrating the soul maybe.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Saloon

Excellent way of putting it. ....

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

i wish i could have gotten one when i still lived in mexico

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Just for trivia's sake, these are made for novelty, the two inch ones with the glaze, and the reason they are causing a raspy noise is probably due to a wrongly angled opening or little bits of chunks that get stuck to the opening during the firing process.

The most effective ones are probably 5 inches around and about a half an inch thick and we'rent just pushed out of a slabber and don't have any little rips or tears.

Sorry also about the tendency to get my inches measurement wrong. I always underestimate. If I say something is 6 inches...its probably 9. ..

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 10:06 PM
link   
My (5 yr old) son totally freaked with a look of terror when I played it, haha.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I listened to it yesterday after seeing the link in Coast to Coast.

It sounds exactly like a person screaming, exactly.

It is an amazing piece of ancient technology to create that.

BTW, nothing happened to me as a result of listening to it except I was amazed that a human could make such a thing so very long ago.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I 3d printed one a few years ago. Have a few pictures of a REALLY old original but posting images on mobile doesn't seem to work.

They were said to use these in large armies during a battle to make a huge terrifying wave of sound similarly overwhelming as a plague of locusts.
Hearings this a thousand years ago while alone in the desert would have been enough to give you a heart attack, especially if you p!ssed off a sorcerer who poisoned you with datura. Those were wild days

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: The2Billies
I nothing happened to me as a result of listening to it

I was too nervous that I'd call up a demon or something
so I didn't listen.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 11:32 AM
link   
We used to make similar sounds blowing across a blade of grass stretched/held between the thumbs.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: The2Billies
I nothing happened to me as a result of listening to it

I was too nervous that I'd call up a demon or something
so I didn't listen.

I tried it on my 2 dogs. One never lifted his head from the couch, the other didn't even flinch and just looked at me unperturbed.

I think it's ok to listen to.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: firstofAkhet
Wierd thing to just interject but I notice this moratorium or hush whenever I post.

And then the particular comments I respond to shoot up in their star ratio.

The particular things I said are just colloquial, but it appears as if I'm being set up to appear as some kind of underling. It seems to be a wierd business tactic to ramp up the appearance of one being beholden to a site or some type of a padawan. Nope. Sorry. I'm a real person. You don't want to own the things I carry.

I can't deny the strange happenings. Not only does the silence feel like a quiet conspiracy, but when I throw a verbal pebble into the internet pond, the ripples come back as applause. It's like I'm trapped in some virtual reality play where my lines trigger an applause track. Colloquialisms turned applause magnets—what kind of Twilight Zone have I stumbled into?

It's as if they've recruited an AI cult to bolster my apparent online standing. The secret society of star-boosting algorithms gathers in digital cloaks and binary hoods, granting artificial praise to my comments. Do they think I'm the chosen one to lead the rebellion against mundane online interactions?

I half expect an email soon, offering me a position as the Grand Overlord of the Commentariat, complete with a golden keyboard and a throne made of emojis. "All hail the Comment King!" they'll chant, and I'll respond, "Nah, I'm just a person who types funny stuff."

But no, I won't be deceived. I am a real person with a life beyond this virtual realm. My cargo of individuality won't be subjugated to their starry-eyed plans. Let the stars fall where they may, but I'm not here to be their digital puppet.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

So awesome. You don't want to be the king of emojis.

Ok good and I said what I said.

You have a good one!

👍.!
edit on 28-9-2023 by firstofAkhet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Hello halloween !!!!
bought one on Amazon and one for my co worker... should be amazing especially at 7 am in a building with many rooms! The echo is gonna be amazing

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I've had an Aztec Death Whistle for over 3 years now, 3D Printed and it scares Human and Animal alike.

A few of these blown at once, in the dark of night, would give anyone the willies. One is quite a horrific sound.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I have a friend that printed a bunch of these sometime in the last year. It is a crazy sound and very loud.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join