It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen To the Scariest Sound in the World - Scientists Recreate the Aztec Death Whistle

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You have to go to the link to get the sound to click on. The Aztec Death Whistle which accompanied human sacrifices has been remade by scientists and now you can listen to it if you wish. I DID NOT WISH TO. Something spooky supernatural about it, IMHO, and I didn't want to take any chances with it. But I figured enough people here would be interested so I'm posting the story and the link.

If anyone listens and wishes to post what they think about what they heard ... go ahead. I don't want to take the chance on calling up some ancient 'god' (demon). But for anyone else brave enough ... here's the story and the link ...

Listen To the Scariest Sound in the World - Scientists Recreate the Aztec Death Whistle Which Accompanied Human Sacrifices

It's been described as the 'scariest sound in the world' – somewhere between a spooky gust of whistling wind and 'the scream of a thousand corpses'.

Now, experts have recreated the noise of the Aztec Death Whistle, by building a new version of the legendary instrument with a 3D printer.

They created their new whistles based on the design of the skull-shaped original, which was found with a skeleton in Mexico in the late 1990s.

It's thought the skull-shaped whistle may have been used by Aztecs before they were killed in ceremonies to honour the god of wind, Ehecatl.

In the Aztec creation myth, two gods gathered in a sacrificial fire and became the sun and moon, but were immobile until Ehecatl blew on them

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'm gonna make this binaural and play it when I go to bed.

Resistance training. Homeopathy.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

They used them to mock victims raising their level of fear.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Hahahahahahah

My dog was sitting next to me when I played it. He wanted no part of that.

He's off at the other side of the house now.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

STRENGTH THROUGH TORMENT...

🥁🗿.🛢💀.

🤟lol.
edit on 27-9-2023 by firstofAkhet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
My dog was sitting next to me when I played it. He wanted no part of that.

He's off at the other side of the house now.

Maybe he knows something that we don't.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Oddly accurate representation of a human scream. Interesting.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thanks for my new ringtone, it is almost October.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Maybe, but he's afraid of everything.

Hats, large buildings, if the wind blows too hard, his own farts, bags, boxes, doors shutting, car doors unlocking,.... You get the idea

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Ilikesecrets

Haha .

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
It doesn't sound as terrifying as some of the horror movie screams. Actually, it reminds me of the screaming Halloween decorations people put out.

I can see where it would be useful to terrorize groups of susceptible people with vivid imaginations, though.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 05:11 PM
link   
I think these are mentioned by Bernal Diaz in his books about the Spanish arrival and battles with the Aztec.
IIRC The Aztec would use them at night to scare the pants off the invaders as they tried to camp.

I have an Ocarina which you can get a similar sound from,used to drive one of my dogs bezerk.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Wierd thing to just interject but I notice this moratorium or hush whenever I post.

And then the particular comments I respond to shoot up in their star ratio.

The particular things I said are just colloquial, but it appears as if I'm being set up to appear as some kind of underling. It seems to be a wierd business tactic to ramp up the appearance of one being beholden to a site or some type of a padawan. Nope. Sorry. I'm a real person. You don't want to own the things I carry.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: firstofAkhet

What?

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

"What?" Is not an honest response. But have a good 1.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: firstofAkhet

It should have been obvious that it was a request for you to expound on your post. As it's not relevant to the OP and no one knows who you are.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 06:05 PM
link   
At what point in the video is the sound?

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I stated what I did. And "what" does not mean anything. Nor do I assume people know me.

The whole "it's not relevant to the op" is something I'm aware of. If you don't know what I meant I'm sure there is a way you could actually ask that doesn't cause any more intrusion into said op.

But I'm saying what I'm saying and I only have to do it once. Just move on if you really don't get it. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: 5ofineed5aladder

Click the link, scroll down just a bit and play the video. It starts immediately. It's only 1 minute long.

posted on Sep, 27 2023 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Maybe..Found in the 90,s and only at ceremonial places..
Death Whistle use

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join