It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Met police request support from army after officers down firearms

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: nickyw

So it's only racial profiling when it's in the US? Some races are committing the majority of crime. Just like you have described religious rather than racial as a motivating factor in police encounters.

The question becomes: who is committing the majority of crime?

That's just common sense.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: CoyoteAngels

we all need common sense policing and that feels missing at the moment especially in the politics that shapes our policing.

in my mind the current spiraling confrontations didn't start in the us but track back to the arab spring in 2010 then onto london with the 2011 all england riots, then blm and more recently with the French riots..

each one is linked to a platform that resulted in an ever expanding cycle of control but never in a ways that help the police manage policing so we are getting to the point the police are either on the end of acab, defunding or overwhelming mass migration that's destroying their capacity to police.

its a recipe for disaster as we can all see.
edit on 26-9-2023 by nickyw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I cant weigh in on the causes and politics anywhere but the US.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:05 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Insurrectile

and the vast majority are for crime against women be it sexuasl offences or domestivc abuse..

as london diversifies its getting more homophobic, racist and misogynistic i'm not sure how the met can fix the issues it faces as the pool of recruits it has is liable to be more of the same if not worse.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:14 AM
link   

from your source: "There are also individuals who may have had a false allegation, but they are always going to be small numbers."

Really? From what I'm seeing from police body cams available on youtube, there are TONS of false allegations. During the encounters with women mostly. They act way worse than the men. From what I see, the police are going over and beyond patience with these drunk and disorderly skanks. They threaten the officers with everything, their lawyers, their rights, their wifes are cheating on them, their kids are running the streets, every racial attack THEY can think of. But the police aren't acting out. Why would they with body cams recording everything? Are they looking to be fired?

I would bet it's not much different in the UK. Both our societies are full of spoiled, entitled, unruly, misbehaving brats that have an axe to grind. They escalate to extra charges: resisting, assault on an officer, etc.

Would not be surprised if there a huge number of complaints. The way the stats in your source have doubled in a year, it's not police behavior that has changed. It's the number of accusations.

edit on 9/26/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:16 AM
link   

none of us can really, i'd have trouble north of london.. but having worked with americans here and abroad for over 30 years I know we are culturally very far apart even when we use the same words so in the real world i now talk policy not politics as i find on actual policy most of us are very close.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Ive not been to the UK, but I travelled in Ireland. I didn't feel very different from the Irish at all. Seems like the problems and solutions are all fairly similar.

In what ways do you find Americans to be so different?

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:20 AM
link   

and the vast majority are for crime against women be it sexuasl offences or domestivc abuse.

You wont find many women raping their way through history, either. One of those invitations to dig deeper, with regards to more systemic issues with state violence and patriarchy in general.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Are all of the police white males in the UK?

We have police of all races and both sexes. They behave, as much as I can observe from watching body cam vids, the same. And face the same type of behavior from the perps, who mostly appear to need to spend some time in the lockup.,

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Men and women are two completely different beings.

Regardless of how much the left wishes to deny this. Men and women are not interchangeable. And are frankly, very alien to each other.

How can it be otherwise? We are different. We will never be the same.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoyoteAngels

Are all of the police white males in the UK?

We have police of all races and both sexes. They behave, as much as I can observe from watching body cam vids, the same. And face the same type of behavior from the perps, who mostly appear to need to spend some time in the lockup.,

the split mirrors society in terms of religion, race, sex.. though they do appear far more Intune with political activism than at any point in my life, that feels more top down than grass roots..

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Men and women are two completely different beings.

Human beings might disagree.

the left

The Tories in the UK? Yeah, no.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The 'defund the police' movements in the US are causing difficulties. The perps are acting worse than ever, outwardly hostile toward the police in ways that were not so apparent in earlier times.

When my son was young, he and his friends had an encounter with the local police. Curfew I believe it was. The boys were all sitting on the sidewalk, answering questions, when one says 'What? Rodney King!', in reference to the infamous police beating in LA. Guess which kid got hassled by the local cops just about every time he was out strolling on the street, from then on. My son told him, 'Dude, why did you mouth off like that?'

That question still stands today.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Guess you never heard of the best selling book 'Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus', then?

Men and women are and will forever be, different in very basic and important ways. Opposite sides of the same coin. Yin/Yang.

If you dont know this, you will bump your head a lot.

edit on 9/26/2023 by CoyoteAngels because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Insurrectile

and the vast majority are for crime against women be it sexuasl offences or domestivc abuse.

You wont find many women raping their way through history, either. One of those invitations to dig deeper, with regards to more systemic issues with state violence and patriarchy in general.

in English law women cant rape men as only males with a pen*s can rape, sex/dv are male pattern issues with or with a patriarchy.

Its worth remembering that it was women who used the law to burn those they didn't like by accusing them of witchcraft, i tend to think of them as the "pick me" brigade others call them handmaidens, or gatekeepers.

so each sex is fundamentally different in how we navigate the world, glossing over that will cause society more trouble than it can survive.

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
Its ridiculous.
The SAS arent trained to be cops, they are just trained to kill folks.

Hope I am wrong but I can see this ending up in another bloody sunday thing.

I agree with crayzeed, you probably don't want to open this Pandora's box of letting the military be involved but
they aren't gonna be walking the streets enforcing the law according to the article

It is understood the soldiers would be used if police counter-terrorism commanders believed they needed to stage a raid. The military personnel would not be deployed on armed patrols on the streets of London.

A Met police spokesperson said: “The Ministry of Defence has agreed to a request to provide the Met with counter-terrorism support should it be needed.”

A Ministry of Defence spokesperson said: “We have accepted a military aid to the civil authorities request from the Home Office to provide routine counter-terrorism contingency support to the Metropolitan police, should it be needed.”

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:49 AM
link   

the defund movement is as bizarre as the men have willies and all the others crisis, I've no idea what our political class are thinking are they hoping to ride in and save everyone at the last min or letting the 60s social conflicts finally evolve into the rivers of blood prophecies albeit 50 years late..

my eldest ended in court when he was attacked, even though it was all on cctv he was in court because he managed to defend himself.. it feels the legal system is sunk at this point and the whole edifice needs to be rebuilt bottom up not top down..

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 10:56 AM
link   

So would you say the immigrants are being treated better than the natives in the UK?

posted on Sep, 26 2023 @ 11:02 AM
link   

so each sex is fundamentally different in how we navigate the world, glossing over that will cause society more trouble than it can survive.

Sure. I just wouldn't blame genetic differences for the disharmony, when we can have so much in common.

male pattern issues with or with a patriarchy.

And said pattern issues bubble up repetitively, in various parts of the culture. My kind of lead right there.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join