It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another race-baiting grifter exposed; $43 million gone

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: ColeYounger

You're inferring that because he has a Phd, he somehow is above reproach

O please. I couldn't care less about Kendi. I was raising a simple objection: he is far from 'self-appointed'.

Call it a quibble if you dare. You don't really know anything about the guy, you're just using him as a propaganda weapon, justifying this by your distaste for his speciality and his politics. Bad show.

Prove me wrong. Defend him. Show me what he's done with his 'speciality', as you call it.
I posted the link about how he removed a tweet that he himself posted, whereby he contradicted his own assertions. He literally nullified his entire narrative in a single paragraph.
Here it is again: Kendi removes his Tweet

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Prove me wrong. Defend him.

You're missing the point. He's just incidental in this. He is not a self-appointed expert: that's the point. If you contest the validity of the institutions that awarded him his degrees and chairs, that would be a different story, but he received them fair and square.

What are you accusing him of? Pocketing $$$ and producing nothing to show for it? That's not automatically a crime, by no means. Or are you making an accusation of actual fraud?

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

You're missing the point. He's just incidental in this. He is not a self-appointed expert: that's the point.

His degrees are in African American Studies and magazine production. I think anyone would agree that neither of those degrees somehow make him an expert on racism. Nor do the awards bestowed upon him by the academic crowd.

There's a reason I say he's a self-proclaimed expert. I arrived at that conclusion by reading a good deal of his writings, some of which were in his best-selling books, some of which were on social media platforms. I also listened to a good deal of his discussions at lectures and conferences. (Like the Aspen Ideas Festival)

Kendi states repeatedly that he knows how to 'consistently identify and describe' racism. He claims that after extensive research on "structural and attitudinal" racism, he understands "what and who" produces racism.
He goes on to say that the subtext of "respectability politics" is that "black people are partially responsible for the racist ideas directed at them because of how they act." Seriously, WTF? But I guess some people would consider that drek to be profound words of wisdom.

Every time someone has a different viewpoint or a counter argument, Kendi responds with his babble about how he knows everything there is to possibly know about racism. There are videos of people openly laughing at his answers, because he doesn't debate them. He simply babbles. It's funny. It's actually hilarious.

What are you accusing him of? Pocketing $$$ and producing nothing to show for it? That's not automatically a crime, by no means. Or are you making an accusation of actual fraud?

No. As was discussed earlier in the thread, it's simply "mismanagement". The govt and the MIC "mismanages" trillions of dollars, so I guess $43 million isn't even a blip.

posted on Sep, 28 2023 @ 11:09 PM
link   

His degrees are in African American Studies and magazine production. I think anyone would agree that neither of those degrees somehow make him an expert on racism

You really don't know the first thing about what you're talking about, do you?

Here's a partial selection of courses from the curriculum for a minor in African American Studies at Georgetown University.

AFAM-206 Race and Racism in American Culture
AFAM-210 Black Power and Theology of Liberation
AFAM-215 Black Feminism
AFAM-225 Race, Policy, and Administration
GOVT-240 Politics of Inequality
GOVT-245 Race, Ethnicity, and Nation
SOCI-133 Race & Society & Cinema
SOCI-139 Race, Color, and Culture
SOCI-142 Black Death: Slavery to Michael Brown
SOCI-144 Race & Ethnic Relations
SOCI-146 Martin Luther King and American Society
PHIL-123 Class, Culture & Race
ANTH-252 Global Race in Motion
ANTH-283 The African Diaspora
ANTH-305 Class, Culture, and Race

I will spare you the public humiliation of listing here the relevant curricular elements of an actual degree in the subject, but if you wish to lighten your own ignorance, here's a link to the full Penn State AAS BA curriculum.

I trust I have made my point. You launched this thread to express your hatred of those who oppose racism or seek to promote understanding between the peoples of America. You were so sure of yourself (and perhaps of the support of others here who share your views) that you didn't bother with even the most elementary research, just went ahead and launched your tirade. You remind me of that Flat Earther who sent himself up in a rocket to prove the 'experts' wrong, shot up to the height of a smallish hirise building, fell back to Earth and died on impact.

The last word is yours. After all, it's your thread. Own it.

posted on Sep, 29 2023 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

The last word is yours. After all, it's your thread. Own it.

Hopefully, you're being honest here, and you will stop your childish tit-for-tat. It's become tiresome.

You really don't know the first thing about what you're talking about, do you?

Your response is exactly what I expected, to the proverbial T. You can't provide a solid debate, so you lash out with the brilliant attack strategy that I don't know what I'm talking about? What a burn! I've seen children, wee moppets and toddlers who are more skilled and capable debaters.

You launched this thread to express your hatred of those who oppose racism or seek to promote understanding between the peoples of America

I related a news story about a charlatan who has conned, bilked, bamboozled, and hoodwinked his way through the hallowed woke halls of academia, the literati, and the liberal intelligentsia. The virtue-signalling "scholar" dummies were taken in big time, as evidenced by the celebrity that was bestowed upon him.

I provided an abundance of evidence, right up to his famous deleted tweet, which exposed him, and toppled his narrative like a house of cards in the wind. And your takeaway was that I'm someone with a 'hatred of those who oppose racism'?
Seriously, you sound like the women on "The View"! I disagree with you, so I'm Hitler!

Thank you for the entertainment. This has been most amusing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join