It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kamala Harris to Run the First Ever Federal Gun Violence Prevention Office

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:35 PM
link   
UH OH. Just what this country needs .. Harris in charge of trying to get rid of our right to carry arms in this country. That's what it comes down to. Increased gun laws against law abiding citizens while the real perps who commit gun violence and gun crimes in this country IGNORE the laws.

Daily Mail

President Joe Biden has tapped Kamala Harris to lead his gun violence prevention office, giving his vice president yet another task for her packed portfolio.

Biden will formally announce his decision in a ceremony in the Rose Garden on Friday afternoon. Harris will oversee the office. Stefanie Feldman, a longtime Biden aide who has worked on gun policy for more than a decade, will serve as its director.

'The new Office of Gun Violence Prevention will play a critical role in implementing President Biden's and my efforts to reduce violence to the fullest extent under the law, while also engaging and encouraging Congressional leaders, state and local leaders, and advocates to come together to build upon the meaningful progress that we have made to save lives,' the vice president said in a statement.

Harris has met with communities that have suffered from gun violence. She has taken on a more combative role within the administration as the White House ramps up for the 2024 election.

In August, she gave a speech on gun violence in Chicago, where she said: 'There are some people who are just trying to sell a false choice ... that you're either in favor of the Second Amendment, or you want to take everyone's guns away.'

Democrats largely favor stricter gun laws, citing the number of deaths from mass shootings and school shootings.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Wow, 2 times in one day for this meme.

Anyways, it's all to try and get her "constituents" on her side for when Biden has to be relieved from office.

She doesn't care about the guns, none of them do. It's never been about the guns. It's always been about the power that comes with the average Us citizen being defenseless against their tyranny.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   
If she runs it anything like the border czar, I expect her to be pretty hands off.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Well, that bodes well in terms of expediency, or the “lack thereof.” Seeing as how it took the newly minted Kamala “Border Czar” Harris a year and 6 months to “visit” the border.

They can come at gun rights anyway they want, but in the end it will have to pass scrutiny by the Supreme Court and the 2nd.

You would think they could find a better toilet to flush funds down.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:44 PM
link   
That’s just fine with me because unfortunately I lost literally every weapon I own in a boating accident. I don’t want to talk about it because it still hurts.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Look like there are many good reasons for this new office, the #1 being:

The overall increase in U.S. gun deaths since the beginning of the pandemic includes an especially stark rise in such fatalities among children and teens under the age of 18. Gun deaths among children and teens rose 50% in just two years, from 1,732 in 2019 to 2,590 in 2021.

www.pewresearch.org...
edit on q00000052930America/Chicago3737America/Chicago9 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

And how exactly is she going to prevent gun violence in a group that cannot legally purchase a firearm to begin with?

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

And how exactly is she going to prevent gun violence in a group that cannot legally purchase a firearm to begin with?

No but irresponsible caregivers leaving loaded guns where kids can get their hands on them would warrant some type of preventative measures, hmm?

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Look like there are many good reasons for this new office

There are also many good reasons for enforcing the rule of law, the #1 being: Putting criminals in jail.
edit on 22-9-2023 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger

There are also many good reasons for enforcing the rule of law, the #1 being: Putting criminals in jail.

It's not black and white, it is grey. #2 reason the highest percentages of gun violence are suicides now is that or is that not a reason to put preventative measures in place?

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:12 PM
link   

When are we going to see a federal program for harsh language?

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Why don't you just start collecting them!

You have been anti- 2nd Amendment consistantly.

We get it.

You don't think we should have guns.

You want government in control of guns.

Well, start ####ing collecting them.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone

originally posted by: ColeYounger

So, do you support state approved assisted suicide?

It's not black and white, it is grey. #2 reason the highest percentages of gun violence are suicides now is that or is that not a reason to put preventative measures in place?

So do you support state approved assisted suicide?
edit on 22-9-2023 by BlueJacket because: Fix

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Why don't you just start collecting them!

You have been anti- 2nd Amendment consistantly.

We get it.

You don't think we should have guns.

You want government in control of guns.

Well, start ####ing collecting them.

No, you are twisting my intent. I am against anyone with certain issues should own guns or irresponsible people who allow their kids to get their hands on guns, or suicidal people...me bad.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Incredible.

Just. . . wow. . . .

And there are no current laws against that?

*shocked face*

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:22 PM
link   
The first ever office of more money laundering scam for democrats to pay themselves.

Yep another scam that will be erased with the money allocated once the democrats are out of the white house.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Incredible.

Just. . . wow. . . .

*shocked face*

If the laws worked why the need for a prevention office?

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: PorkChop96

No but irresponsible caregivers leaving loaded guns where kids can get their hands on them would warrant some type of preventative measures, hmm?

It's not "irresponsible caregivers" that are the problem! link

If we come from generations where people glorify this, how are we ever going to see it is wrong?" one teen asked.

The teens say they have been taught this way of living by older gang members and others in the community.

"So like, we basically hearing that our whole life, so that's what stuck in our head, I'm loyal to where I'm from, no matter what. I'm loyal to where I'm from. That's how people feel," one young man explained.

If that means pulling a trigger, they say they will, but these young men also point to drill rap music and social media as being culprits for continued violence. They say bullets are fired over disrespect or taunting that comes online.

"When you think of yourself as a person, as a real street dude, you feel that you have to answer that," one teen said.

I've noticed the blame is never put on the proper cause. Like how gun crimes do not get prosecuted, they are the first victim of a plea deal. The knee-jerk response is the American gun culture, however the traditional gun culture has not a dang thing to do with the shootings. Or do we want to ignore the "thug" culture? Right now an actual gun crime is being defended by the very same people setting this farce up! Funny that.

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:32 PM
link   

How are they going to go around and establish that?

Go door to door and ask to see your firearm storage? Ask you where you keep your guns? Ask if you are fit to own one?

Please, if you have some incite on how to do that in a reasonable way, let us know

posted on Sep, 22 2023 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Incredible.

Just. . . wow. . . .

*shocked face*

If the laws worked why the need for a prevention office?

Ask the leftist DA's.

This is not done by accident.

The left creates a nightmare for normal people, then they run in with a solution that will kill all rights and freedoms, but no one will care because the leftist cheer-effing-leaders will be shouting about safety and security.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join